Thread on Micechat says GCV construction starts this month!

If the GCV is coming to pass I wonder how long before an announcement is made. I would love to know the details now so I can start figuring out how much I'll need to save. Typically how long after construction starts do they announce the latest DVC resort?

Hmmm. I was hoping to buy some BVW points before the end of the year. I may have to start saving for GCV instead. :cool1:

Looks like I've got to start a "special" savings account!

My wish list is longer than my vacation time.
DVC - Contemporary
DVC - Hawaii
DVC - GCV

I too am hoping this one happens! This will be the one time I would agree with the "buy where you want to stay" crowd. This will be on VERY popular location.

Just a little more fuel for the DL DVC fire.

We are currently at Disneyworld, staying at BWV. We decided to go over to the sales office today to take a look at the new AKV for the first time. Our guide was available, so we actually were able to meet with him.

We tried to pry information out of him about future DVC sites. We told him we didn't want to rush to add-on at AKV if there was going to be another anouncement really soon. He just smiled a big smile and told us he couldn't give out any information, but there were plans in the works. He said there wouldn't be any announcements for a little while, but didn't give us an idea of when.

We told him how much we were interested in DVC at DL and mentioned how all these big timeshares would be opening up new resorts in 2008 and that Disney better get its hustle on before these other timeshares took over Anaheim. Again with a big smile on his face and a small chuckle, he said "you don't have to worry about that."

DVC Disneyland is in the works. I am so excited. I will definately be adding on.

Sounds like good news but how many villas do you think could be built at GC?

Doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of room over therr.

The initial rumors were for 50 units. If thats true it will sell out fast.

We told him how much we were interested in DVC at DL and mentioned how all these big timeshares would be opening up new resorts in 2008 and that Disney better get its hustle on before these other timeshares took over Anaheim.

Way to grill your guide,4mcbjCrt, and thanks for the report!

Hey- another permit has popped up on the Anaheim Planning Dept website! The description of this one is :

"Addition to Hotel (Grand Californian Hotel) Shell Only "

Here's a link, if you really need to take a look (note- their system doesn't handle extra traffic too well, so you may have problems with the link)

http://permits.anaheim.net/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=StatusViewCasebld&shl_caseno=BLD2007-01783

Wow- and just in case you ever wondered how much a permit of this type would cost, the fee is $78,775.49!

Great detective work Squidmo! Looks like thing are moving along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter