Thread on Micechat says GCV construction starts this month!

Thanks all for the info. My one trip to Disneyland was for a conference back in 1990-1991 ish, so all this (GC, DCA, etc.) is new to me. BTW, here's an even more detailed satellite view: http://local.live.com/default.aspx?...t=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=6773102&encType=1

Note that these maps don't always center correctly when linked, so you may have to more around a bit to get on the right spot.

One think I wonder is how this will tie into the rebuild of DCA - maybe they could build a bit into the park and move the park around somewhat.

In any case, I've got to agree with one thing. Assuming they don't do something crazy with room design, these will suddenly become the most desired DVC rooms. I wonder what the point/night prices will be.

I think it will be the T setup you describe. (Based on past rumors that state the Valet parking lot would be moved across the street and the Villas expanding into it). This would make a T off of the front wing going east into the Grassy wedding area, and West into the Valet Parking lot. I don't think anything can be done with the wing that houses the Mt. Whitney suite due to it's location. (You really notice this when looking at your map, there is simply no room on that East wing).

I agree, the "T" seems most likely. So, then I wonder what they are doing with the Mt. Whitney suite...

If our speculations are close to being correct, I'd imagine some of those DVC balconies are going to offer some fantastic viewing of the planned DCA night time water show! What a fabulous benefit that would be. Instead of staking out your space for an hour or two, you can hit the rides while everyone else is ringing the lake, then causually head to your room....nice.

If our speculations are close to being correct, I'd imagine some of those DVC balconies are going to offer some fantastic viewing of the planned DCA night time water show! What a fabulous benefit that would be. Instead of staking out your space for an hour or two, you can hit the rides while everyone else is ringing the lake, then causually head to your room....nice.

Good point Mtnman44, These will be the best seats in the house, and the first DVC property with a front row seat to a major Disney show. (at least until CRV comes along and has a full view of wishes).

Thanks all for the info. My one trip to Disneyland was for a conference back in 1990-1991 ish, so all this (GC, DCA, etc.) is new to me. BTW, here's an even more detailed satellite view: http://local.live.com/default.aspx?...t=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=6773102&encType=1

Note that these maps don't always center correctly when linked, so you may have to more around a bit to get on the right spot.

One think I wonder is how this will tie into the rebuild of DCA - maybe they could build a bit into the park and move the park around somewhat.

In any case, I've got to agree with one thing. Assuming they don't do something crazy with room design, these will suddenly become the most desired DVC rooms. I wonder what the point/night prices will be.

WOW! What a great Satellite view! I have never seen one this detailed. Good Job Salmenous!

Thanks for all the "investigative work" :thumbsup2 I sure hope Disney announces something soon though. Everytime we hear of some rumor of DVC at GC nothing happens.

I'm so excited I can't wait for an announcement!:yay: Hopefully it will be off room 216/217, the views will be fantastic. Just waiting to add on at my favorite resort.

I booked CGH as a Disney Collection for late May 2008, I wonder if they will move any points reservations over to the new section.

How could there possibly be any DVC units available that soon? If they do begin work this month, could it go that fast? These aren't existing unit modifications, this is a new contruction.

I booked CGH as a Disney Collection for late May 2008, I wonder if they will move any points reservations over to the new section.

. I think if you don't own there it is going to be hard to get a reservation, even at the 7 month window. (However, if these sell out fast, which I think they must. I would not be suprised to see another DVC property pop up on the 45 acres next to the Disneyland Hotel).
I think this is very true. I have been hearing from several sources that a second DVC location at DLR was always the intention.

I would like to see a GCV as much as anyone, but I think we may be jumping the gun a wee bit here.

That said, I would purchase if the resort was with the Grand Californian, but not if it was part of the DLH or a stand alone. :smokin:

MG

DVC at DL would be great! I just splurged on points to book a one-bedroom at the DLH in June of 08. Even though we mainly vacation at WDW I've got family and a bunch of friends out in the DL area so an add-on here for an every-other-year trip might make sense. Keeping my fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

A little more fuel for the fire- today there's another new building permit up for Disneyland, (Permit # BLD2007-01721) for:

"Tenant improvement, 1886sf remodel of mock up unit for time share sales "

A few months ago, I seem to recall someone had posted that they had asked the DL DVC sales center if they were going to remodel the SSR models for AKV, and were told no, they would wait for the next property.

This is looking awfully promising!

A little more fuel for the fire- today there's another new building permit up for Disneyland, (Permit # BLD2007-01721) for:

:tink: Looks like I better start getting my ducks in a row for an add-on. Keep up the great detective work!

A few months ago, I seem to recall someone had posted that they had asked the DL DVC sales center if they were going to remodel the SSR models for AKV, and were told no, they would wait for the next property.

It looks as if the floor plan for the GCH Villas may be more like the SSR models if they are using this space. I cannot see the larger AKV floorplan style fitting in here, in addition I see them keeping the models no bigger than this due to the limited space avaliable for the GCH expansion. Great find Squidmo

How could there possibly be any DVC units available that soon? If they do begin work this month, could it go that fast? These aren't existing unit modifications, this is a new contruction.

I only asked because of this statement by squidmo

"Well, I just exchanged a couple of PM's with the OP from MiceChat, and s/he says Disney is planning for construction to be completed in the spring! We could be less than a year away from getting to stay! "

:confused3

That said, I would purchase if the resort was with the Grand Californian, but not if it was part of the DLH or a stand alone. :smokin:

MG
That's the best part, from what I hear, you'll have that choice eventually.
While the GCV will be themed like, but not the same as GCH, according to the Blue Sky Disney blog, there are 4 more hotels planned for DLR. One of them could be a DVC stand alone. If it was themed like the victorian era Del Coronado in San Diego, which by chance fits the 1.2 billion dollar retheming to Mictorian at DCA, I'd stay there.
DLH starts it's retheming very soon, and there are no rumors that it will be part of DVC, except ones that I thought made sense...LOL.
My personal sources have said construction walls will be going up at GCH very very soon.

That was I that posted about a remodel of the model. And the CM did, in fact, say that they would wait to remodel the model, for the next DVC after AKV.

according to the Blue Sky Disney blog, there are 4 more hotels planned for DLR. One of them could be a DVC stand alone. If it was themed like the victorian era Del Coronado in San Diego, which by chance fits the 1.2 billion dollar retheming to Mictorian at DCA, I'd stay there.

Yeah, I'd probably have to do an add-on at that one, if it comes to pass. I think the GCV will always be my main "home" though

Longhairbear said:
That was I that posted about a remodel of the model. And the CM did, in fact, say that they would wait to remodel the model, for the next DVC after AKV.

Thanks for the confirmation! I remembered the post, but couldn't find it when I tried to search for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter