Can I do it at first services when we go in a few weeks? It no longer allowed anywhere so I guess has fallen out of my mde

Can I do it at first services when we go in a few weeks? It no longer allowed anywhere so I guess has fallen out of my mde
Guest Services handled my date change last month. I had tickets that were extended thru Sept. 26, 2021 because of the COVID shutdown but the ticket owners aren't going until November. They were able to change the starting date for my tickets right there.

I have a trip booked for June 2021. Purchased 3 adult 7 day PH tickets from a 3rd party, but it looks like we are going to have to decrease our length of stay. What are my options? We will likely only need 4-5 days instead. Of course, I don't want to lose my park reservations, so please consider that as well.

Also, what if we don't go at all in June 2021, but go in June 2022 instead. What are my options for my tickets? I was told before I purchased that I could use the value of those unused tickets towards new tickets, but how does that work exactly? Do I change the dates on the tickets?

I have a trip booked for June 2021.

1. Purchased 3 adult 7 day PH tickets from a 3rd party, but it looks like we are going to have to decrease our length of stay.

2. What are my options? We will likely only need 4-5 days instead. Of course, I don't want to lose my park reservations, so please consider that as well.

Also, what if we don't go at all in June 2021, but go in June 2022 instead. What are my options for my tickets?
3. I was told before I purchased that I could use the value of those unused tickets towards new tickets, but how does that work exactly? Do I change the dates on the tickets?
1. WHEN did you buy the tickets?
2. Either go ahead and just use your current tickets and lose the value of the last 2-3 days (actually, not a major amount of money, all things considered.)
-Or-
SAVE these current tickets, unused (yes, their value can be used to purchase tickets for another trip in the future.)
Then, BUY NEW tickets (with the correct number of days) for use on THIS trip.
Your current park reservations will still work with new tickets.

3. First-off, all current WDW tickets are sold with an ultimate end expiration date.

So, if your current tickets will not expire within your new timeframe, you can change their dates and use them. (If the dates that you do finally go are listed at a higher cost than your currently-booked dates, you will have to pay the difference when you CHANGE the dates.)
-Calling Disney will help you change the dates.-

OTOH, if your current tickets WILL EXPIRE regarding your future new timeframe, you can use the value of those expired unused tickets towards the purchase of new tickets.

The only thing you NEED to do is KEEP YOUR TICKET NUMBERS STORED on your computer, because expired tickets will "disappear" in your MDX account.

Last edited:
1. WHEN did you buy the tickets?
2. Either go ahead and just use your current tickets and lose the value of the last 2-3 days (actually, not a major amount of money, all things considered.)
-Or-
SAVE these current tickets, unused (yes, their value can be used to purchase tickets for another trip in the future.)
Then, BUY NEW tickets (with the correct number of days) for use on THIS trip.
Your current park reservations will still work with new tickets.

3. First-off, all current WDW tickets are sold with an ultimate end expiration date.

So, if your current tickets will not expire within your new timeframe, you can change their dates and use them. (If the dates that you do finally go are listed at a higher cost than your currently-booked dates, you will have to pay the difference when you CHANGE the dates.)
-Calling Disney will help you change the dates.-

OTOH, if your current tickets WILL EXPIRE regarding your future new timeframe, you can use the value of those expired unused tickets towards the purchase of new tickets.

The only thing you NEED to do is KEEP YOUR TICKET NUMBERS STORED on your computer, because expired tickets will "disappear" in your MDX account.

Thank you so much. Bought them on April 1, 2021. I just tried to check the price on a 4 day PH, but I can't even do that b/c one of my days is all booked for park reservations, so it won't even let me purchase a new 4 day ticket. If I choose to use my current 7 day tickets and just lose the $, would I need to change anything if I am just arriving later than the original start of my date based tickets? In other words, they were supposed to start on June 10, but would be June 13 now. The end date is not changing. Would I need to change or do anything if just coming later?

Thank you so much. Bought them on April 1, 2021.
1. I just tried to check the price on a 4 day PH, but I can't even do that b/c one of my days is all booked for park reservations, so it won't even let me purchase a new 4 day ticket.
2. If I choose to use my current 7 day tickets and just lose the $, would I need to change anything if I am just arriving later than the original start of my date based tickets? In other words, they were supposed to start on June 10, but would be June 13 now. The end date is not changing.
3: Would I need to change or do anything if just coming later?
1. You can always check the price of tickets.
Just don’t log into your MDX account.
Check by going to the regular WDW site. HERE.
2. & 3. You don’t need to do anything.

Last edited:
I don't want to lose my park reservations
it won't even let me purchase a new 4 day ticket
Since you already have park reservations and simply want to use a different ticket than what is in your account, I've read a couple reports of people who were able to call and purchase tickets in that situation. So it may be worth a try if you have time to sit on hold; and you may need a supervisor to override since some dates are officially sold-out. Or keep watching the calendar because occasionally WDW shuffles park reservation availability around between buckets or restores some from folks who cancelled trips - so those dates may become available again.

If all else fails, I'd stop at Guest Relations onsite and ask about new tickets, assuming you have the funds to front that cost and save the existing 7-day tickets for another trip.

1. You can always check the price of tickets.
Just don’t log into your MDX account.
Check by going to the regular WDW site. HERE.
2. & 3. You don’t need to do anything.
You are the best!!! I was trying on 3rd party site, so that's probably why. Thanks again!

I apologize.... i tried the search, i went back a dozen pages, and I cant find my answers..... I'm a bit peeved.... we've been planning wdw trip for about two years because of covid... we currently we have 9 day 1 park per day pass.... have reservations for theme parks all 9 days we are going to be there,.,,,, we have now decided we want to upgrage to park hopper plus... we are gonna want to park hop, plus with blizzard beach on our radar it makes sense... go to MY Disney experience,,,, clilck on upgrade... enter in payment info and we get this error....

I apologize.... i tried the search, i went back a dozen pages, and I cant find my answers..... I'm a bit peeved.... we've been planning wdw trip for about two years because of covid... we currently we have 9 day 1 park per day pass.... have reservations for theme parks all 9 days we are going to be there,.,,,, we have now decided we want to upgrage to park hopper plus... we are gonna want to park hop, plus with blizzard beach on our radar it makes sense... go to MY Disney experience,,,, clilck on upgrade... enter in payment info and we get this error....
my screenshot wont post

basically says our days arent available......... but we already have theme park reservations and tickets....

basically says our days arent available......... but we already have theme park reservations and tickets....
Call Disney for help in upgrading.

We have three 7-day park hoppers that we used in April but only ended up using 6 days on two of them and 5 days on one of them. I was hoping to apply a credit toward purchasing tickets for our next trip.

I was told to email guest services. How long has it been taking guest services to get back to you?

Generally speaking, tickets can only be upgraded within 14 days of first use or before the final entitlement is used up, whichever comes first.

That said, when did you buy your tickets? If they were bought pre-pandemic and extended through 9/26/2021, you may be able to get the unused days extended. However, I highly doubt they will let you upgrade by adding more days - though it never hurts to ask nicely. Adding more days to the pandemic-extended tickets turned them into "regular" tickets again with a set expiration date, negating the 9/26/2021 extension privileges.

Well... called disney ticketing... 407-566-4985.. wait time was 3 minutes (Awesome)... super nice lady told me I cant upgrade our 9day 1 park per day ticket to PH plus tickets as there is no theme park availability on the calander (6/1 - 6/11) so the "system" wont allow us to upgrade but she said we will be able to once we are at WDW we can goto guest relations at any theme park or a place in Disney Springs and we will be able to upgrade then.

Well... called disney ticketing... 407-566-4985.. wait time was 3 minutes (Awesome)... super nice lady told me I cant upgrade our 9day 1 park per day ticket to PH plus tickets as there is no theme park availability on the calander (6/1 - 6/11) so the "system" wont allow us to upgrade but she said we will be able to once we are at WDW we can goto guest relations at any theme park or a place in Disney Springs and we will be able to upgrade then.

That'll work for you, just fine.

We bought our tickets through UT. Uploaded them to MDE. Are we able to add days and/or upgrade to Park Hopper through Disney?

My DS and DDIL had no expiration tickets from about 12 years ago. Used most of the park days and a few water park days. Since then had other tickets, but had them prioritized so not to use non expiration days. This past trip ( a month ago) DDIL (DS stayed home), went to prioritized the tickets, took forever. I wasn't at the counter, so don't know what was said. My DD just noticed, DDIL ticket now says no days left. The ticket that was used was a 5+2 deal.

Any recourse?

During that same trip, we needed to get AP. We have a few one day comp tickets. The CM (and it also took forever) put those ticket under jo-jo other, so they wouldn't be used. That CM told me right now there is no way to prioritize tickets, so she had to do it that way.

My DS and DDIL had no expiration tickets from about 12 years ago. Used most of the park days and a few water park days. Since then had other tickets, but had them prioritized so not to use non expiration days. This past trip ( a month ago) DDIL (DS stayed home), went to prioritized the tickets, took forever. I wasn't at the counter, so don't know what was said. My DD just noticed, DDIL ticket now says no days left. The ticket that was used was a 5+2 deal.
1. Any recourse?
During that same trip, we needed to get AP. We have a few one day comp tickets. The CM (and it also took forever) put those ticket under jo-jo other, so they wouldn't be used.
2. That CM told me right now there is no way to prioritize tickets, so she had to do it that way.
1. Yes. Call and explain to Disney the circumstances. They can restore the proper tickets.
2. We know that tickets can be prioritized, so we might chalk this up to be a "miscommunication."

That'll work for you, just fine.

I have a similar situation with Covid extended tickets where I want to add a park hoppers and the park reservations are full (May 22). When I called the general ticket number she couldn’t make changes, and she set up a call back for me from Ticket Services (different from her department somehow?). Unfortunately I missed the callback.
Robo, are you saying it won’t be a problem to upgrade in person?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter