Yes I did and she told me that his park reservation would eventually drop off. Then told me if I could find a ticket somewhere, I should quickly attach it to his MDE account. He is on the phone with another person now and she’s told him the first person did it wrong and she should have just changed the name on the ticket. She’s trying to see if she can fix this mess.

Fingers crossed for you.

The first agent actually refunded the ticket portion for the 2 that can’t go, which surprised me. I figured I would just get credit for future ticket purchase. We leave in 15 days.

I just thought you could transfer a ticket to someone else as long as it hadn’t been used but she said no.
I believe you said you had a package. Tickets purchased as part of a package are only available to those named on the resort reservation. Did you ask to add someone to your package to take the place of the person who was dropped? In that situation, the ticket would "transfer" (not technically, but for all intents and purposes it's the same result). If you weren't adding the new person to the room reservation, the ticket can't transfer.

You should still be able to add someone to the reservation, and since they have already refunded the 2 people dropped you would need to pay for the ticket for the added person. In the future, "Jimmy" could simply be "Johnny" without making any official change.

I believe you said you had a package. Tickets purchased as part of a package are only available to those named on the resort reservation. Did you ask to add someone to your package to take the place of the person who was dropped? In that situation, the ticket would "transfer" (not technically, but for all intents and purposes it's the same result). If you weren't adding the new person to the room reservation, the ticket can't transfer.

You should still be able to add someone to the reservation, and since they have already refunded the 2 people dropped you would need to pay for the ticket for the added person. In the future, "Jimmy" could simply be "Johnny" without making any official change.
Yes I was dropping 2 and adding 1 to my reservation. The first person told me I couldn’t do that but the next phone call got me to someone who fixed it all!

You should be able to re-assign the new ticket to whomever will use it, just as you are re-assigning the current ticket to the dummy profile.
I thought after date on ticket that value was "locked" to whomever held ticket at that point? So C Smith, but I don't have any MB with C Smith on them. It's fine for the MDE, but they'd want to use their MB. If I can only get a hard ticket, I'll deal with it.

I thought after date on ticket that value was "locked" to whomever held ticket at that point? So C Smith, but I don't have any MB with C Smith on them. It's fine for the MDE, but they'd want to use their MB. If I can only get a hard ticket, I'll deal with it.
A fully-unused ticket should be able to be reassigned. It may disappear from view after the expiration date, but WDW can see it to upgrade. Then assuming you manage the C.Smith you can then transfer it to Chris or Chuck or anyone else.

I can get 3 days of Disney tickets for Feb. 2022 on Underground tourist for 771.00 vs. 805 on Disney website. Is there a drawback to purchasing through Undercover? Thank you.

I can get 3 days of Disney tickets for Feb. 2022 on Underground tourist for 771.00 vs. 805 on Disney website. Is there a drawback to purchasing through Undercover? Thank you.
Not really - as soon as you get the numbers from UT you can then link to MDE. We've purchased from UT several times.

Sorry for not reading all 549 pages. I did read the first 3. I have a 5 day PH I bought from authorized discount ticket seller in March 2016 (that is the date on the back of the ticket, I think I bought it in June). I want to upgrade it to a DVC Gold Pass. Since WDW is not currently selling new annual passes, but they are renewing annual passes, do you think there is any chance I will be able to do that on Sept 6, 2021?
Also, that was before individual day pricing, etc. So will it still be bridged since it is that old, or will I just get the price I paid for it?
Thank you for this wonderful resource, Robo.
Also, does anyone know what the price for a DVC Gold pass was when they last sold it?

Since WDW is not currently selling new annual passes, but they are renewing annual passes, do you think there is any chance I will be able to do that on Sept 6, 2021?
Do you have a current AP that will need renewal in September? If so you should be able to apply the value of the unused 2016 ticket to the renewal. If you don’t have a current AP you are not eligible to purchase a renewal AP.

Also, that was before individual day pricing, etc. So will it still be bridged since it is that old, or will I just get the price I paid for it?
The old 2016 ticket would have a credit based on these values.

Do you have a current AP that will need renewal in September? If so you should be able to apply the value of the unused 2016 ticket to the renewal. If you don’t have a current AP you are not eligible to purchase a renewal AP.

The old 2016 ticket would have a credit based on these values.
Thank you Judy. No, I don't have a current AP. I don't want to buy a renewal. I want to buy a new one, using the value of the Unused 5 day PH to fund it. I was just hoping since they are selling renewals, they would soon start selling new APs again. My first day is Sept 6, so I may need to take another AP voucher that has not been activated. I wanted to use that hanging 5 day PH.
From what you said, it sounds like they are not bridging prices anymore. Is that right? I thought under the old bridging system, I would get credit for the cost of a current 5 day PH. So they aren't doing that anymore?
Edit:
Using the AllEars WayBackMachine, my 5dayMYW Park Hopper was $435.59.

Do you think they would not let me activate my AP voucher since that is a new AP, and they are not selling them yet?

Last edited:
Thank you Judy. No, I don't have a current AP. I don't want to buy a renewal. I want to buy a new one, using the value of the Unused 5 day PH to fund it. I was just hoping since they are selling renewals, they would soon start selling new APs again. My first day is Sept 6, so I may need to take another AP voucher that has not been activated. I wanted to use that hanging 5 day PH.
From what you said, it sounds like they are not bridging prices anymore. Is that right? I thought under the old bridging system, I would get credit for the cost of a current 5 day PH. So they aren't doing that anymore?
Do you think they would not let me activate my AP voucher?
They could start selling new APs, really no way to tell right now as WDW has been mute on that point.

Once WDW went to the dated tickets, the credit value of for bridging is no longer the “current” ticket prices but rather it would bridge to the “WDW online” ticket price at the time you bought the ticket (so if you saved $50 by purchasing from an authorized reseller, you keep that $50 savings). I believe older pre-dated-based tickets may bridge to a certain point when they started expiration dates. The first post has the link I shared for 2016 ticket values for upgrades. However you cannot upgrade it to an AP until those are available to the general public again.

Is your 2016 ticket a no-expiration or did it expire? If not expired I believe you can use it as-is this fall. Or since you have an AP you can activate it.

I have an unused six day hopper ticket purchased during the closure that I need to turn into a seven day hopper. I thought I saw a way to do that online during the closure and now can't find it. I searched this thread and it seems now a call must be made to ticketing? Just verifying I'm understanding the current process. Is there any way to add a day without calling or being there in person?

Is there any way to add a day without calling or being there in person?
Unfortunately you will need to call if the option isn’t available in MDE. Be aware that adding the extra day will make them “regular” tickets again without the extension to 9/26/21. It may not matter but I wanted to mention because you will have a set expiration date based on your new dates.

Is your 2016 ticket a no-expiration or did it expire? If not expired I believe you can use it as-is this fall. Or since you have an AP you can activate it.
Good morning, and Happy Mother's Day everyone!
1. My 2016 5 day PH shouldn't be expired. How would it expire? Old, unused tickets are supposed to hold their original value.
2. I need at least 6 if not 7 days. So if I use that ticket, I would need to add on to it, convert it to 6 or 7 day PH, or buy a 1 or 2 day ticket. Will it be complicated to convert it?
3. Since they don't bridge the old way of bringing it up to current value, but just using what was original price in 2016, it might be cheaper to just buy a 1 day ticket, rather than convert it to a 6 or 7 day. Your Thoughts?

Good morning, and Happy Mother's Day everyone!
1. My 2016 5 day PH shouldn't be expired. How would it expire? Old, unused tickets are supposed to hold their original value.
2. I need at least 6 if not 7 days. So if I use that ticket, I would need to add on to it, convert it to 6 or 7 day PH, or buy a 1 or 2 day ticket. Will it be complicated to convert it?
3. Since they don't bridge the old way of bringing it up to current value, but just using what was original price in 2016, it might be cheaper to just buy a 1 day ticket, rather than convert it to a 6 or 7 day. Your Thoughts?
By "no expiration" I meant the upcharge option that WDW used to sell, which allowed even a partially used ticket to continue to be valid until all entitlements are used. Even across multiple visits and years later. It doesn't sound like you have that.

Before date-based pricing, there were a few years WDW sold tickets that expired usually Dec 31 of the following year. I think 2016 tickets have this. So your ticket has "expired" for the ability to use it as-is, but yes an unused ticket always retains a value to use as credit towards a new ticket.

It will cost more than just adding a day (or 2) to make your old 5-day ticket a current 6 or 7-day ticket. You would need to price out the different options for your dates to know what is best for you. You will need to bring the old 5-day up to current value, then adding another couple of days. I do not think a separate 1-day ticket will be less expensive than adding 2 days to the old ticket once it is brought up to current. But it's not going to be a cheap $20-$30 as it would have cost in 2016.

Hello. My family had a trip booked for last summer that was cancelled due to Covid. 3 of us had 7-day park hopper plus tickets, and 1 of us had a 3-day park hopper plus ticket. (She wasn't going to be able to stay longer because of work.) I purchased the tickets from Undercover Tourist. Not as a a part of any package.

It's now looking like we will try to return in September. But this time, all four of us will be going for 5 days. So I have 3 tickets with two extra days on them, and one ticket that needs to add two days.

(1) As for the tickets with extra days, I'm sure we'll go back again. But these tickets technically expire in late September. And we wouldn't be going back until sometime in 2022. Will I be able to use the extra days in the future? What steps would I need to take to make that happen?

(2) As for the ticket that needs to add two days, I understand that, in the before times, you just went to guest services at some point during your trip and had them add days. But that was before it was necessary to make park reservations in advance. How would I go about adding days now, so that I can make park reservations for that person? Would I do that through Disney, or through Undercover Tourist?

(3) Is there any chance that I could transfer days from one of our tickets to another?

Thanks in advance for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter