Just purchased tickets for WDW from Undercover Tourist. Received the ticket confirmation and ticket numbers fast--15 minutes. I went to link the tickets to My Disney Experience so I could make park reservations over Thanksgiving (already booking up) but got an error message saying it could not be done at this time. Have tried back several times--same message. Of course, if you call the hold time is nuts. Is this normal? Any advice to the best way to get the tickets linked to my account?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Quick question about buying park tickets from official Disney site....
When I get the confirmation email, will they give me the info to add the tix to MDE so I can make park pass reservation?
OR
Do I have to wait to get the tix in the mail to add to MDE?

You do not have to wait. I don't think you will even get physical tickets in the mail. You just get a confirmation code that you link in your MDE and they show up right away. You can then make park pass reservations.

When you get to the park you can use a magic band you have from a previous trip or mobile magic on your MDE app with your phone to enter the park. If you want to go to guest services you can get a physical ticket card, but that would use up valuable morning touring time.

Thanks so much! I noticed today that DHS is getting booked for Oct. So I want to pull the trigger today on tix and reservations (hopefully)

Keep trying. I think it should work, but there may have been a little delay. I would try with the spaces, make sure you have capital letters, and try the ticket number, and if that doesn't work the confirmation number. Good luck.

I just did this yesterday and had same issue. I did chat with where I bought the tickets and they said not to copy and paste. So I typed in the code and it worked with linking to Disney

hi. If I have a ticket that someone cannot. I don't know which kid will use it in the future. If I move it to a "dummy" person on MDE account before usage date, say C. Smith (which is the initial for 2 of my kids), once we apply the proceeds to another ticket, AP, etc. is there a way to then get that ticket linked to their MDE/MB? For ex., C. Smith ticket credit use for Clark Smith and moved to Clark's MB? Or does it just stay as C. Smith ticket which cannot be linked? I'd rather not guess now which kid might use it in another year or so.

Can anyone explain what’s going on in this thread? Basically FL Residents are seeing days added back to our tickets. Trying to decide if I need to make plans to use the extra days now or should I just wait in case it’s a glitch?

I have a package booked beginning May 20. Just found out today that 2 is the people on my reservation aren’t going to be able to go. I called Disney tonight to cancel one person and see if I could have another person take the place of one of my cancellations. She told me I couldn’t transfer the ticket to my other son who has now decided to go. I thought you could transfer a ticket as long as it hasn’t been used but she said no. Then she told me that she cancelled my 2 that weren’t coming and that there wasn’t any tickets left to purchase for my new person. Is that correct? Could she not transfer a ticket from one person to another?

Part of the problem may lie in the park reservation system. You can’t transfer park reservations, and they can’t sell you a ticket if all parks are sold out for your vacation days.

I think this applies if even one day of your stay is sold out.

Part of the problem may lie in the park reservation system. You can’t transfer park reservations, and they can’t sell you a ticket if all parks are sold out for your vacation days.

I think this applies if even one day of your stay is sold out.
Well he actually already had a park reservation. He originally had a room booked also but had just cancelled it because he decided he wasn’t going to go. He hadn’t cancelled his park reservations yet. His park reservations are still showing up on my MDE where our accounts were linked.

I just thought you could transfer a ticket to someone else as long as it hadn’t been used but she said no.

They made an announcement about needing to attach reservations to a ticket if you make a change. I’ll keep looking for it.

Don’t assume his reservations are going to be there. I don’t suppose you mentioned this to the CM.

I just thought you could transfer a ticket to someone else as long as it hadn’t been used but she said no.

Tickets bought from discounters (really vouchers) don’t have names attached to them. But once assigned - which they have to be for the park reservation - they aren’t transferable.

I‘m guessing you are too close to travel date to cancel and get money back?

They made an announcement about needing to attach reservations to a ticket if you make a change. I’ll keep looking for it.

Don’t assume his reservations are going to be there. I don’t suppose you mentioned this to the CM.
Yes I did and she told me that his park reservation would eventually drop off. Then told me if I could find a ticket somewhere, I should quickly attach it to his MDE account. He is on the phone with another person now and she’s told him the first person did it wrong and she should have just changed the name on the ticket. She’s trying to see if she can fix this mess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter