Completely understand if the rules have changed, I'm just having some trouble understanding the new parameters. I have 5-day park hopper plus tickets. These are the military promotional tickets. The last time I bought these tickets, the 'plus' options were treated as basically separate tickets, unrelated to the park days (so I could use water parks on Saturday and Sunday, then parks M-F). Is this still true, or must I use all entries within the 5 days of the ticket. I'd like to use a water park on Sunday, then park days M-F. Thank you for any guidance!

I have 5-day park hopper plus tickets.
These are the military promotional tickets. The last time I bought these tickets,

1. the 'plus' options were treated as basically separate tickets, unrelated to the park days
2. (so I could use water parks on Saturday and Sunday,
3. then parks M-F).
4. Is this still true,
5. or must I use all entries within the 5 days of the ticket.
6. I'd like to use a water park on Sunday, then park days M-F.
1. Yup.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. Nope.
6. OK. Have fun!

I currently have 5-day standard tickets for our upcoming May trip. I would like to add a 6th day, but don't want to mess up any of my current park reservations. Is it possible to do this online right now or do I have to call in? Also, will it let me add the 6th day at the more favorable 6-day ticket price or am I going to pay the higher 1-day price by adding that additional day?

I currently have 5-day standard tickets for our upcoming May trip. I would like to add a 6th day, but don't want to mess up any of my current park reservations.
1. Is it possible to do this online right now or do I have to call in?
2. Also, will it let me add the 6th day at the more favorable 6-day ticket price
3. or am I going to pay the higher 1-day price by adding that additional day?
1. Call.
2. Yes.
3. No. This is a very common and standard “ticket upgrade.”

Subtract the Disney online cost of the ticket that you WANT from the Disney online cost of the ticket that you HAVE to determine the cost of the upgrade .

Last edited:
Feel like I'm working backwards here :). . . .we always stay on-property, so I'm only used to using Magic Bands. I'm taking 8 girls on a senior trip and we're just spending 1 day at the MK. They all have MDE and all have individually purchased a ticket/made a park rez. I understand we'll need the email w/ the bar code to obtain the card there, but is there any way to avoid having to stop at Guest Services to get each one a card/ticket, or can are you able to link a purchased ticket to a new magic band without having to have a "physical" card? I'm just trying to avoid having to wait when we get there!

I usually buy my tickets separately so I’m not sure about changing tickets on a package.

I’m thinking about doing a quick weekend for Halloween. I would like to do MNSSHP if it comes out but in the meantime I would like to get a 3 day ticket. If the party becomes available can I change my ticket to a 2 day?

Just be aware that park reservations for resort guest tickets and theme park guest tickets are sold out for Oct. 31st already.

Just be aware that park reservations for resort guest tickets and theme park guest tickets are sold out for Oct. 31st already.

That’s only for MK. We would only be making the trip if MNSSHP is happening and we can secure a ticket for sometime that weekend.

Right now I want to do a 3 day ticket so if we get an early flight in we can hit a park on arrival day and if we get a late flight home we can hit a park on departure day. But if it doesn’t work out can we go down to 2 days with a package? Do I have to call to do this or can I do it on the app?

I searched this thread for "Florida Resident" and couldn't find the answer, so I'll ask...

A couple of adult friends are tagging along with DD & I for our June trip. I purchased Florida Resident tickets for all of us and I've linked Magic Bands for everyone.

My MDE account shows that I've verified my Florida residency, so DD & I should just be able to tap in.

Will the other two adults need to stop at Guest Services and show their IDs before tapping in?

Not a big deal if they do, just would like to know ahead of time so we can head there first if need be.

They will need to show proper ID as they enter the park at the tap point.

lol, I'm going to make a joke, "Yeah, y'all have to pull out your wallets before we even get into the first park! Get used to it!"

We are trying to piece together a trip for late June. Park availability appears to be very low. For many reasons, we are wanting to purchase only 2 day tickets. It appears that 2 day tickets must be used within a 4 day span. Am I understanding that correctly? We are hoping to stay a week. What if we buy tickets and make park reservations, and then a different park or day becomes available? Can we change our reservations? Also, what happens to the tickets if we buy tickets and make park reservations, but then have to cancel the trip?

We are trying to piece together a trip for late June. Park availability appears to be very low. For many reasons, we are wanting to purchase only 2 day tickets. It appears that 2 day tickets must be used within a 4 day span. Am I understanding that correctly? We are hoping to stay a week. What if we buy tickets and make park reservations, and then a different park or day becomes available? Can we change our reservations? Also, what happens to the tickets if we buy tickets and make park reservations, but then have to cancel the trip?
Yes, 2-day tickets must be used over a 4-day span. However, 2 1-day tickets are about the same price and you can pick whichever days you want for each one. So, it would be possible to do a park on Day #1 of your visit and then not go again until Day #6.

You can definitely change parks if reservations opened up at another park.The way that the park reservation system is set up, you must first cancel your existing reservation before you can switch to a different park..

If you purchase tickets as part of a room package, then the tickets get canceled when the package is canceled. If you buy tickets separately thru Disney, they are non-refundable. If you buy from an online ticket seller, cancellations and refunds are subject to their terms. Unused tickets never lose their value, so you can always apply their value to the purchase of a new ticket.

Thank you! Our tickets would not be tied to a package. Trying to piece together DVC nights because we have points to use. Does the reservation system show how many tickets are available? We are a family of 5 and would be trying to make reservations for all of us. If we do buy one day tickets, assuming you still have to choose the date. Is it easy enough/possible to change one day tickets also if additional availability opens up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter