To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Looking for a HM PR. I will train better over the winter in the cold and probably pick a HM in March when it's still going to be cold here. Last March, I almost PRd the RNR half, and the temp started around 20 F and got all the way up to about 30 F by the time the race finished. I slightly overdressed, but that was a great temperature. :)

Well if you'd like any help setting up a custom training plan, just let me know.

Wheel Mobile (auditions for Wheel of Fortune) is coming to Oak Creek, WI on Thursday and Friday. I took off on Friday to go ahead and give it a shot. Always enjoyed playing the game at home. So excited to see what I can do if given the chance!

Good luck! A friend of mine from high school was recently on the show (end of September) and won! He got some good money and a car.

Wheel Mobile (auditions for Wheel of Fortune) is coming to Oak Creek, WI on Thursday and Friday. I took off on Friday to go ahead and give it a shot. Always enjoyed playing the game at home. So excited to see what I can do if given the chance!
On one occasion, my mom solved the puzzle without any letters. The category was occupation. Granted it helped that said occupation was my dad's occupation, but still my mom is good at it too.

I saw that. Good luck!

Hey there! I just wanted to tell you that your thread popped up in my "most recent feed" and decided to click on it. What a wonderful transformation you've made! From one Badger to another ... congratulations! My home is right off the Madison Marathon route so you ran right by me :).

My fave was when a contestant guessed Mambo Jambo instead of Mumbo Jumbo. I now pronounce it the wrong way for my own amusement.

Best of luck!! And let us know what it's like!

Why Disboards, is there not a LOL button? I need it much for @roxymama postings!

@DopeyBadger Have fun! Just imagine if you could meet Pat and Vanna in person... they're cultural icons. What in the world do you wear to a Wheel tryout?

I have read that they try to make the wheel contestants almost the same height. So sometimes there will be a very short person up on a riser and a tall person kind of sunk into a hole.
And Pat stands on a thing in between the players so he's not shorter.

I hope you make it on the show so you can answer if that is indeed true.

Also, what is your "introduction segment" going to be if you make it?
Pat: "We have Billy here...now tell us what is a Dopey Challenge?"

Saw the therapist. This will be fun she is going to help my running form. Hopefully to keep the hip injuries at bay and may even make me more efficient, which translates to faster. As expected I have exercises to do. This was initial evaluation so i am expecting more work next week at the next appointment. In the mean time she said I could run saturday just nothing too crazy. My dopeybadger plan says 3 miles saturday and 4 sunday so going with it for now. I may have to tweak next weekend's run since the long is 10 miles and i may have to cut that to 6 (can add some time on the bike to get the time in). Going straight to 10 seems like a big jump.

Good luck with Wheel. I am not good at it. The rest of my family is but I am terrible.

Hey there! I just wanted to tell you that your thread popped up in my "most recent feed" and decided to click on it. What a wonderful transformation you've made! From one Badger to another ... congratulations! My home is right off the Madison Marathon route so you ran right by me :).

OMG! Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate the comments a lot! So nice to meet another fellow Badger. I'll have to run the Madison Marathon again sometime so then I can wave as I pass you by. I believe @GollyGadget is running the Madison Half Marathon coming up, so maybe she'll pass your house as well. Do you work in the area? My wife works at the University Bookstore on State and I'm at the UW-Biochemistry department.

Why Disboards, is there not a LOL button? I need it much for @roxymama postings!

::yes::

Have fun! Just imagine if you could meet Pat and Vanna in person... they're cultural icons.

That would be so awesome!

What in the world do you wear to a Wheel tryout?

Tough one. I scoured the internet for Wheel Mobile pictures and didn't find many. Most of the people seem to be in normal clothing. I was going to wear some nicer clothes like they do on the actual television show with the hopes it increases my odds to get picked for the actual auditions.

I have read that they try to make the wheel contestants almost the same height. So sometimes there will be a very short person up on a riser and a tall person kind of sunk into a hole.
And Pat stands on a thing in between the players so he's not shorter.

Well they do all seem to be the same height during the wheel portion, so I think you're on to something.

Also, what is your "introduction segment" going to be if you make it?
Pat: "We have Billy here...now tell us what is a Dopey Challenge?"

Loving wife Steph, beautiful daughter Gigi, work at UW-Biochemsitry, hobby is endurance running and coaching athletes all across the globe (who CRUSH it).

They'd have to add an "eye-roll" button too for all my really bad jokes.

:rotfl:

Saw the therapist. This will be fun she is going to help my running form. Hopefully to keep the hip injuries at bay and may even make me more efficient, which translates to faster. As expected I have exercises to do. This was initial evaluation so i am expecting more work next week at the next appointment. In the mean time she said I could run saturday just nothing too crazy. My dopeybadger plan says 3 miles saturday and 4 sunday so going with it for now. I may have to tweak next weekend's run since the long is 10 miles and i may have to cut that to 6 (can add some time on the bike to get the time in). Going straight to 10 seems like a big jump.

Good luck with Wheel. I am not good at it. The rest of my family is but I am terrible.

Agreed that going to 10 doesn't make sense at the moment. We can definitely keep adjusting as time progresses. Glad to hear that the therapist has some good ideas.

Thanks!

And good luck with the Wheel try-outs!

Thanks!

OMG! Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate the comments a lot! So nice to meet another fellow Badger. I'll have to run the Madison Marathon again sometime so then I can wave as I pass you by. I believe @GollyGadget is running the Madison Half Marathon coming up, so maybe she'll pass your house as well. Do you work in the area? My wife works at the University Bookstore on State and I'm at the UW-Biochemistry department.
I believe that I live right off the shared route and I go out and cheer on the runners when they go by. I was just in the UW Bookstore on Friday night before the Homecoming Parade :). My daughter is a Baby Badger, aka Freshman, this year and she's studying Kinesiology. Chemistry is currently kicking her butt and she signed up for the Chemistry Learning Center which is helping a lot. She'll be taking Biology next year.

I believe that I live right off the shared route and I go out and cheer on the runners when they go by.

How fun!

I was just in the UW Bookstore on Friday night before the Homecoming Parade :).

Well if you saw a crazy girl running around like she was on fire, that's my wife. :D She's in charge of all the clothing and register people and also is the assistant buyer.

My daughter is a Baby Badger, aka Freshman, this year and she's studying Kinesiology. Chemistry is currently kicking her butt and she signed up for the Chemistry Learning Center which is helping a lot. She'll be taking Biology next year.

A Baby Badger! You'll have to ask her if she's taking Biology 151/152 next year. The 152 class is the one you do a research project (either library based or mentored research based) in which is a really cool experience. I've mentored about 4 Bio 152 projects and 4 Senior Thesis projects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter