To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

::yes::

I think the technology is closer than we think. Just convert Google glasses into Google contacts and we're there. Then just interface the racing system with the contacts and Bam!, we've got our race tech in our eyesight. You could even have runDisney pre-plan character stops and it'll tell you how close you are to them and how long the line is currently. The possibilities are endless...:scratchin

Just remember to program in the ability for @CheapRunnerMike to pretend to blow up people who are bike drafting illegally. And add in pacman ghosts over my targets. Or virtual floating fritters. K-thanks

I'd enjoy one of those "world record" floating lines they use in the Olympics but for a goal time or PR.
Oooooh and a virtual "best tangent" line (like the blue line they paint on the Chicago marathon course)

If you need an idea-man at your imagathoning firm, just let me know.

I'd enjoy one of those "world record" floating lines they use in the Olympics but for a goal time or PR.
Oooooh and a virtual "best tangent" line (like the blue line they paint on the Chicago marathon course)

If you need an idea-man at your imagathoning firm, just let me know.

Virtual Pacer to goal time! That is an amazing idea! I should really be writing these down.

When mateojr won his AG award, his initial response was, "You always tell me it doesn't matter and the most important thing is your own time and if you are working hard." So I agree with all of the above, and my comment was just in fun and related to the many relatively small, local races that are available to @DopeyBadger and to me. In these races, I (along with fellow middle-aged moms) enjoy a positive, supportive environment with little victories of all different kinds - whether it's a PR, AG award or just a run that was cold or hot or windy and we got through it.

Ouch on those prices, but I think if we actually manage to get in that I'd want to splurge on a convenient hotel spot!

Agreed! Although, I like the price/convenience of the Congress Hotel. Also, the Best Western although not sure if it's actually a nice hotel though. The ones with price in yellow were from non-chicago marathon sources. The ones in Green + Congress and Kimpton were the ones suggested by others thus far.

LOL, Born to Run. (Not really since I don't actually know any words to any Springsteen songs really).
YES! :D
Sometime, if you want to try some new tunes for a run, I'd go with his Born to Run album, top to bottom. Most people know the Born in the USA stuff a lot better, but I much prefer his earlier work from the 70s and early 80s. Darkness on the Edge of Town album - also fantastic.
I've managed to only minimally pollute your journal with Bruce discussion... :tiptoe:

A few treadmill runs and I am feeling better. My plan is to go outside on Thursday for the 5 miler. I have picked a relatively flat course but at some point I need to try outside. I was just happy that my TM run this morning was decent, ie feeling better and feeling like i am getting my legs back. Right now i am thinking of doing 6 on saturday (which is on the plan) and probably switching to 6 on sunday instead of 10. After that i am hoping in general i feel normal and can just get going on the training plan.

On the chicago note I am having problems with the Hotel site, but i will still probably book through Hilton. I believe tomorrow they will be available for booking in Oct 2018. i need to make sure i get a pet room. Don't care about all the chatter about dogs being allowed. Hilton Chicago allows them and I HAVE to bring Mallory. Of course she is good. I have left her in two hotel rooms for two different races. When we do disney in Jan she will stay in the camper so no issue there.

Sometime, if you want to try some new tunes for a run, I'd go with his Born to Run album, top to bottom. Most people know the Born in the USA stuff a lot better, but I much prefer his earlier work from the 70s and early 80s. Darkness on the Edge of Town album - also fantastic.
I've managed to only minimally pollute your journal with Bruce discussion... :tiptoe:

LOL, unless we can find some sort of upbeat techno remix of Bruce then I might be out. All of my music is high bpm.

A few treadmill runs and I am feeling better. My plan is to go outside on Thursday for the 5 miler. I have picked a relatively flat course but at some point I need to try outside. I was just happy that my TM run this morning was decent, ie feeling better and feeling like i am getting my legs back. Right now i am thinking of doing 6 on saturday (which is on the plan) and probably switching to 6 on sunday instead of 10. After that i am hoping in general i feel normal and can just get going on the training plan.

That's great to hear! Road to normalcy!

On the chicago note I am having problems with the Hotel site, but i will still probably book through Hilton. I believe tomorrow they will be available for booking in Oct 2018. i need to make sure i get a pet room. Don't care about all the chatter about dogs being allowed. Hilton Chicago allows them and I HAVE to bring Mallory. Of course she is good. I have left her in two hotel rooms for two different races. When we do disney in Jan she will stay in the camper so no issue there.

That's great you've found a good option! That looks like a great hotel with a prime location!

Nebraska :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter