Totally Frustrated with wait times calling Disney!

Just tried to call again about my MDE problem. Was shocked to get right through. But then I had to be transferred and have been waiting 20 minutes Ugh. It's not even telling me how long the wait will be.
Update: So mad!!! I was on hold for over 45 minutes and my stupid phone disconnected!!!! The stupid thing always hangs up after a certain time!
Another update: Called back and got through right away again I told her what happened and asked if i could ask them to call me back instead she said they couldn't and she would transfer me right away Ugh. So then when she does I get a message that it will be over 130 minutes!!!! My phone won't hold that long
Sorry to hear this...so frustrating...I get it!

Two and a half hours later...done! Expired tickets reassigned...at a cost but one step closer to planning park reservations, etc. Now have to deal with airline vouchers this week! We're going to Disneyworld! :worship:

80 minutes waiting so far for Disney Internet Help Desk.. Cannot make park reservations for the life of me for my family who I bought tickets for last week. Says 'Invalid Admission' no matter what I try. Already troubleshooted with regular GS team member yesterday and via chat today and nada. So looks like I'll be staying at work until they pick up.

I totally understand that they don't have enough people to handle the volume. So, then, make the website and app more accessible to do simple things. I'm on hold right now for an estimated 50 minutes in order to make a payment. Their voice system is having 'technical difficulties', so even that is down right now. I'M TRYING TO GIVE YOU MONEY!!! You'd think they'd want that. Spent 17 hours (not all at the same time) to pre-register for my son's DAS(because that's what they asked us to do) only to find out that they changed the rules mid-stream and are now only offering pre-registration for trips that begin from Nov. 1 - 15th. Oh....why not put that out there BEFORE I lost parts of 3 days of my life. No matter how you slice it, this is NOT Disney quality customer service.
DH has had to call to make payments a couple times (trips for W&D and over Thanksgiving). Each time they say the online payment system is temporarily down. But it seems like it's always down so 🤷🏻‍♀️ How is that a difficult thing for IT to fix?

We also tried to do the DAS pre-registration yesterday and after going through the whole chat it said due to volume they were no longer adding anyone to the queue, call again tomorrow.

If the hold times are going to be hours long, why not get the app working properly? Ever since the app update, I can only load ride wait times about half the time I try. Otherwise I get a blank screen. I've also never once been able to make a dining reservation on the app - if I even get any times to come up, once I select them I get an error message.

Disney Parks and Customer Service can no longer be uttered in the same breath.

My DS needs a DAS and the advance assistance could be a game changer for him - but 4-6-8-12 hours on a phone with him nearby is not an option. It is unacceptable from Disney. If Disney can not handle their own program, they need to subcontract it to the companies that do it for other parks.

Having to call and spend hours on phone to fix Disney IT issues is completely unacceptable. This is nothing new, Disney IT has been crap for YEARS.

Calling for help with dining, reservations etc (aka giving them money) and spending hours on phone is unacceptable. They are doing nothing but turning people off if this is an example of how their vacation will pan out.

When I start making plans - I avoid ANYTHING that may involve me calling at some point - that says it all. I know that Disney is deliberately avoiding customer service by not maintaining a proper level of IT, IT quality control and operators that can assist with problems. They continue to add more complication to their online systems without the support it will need. AND THEY DON'T CARE.

SO I now always stay offsite where I get excellent online or phone assistance, I have only booked one ADR for an entire week and will likely stick with waitlist, QS, packing a sandwich and eat meals offsite. And sadly we'll have to get his DAS at the parks which is a loss for us in our days planning.

Does anyone know if "more than two hours" is the longest estimated wait time that they give you? I was told that when I called around noon. Still on hold 3 1/2 hours later . . . .

I have been trying to call for the last couple weeks. Different days, different times, same story. When I can get through, the recording says estimated wait time is two hours. The two times I did this, my call was dropped right around the two hour mark. My needs are minor, I need to cancel two reservations for Steakhouse 71. Why can't I cancel it myself? What they are doing right now isn't working. If the wait times are this long, why not offer a callback service. I know some people have mentioned this, but I have never received this option. If you call in the morning at the wait is 2+ hours, provide as accurate feedback to the true wait time and take a call back number. Possible state, "We apologize for the delayed wait times, we will call you back in 2-3 days". To some this may not be acceptable, but for some with minor issues that can wait, like my self, I would like to know that someone is going to be calling me in a couple days than wasting my time calling every day, different times and sitting on the phone. Done with rant....

The two times I did this, my call was dropped right around the two hour mark.
This seems to happen a lot. Just when you finally make it to the front of the queue, either the phone CM pushes the wrong button and hangs up on you, or the system drops your call as it is being transferred to the CM. So utterly demoralizing!

My call a couple of weeks ago was dropped after holding for a couple hours also. I had gotten the call back option but gave them my son's # because it was really his issue. I don't know if he was ever called. But I called back immediately and never got the option to leave my #.

I tried last week about 7:30 a.m. and got the option for a call back! They called back less than 2 hours later, but it was computerized and then I had to wait until someone came on but that was not too long. I wanted to give her my cell # in case we got disconnected but she said they can't make outgoing calls. Luckily she was able to fix my son's account and merge his two accounts I saw on my MDE that he had created.

Their phone system is totally unacceptable.

Yesterday I had to make a non-Disney call and was put on hold. After 15 minutes the person who answered apologized for the long wait time. I almost said something but didn’t. That is how things should be for everything, including Disney.

I have been trying to call for the last couple weeks. Different days, different times, same story. When I can get through, the recording says estimated wait time is two hours. The two times I did this, my call was dropped right around the two hour mark. My needs are minor, I need to cancel two reservations for Steakhouse 71. Why can't I cancel it myself? What they are doing right now isn't working. If the wait times are this long, why not offer a callback service. I know some people have mentioned this, but I have never received this option. If you call in the morning at the wait is 2+ hours, provide as accurate feedback to the true wait time and take a call back number. Possible state, "We apologize for the delayed wait times, we will call you back in 2-3 days". To some this may not be acceptable, but for some with minor issues that can wait, like my self, I would like to know that someone is going to be calling me in a couple days than wasting my time calling every day, different times and sitting on the phone. Done with rant....
I have always been able to cancel reservations through MyDisneyExperience APP...Have you tried that...If not I would link park tickets and dinner and hotel reservations there and try that! Good luck!

My call a couple of weeks ago was dropped after holding for a couple hours also. I had gotten the call back option but gave them my son's # because it was really his issue. I don't know if he was ever called. But I called back immediately and never got the option to leave my #.

I tried last week about 7:30 a.m. and got the option for a call back! They called back less than 2 hours later, but it was computerized and then I had to wait until someone came on but that was not too long. I wanted to give her my cell # in case we got disconnected but she said they can't make outgoing calls. Luckily she was able to fix my son's account and merge his two accounts I saw on my MDE that he had created.

Their phone system is totally unacceptable.
Glad your problem got resolved...and I agree, the phone system is totally unacceptable. As a DVC member, it has been increasingly difficult to just get things done online as well! Wonder how new reservation experiences are???

Waited on hold for 3 hours yesterday...wanted to add PhotoPass to my AP which you can't do online. At 1.5 hour mark a CM picked up and basically said they didn't know how to do it and would I mind holding again? Stupid me figured that would be a few mins....nope another 1.5 hour hold only to be told it has to be done in person in the parks. What a waste of time.

I have always been able to cancel reservations through MyDisneyExperience APP...Have you tried that...If not I would link park tickets and dinner and hotel reservations there and try that! Good luck!

There is a known (at least to everyone but Disney!) glitch with some (not all :confused3 ) Steakhouse 71 reservations that won't allow you to cancel online or in the app. I'm one of those people...

I am modifying it out as far as I can so I can keep avoiding the long call wait times. I may just modify it to later dates indefinitely until IT fixes the problem :teeth:

Waited on hold for 3 hours yesterday...wanted to add PhotoPass to my AP which you can't do online. At 1.5 hour mark a CM picked up and basically said they didn't know how to do it and would I mind holding again? Stupid me figured that would be a few mins....nope another 1.5 hour hold only to be told it has to be done in person in the parks. What a waste of time.

not true at all they added it to mine over the phone

I "got" to call in order to have our reservation transferred from a TA who stepped away from the business. When I used the chat they told me I had to call. 100 minutes later, someone answered only to tell me that I needed to send an email to a specific email address. Why couldn't the chat CM just give me that email address?! And I was over a barrel - If I hadn't called, the reservation would have stayed attached to the TA and I wouldn't have been able to make payments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter