• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

Hello! we are booking our FIRST trip to UNIVERSAL and I figured I would search everything on DIS since this site has helped me numerous times with my Disney trips... My first question.. WHO IS TONY!?!?! LOL I see his contact information above but would like to know how he came about? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tomy Hinds is personal car service
His fares are competitive

I found him probably back in 1993 or 4 when I was using Murray Hill car service
Have used Tony ever since when he created he own car service company

When his schedule was full for my dates. I relied on a couple of other companies

needless to say that I book Tony right after I book my hotel / flights as he has been competitive and safe and always on time

Tony does ports, hotels, etc
he is trustworthy and dependable.

When his schedule was full for my dates. I relied on a couple of other companies

needless to say that I book Tony right after I book my hotel / flights as he has been competitive and safe and always on time

Absolutely.

On your recommendation of Tony I`ve passed his name on to many folks, and they all have nothing but the highest praise for him.

I haven't used him yet (we go in a month), but I can't speak highly enough about his responsiveness. We've had resort changes, flight changes, and other issues arise over the last month, and it is never more than a few minutes before he responds to an email. We are arriving very late, and he even researched where I could place a grocery order that he could pick up for us on the way to the airport. This is not a common level of service!

Tony is customer oriented
He goes the extra mile for his customers
We have used Tony for all our trips for the last 5 years on your recommendation. We love him! We haven't been down in over a year due to covid (we're from NY). We are finally coming in April and I texted Tony this morning and I haven't heard back. I would usually hear within a couple of hours. Does he still book via text or only by email now. Maybe he changed his number?

I used Tony last month and either called and left him a message or sent him an email.

He responded back to me when he was done with his drives.

He usually responds within 24 hours when he is contacted.

His phone # and email address has not changed.

Tony is a gem!
Tell him “ hey” for me!

(If you need his number, I can give them to you)

I used Tony last month and either called and left him a message or sent him an email.

He responded back to me when he was done with his drives.

He usually responds within 24 hours when he is contacted.

His phone # and email address has not changed.

Tony is a gem!
Tell him “ hey” for me!

(If you need his number, I can give them to you)
Thanks so much! I will tell him!

We are booked for a cruise in March of 2022 (fingers crossed things are a LOT better by then!) and I'm considering having our family fly down a day early and doing a universal day. However, we will be traveling with a 2yo, and I would REALLY like to NOT have to bring a carseat with us, and I don't really want to RENT a carseat either. Are there any roundtrip transportation options from MCO to the UO hotels for us?

We are booked for a cruise in March of 2022 (fingers crossed things are a LOT better by then!) and I'm considering having our family fly down a day early and doing a universal day. However, we will be traveling with a 2yo, and I would REALLY like to NOT have to bring a carseat with us, and I don't really want to RENT a carseat either. Are there any roundtrip transportation options from MCO to the UO hotels for us?

As mentioned above Tony Hinds is great and has car seats, (407) 406-9093. Tony sent Art, Standard Transportation, (407) 721-8013, to pick us up during the beginning of COVID when he couldn't. Art is terrific. We have used him four/five times since then. He has car seats too. You can send Art a text for prices and information. I love both of them. My daughter and I feel very safe traveling with either of them.

As mentioned above Tony Hinds is great and has car seats...... Art is terrific. We have used him four/five times since then. He has car seats too.

Ok this is really good to know. I wasn't sure if the private companies would offer carseats because of liability and all of that (that was a major obstacle for ride shares and hotel shuttle vans.) Thank you!

I have my round trip service booked with Tony for my May trip. We communicated over email. Normally, we would probably do Lift or Uber, but because we are staying for a week and want to include a grocery stop, we decided that a towncar would be best.

Also thought about renting a car and dropping it off after check-in, but the rental car spots near Universal (including Avis at RP) close around 4PM, leaving us little time between when our plane lands (a few minutes after 1PM) and returning the rental car.

I just emailed tony and hope he can do our June transportation. Where does he pick up at the airport? At baggage claim or somewhere else? I probably shouldn’t have waited so long to email him.

I just emailed tony and hope he can do our June transportation. Where does he pick up at the airport? At baggage claim or somewhere else? I probably shouldn’t have waited so long to email him.
Yes at baggage claim. He was holding an ipad with our name on it. He helped grabbed the bags and he was parked right outside the door. Very easy pick up.

Yes at baggage claim. He was holding an ipad with our name on it. He helped grabbed the bags and he was parked right outside the door. Very easy pick up.

hope he can do it. He sent me the link to the online form minutes after I emailed him. I told him he came highly recommended by multiple people on the disboards. It would take some worry out of the trip. We will use him for future Disney trips too once DME is gone.

Hi. Sorry if this was answered already but we are going to universal for 2 nights from MCO and there will be 10 of us. We are then going to WDW for a week. What is the cheapest way to get to universal and then to wdw? For the 10 of us, are we better off renting a car for a few days and dropping it off when we get to wdw?

Hi. Sorry if this was answered already but we are going to universal for 2 nights from MCO and there will be 10 of us. We are then going to WDW for a week. What is the cheapest way to get to universal and then to wdw? For the 10 of us, are we better off renting a car for a few days and dropping it off when we get to wdw?

Depends on your travel party. Uber/Lyft is the cheapest if all adults, but for 10 people, you will need 4 cars so a party that large may actually be cheaper to get a car service.
We always use Tony Hinds, as previously mentioned a lot in this thread, never had an issue, and most importantly felt safe traveling and secure knowing he will be there at the exact time we requested. We almost always do Disney and Universal on our trips. We usually use DME from airport to Disney then Tony (or Noelle who works with Tony) will take us from Disney to Universal then from Universal to airport. We are a family of 5 with 3 kids, always have needed a car seat, just let him know how many you need and they will be on the van for you when being picked up. I do not think 10 people will fit in one of his vans, but he has multiple drivers so 2 cars may be needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter