Treasure Detector Magic=Location? Have an Idea, Check it out

My real-life friend (who is not DIS) used his in the Haunted Mansion Lobby and got nothing.

His also said he had 30 days to use it--is that a change?

I got treasure magic. It is good for a 1x use in the next 30 days.

I used it in the Forbidden Temple. I got 40 credits. woot! :cool1:

I used it in the Esplanade, walked through the tree as well as around the center circle and got nothing.

Tomorrowland
Underwater Grotto
Gotten:nothing

Resident_Pixie said:
They were in the Adventureland Bazaar but I'm starting to believe that the pins come preloaded with a prize or nothing at all so no matter where you use it, you will get whatever prize or no prize preloaded into your pin.

I just got a pin from a code this morning that is good for 30 days, so I will wait a while to test out my theory.
This is my belief.
I don't think it really matters where you use it. Since they are 1 time use only, they would work better if they were pre loaded.
If they weren't, you'd have to have someone remember to "drop" prizes every where in VMK, including guest rooms.

Now, I could see people being upset if a friend found inferno in their guest room when they found nothing in a public room.

*edit* I just used mine in the JC lobby and got a big fat nothing. :(

Bugdozer used it in the Briar room and got nothing

I used mine on Main Street and got nothing

I was using my treasure detector magic in: Fantasyland In The Sky and received: Aladdin's Flying Carpet Chair Blue

Agian I used another one in the Frontierland Dock and I received Nothing.

cteddiesgirl said:
This is my belief.
I don't think it really matters where you use it. Since they are 1 time use only, they would work better if they were pre loaded.
If they weren't, you'd have to have someone remember to "drop" prizes every where in VMK, including guest rooms.

Now, I could see people being upset if a friend found inferno in their guest room when they found nothing in a public room.

*edit* I just used mine in the JC lobby and got a big fat nothing. :(
I totally agree with this theory. I think they are randomly preloaded with a prize or nothing and it doesn't matter really where you use it. I might be wrong. I just got the pin today and also a captain hook chair. My pin also says it expires in 30 days so i am going to keep it for awhile and wait to see what you detectives find out. But i really do believe it is already determined in each pin what the prize will be. In either case i think its cool that ebay and VMK are doing this and keeping our vmk lives interesting. :rotfl2: :banana:

cat_herder said:
There is a map in your hand, but you don't see anything on it, you seen just what everyone else see.

I think it is like a quest, they put a few *lesser* prizes and it is random what you get.

I got wanted poster in treasure room
Sharkdad got credits in Central Plaza.

I don't think there is a pattern.

I used my treasure magic in Central plaza before Sharkdad and Cat Herder showed up. I got nothing. Maybe tomorrow we will have another chance. :scratchin

I just got one from my code. I am not sure where to try it!! This makes me nervous. Anyone want to meet up to watch? Any suggestions of where to go?

I don't know that they are preloaded, but I think it is random, just like in the treasure room with keys.

I just used mine in Central Plaza and got nothing. :( I still dont really understand how it works though!

melkrirob HM Lobby nothing
beatles_fan HM Lobby 200 credit
FlyingPegasus HM Lobby nothing

Nenya ~ Central Plaza near park benches furthest to the left and got 50 credits.

i used another tonight in Castle Forecourt got nothing. There are so many "nothings" I am starting to wonder if we are doing it right. Oh and btw-they cannot be combined-Yes I tried! Didn't think they would be, but worth a shot!

i got two codes from both of my sisters for treasure magic

Dungeon-nothing
Spell room- nothing

:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter