Trip 5 weeks away -- No signs of Merry Mixer yet!

Inga

DIS Veteran
Hi

Still no signs of any DVC holiday parties scheduled for this year? When should we hear about this?

Thanks

Inga

I hope they have one this year-- we should get a new November Member Clubhouse this week, maybe something will be in it!!!!
Was this the party that was at the IG entrance to Epcot?

I think so, we have never been as we are new members, but we heard that it happened last year...they may do something different, I hope they do something anyhow...

Inga

Inga said:
I think so, we have never been as we are new members, but we heard that it happened last year...they may do something different, I hope they do something anyhow...

Inga
I hope they do soemthing this year, too. We left last year just before they started the "MeryrMixers".

Best wishe s-

I wonder if they will have a Merry mixer since they had a event during F & W. Susan

Here ya go:

Return of the Merry Member Mixer
The popularity of 2004's Merry Member Mixer event has prompted organizers to continue this new tradition this holiday season.

Each Thursday in December (Dec. 1-29, 3-5 p.m.), Disney Vacation Club Members are invited to celebrate the season in an exclusive area just outside International Gateway at Epcot®. Step behind the gated "garden wall" and enjoy a live DJ, festive carolers, Santa's favorite cookies and punch, a variety of "reindeer games," and, of course, a cheery bunch of familiar characters. (Also look out for some wisecracking elves who will stop at nothing to determine if you've been naughty or nice.)

Your fellow Disney Vacation Club Members look forward to seeing you at this complimentary event. Happy holidays!

Just got Member Clubhouse and it says Merry Mixer will be December 1 - 29 on Thursdays from 3:00 - 5:00 in Epcot at the gateway. It also states members magazine won't be out until late November.

:flower: :cheer2:

Does anyone know if you have to be an actual member to attend?

We are taking my sister with us. We used our points to get her her own room, so will have a key, but not an actual blue member card.

We were asked to show our blue DVC Member Cards last December....

Yay just got my newsletter today! Look forward to seeing all those DVC members in fine holiday cheer when we are there on Dec 8th!!!

Inga

DrTomorrow said:
We were asked to show our blue DVC Member Cards last December....

That doesn't mean that my best friend that will be there with me can't attend does it?

Is your best frind a member? It is a member only event and you must show your membership card. If everyone brought a friend or relative it would be out of control and ruin it for the rest of us. It doesn't last that long and members are in and out so your friend or relative can pick you up in a half an hour. Why does everyone want to push the envelope on everything! Be thankful they are having an event :) ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Boardwalk Tigger said:
Is your best frind a member? It is a member only event and you must show your membership card. If everyone brought a friend or relative it would be out of control and ruin it for the rest of us. It doesn't last that long and members are in and out so your friend or relative can pick you up in a half an hour. Why does everyone want to push the envelope on everything! Be thankful they are having an event :) ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I am not trying to push the envelope. I didn't think that inquiring about my travel companion was unreasonable. ''oh, gee, sorry, I'm going to be at the Merry Mixer, no you can't come, go along your own way, see you later''
yeah, that's much more reasonable.

I always thought it was open to DVC Members and their families/guests staying with them. I know if mom was traveling with us I wouldn't tell her she couldn't come.

poohj80 said:
I always thought it was open to DVC Members and their families/guests staying with them. I know if mom was traveling with us I wouldn't tell her she couldn't come.

Of course, that's only common sense that whoever is travelling w/us would be able to attend.

I got the member's email this morning and the Merry Mixers will take place from 3-5 each day, December 1-29.

This will work out very well for us :goodvibes .
Arriving at BCV 12/1 and then go to the SSR annual meeting at 2pm and then :moped: head right over to the Merry Mixer :Pinkbounc !!!
:banana: What A way to start vacation and our first trip "home"!!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter