Trip Report 4/4-4/8/03 Day 3

lulubelle

The "twisty" part of the 60 is called the Badlands
Cast of Characters:
Me - Lulubelle (Disney Freak)
DH - Chris (Tolerates Me)
DD - Bree (16 year old wonderful child, yes, truly)

Day 3- DCA
Ok, after coffee, OJ, muffins and fruit in the room, we head to DCA. First order of business, Aladdin tix. I head straight towards the Hollywood Backlot area and the line for tix is already long. We wait and get 3 passes for the 2:30 showing. DH was to watch the NASCAR Talladega race at ESPN this morn, but alas, they do not televise it, so he is in the DLH room watching it. No worries, he will meet us later :Pinkbounc So Bree and I check out the "Off the Page" shop where I find a lithograph I REALLY want for $125. and wait to make sure I REALLY want it before purchasing it. It is the castle and Walt with 5 pins scattered throughout and the bottom says "Walk in Walt's Footsteps". It is really cool without screaming DISNEY, you know the colors and animation can be so juvenielle in your home decor. Anyways, this one is not and I return later to purchase it - it is the last one available luckily for me and I got 10% discount, of courseP:) . Bree and I did the noon WWTBAM show. It was fun, but the two people who won I think are career watchers/players. The normal folks like us don't stand a chance. The second woman who won, they asked her what her favorite ride was at DCA and she replied "gosh, we don't really ride the rides, we just play the millionaire game". Then they panned on her hubby in the audience and he was wearing the show hat and shirt that you can only get by winning on the show and she fessed up he was a past winner, making it to the $500K level. She was also wearing a "Harvard" sweatshirt, not exactly my intellictual peer. So my point is that this game is fun to be a part of but to actually be selected you must be in the top percentage of the population. I consider myself intelligent and educated but could not master the fastest finger. Oh well, it was still fun for us. We did Soaring over CA next (we had gotten FastPasses upon entry before getting Aladdin tix). Then we had lunch at Bountiful Farms. We had the BBQ Chix and the Tri-tip Sandwich. The chix meal was sooo much better! We actually shared both which turned out to be a full meal for both of us. Execellent choice for a meal. It was a beautiful day and we were having a great time. Next we wandered off to the new Bugs Life area. We rode a couple of the rides, each with about a ten minute wait. Lots of kids, so we left. It was time to wait in line for Aladdin. DH met us at 2 pm in line. The line there is very long, crowded and confusing. We ended up in the front section of the balcony. We thought we wanted the Mezzanine section but somehow were shuffled to the balcony section. Although we were in the front row, with exception to the flying carpet scenes, the middle section would be best to view this show. It was an excellent show and I would not miss it if you go to DCA. Our Aladdin was "Michael" and we heard he was the best from a hubby of a castmember waiting to take his wife to dinner. We all really enjoyed this show and will see it again when we return. Next we got FastPasses for Ca Screamin for 1 - 1/2 later. We waited 30 minutes (our longest wait all 5 days) for the Ferris wheel. Our DD, who loves all fast rollercoasters and any scary rides is somehow terrified of these sliding-gliding cars and she hides her head most of the time. We have fun even so! Snack is at Chips-Strips-Dips as DH has not eaten since muffins in the room. He orders a full meal and DD and I snitch a few bites:)
On to the Orange Stinger (MY FAV DCA RIDE), although my family could care less, they indulge me twice. I feel fortunate there is relatively no line for this ride. After our FP for CA Screamin' we shop a little and return to our room. After relaxing we purchase dinner snacks from Croc's Bits (Chix tenders, salads, etc.). Mom and dad enjoy wine and screwdrivers brought from home. We relax in our room and go to bed around 10 pm. DH tries to watch war coverage, I quickly change channel to Disneyland coverage. They have three channels which I watched repeatedly to keep you in the Disney spirit:jester: Tomorrow is a commando DL park day as the parks were quite crowded Sat and Sun and Mon promises to be sparsely populated. Stay tuned (hope I am not too boring):Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter