Trip report - "Dreams do come true" (video complete - pg 45)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my weekend plans were a bust (too sickly to go anywhere today :coffee: ) I thought I would try again uploading some video, but it's still not working. Might be a while before I get anything uploaded, but i'll continue to ty a little here and there.

Jenn050709 - Thanks! :goodvibes The scooter thing cracks me up too! One time I broke my ankle right before a disneyland trip and i thought "at least i'll be able to use one of htose scooters!' but they were all out and i had to use a wheelchair instead, i was bummed lol

M&M126 - thanks for all the comments!! I really appreciate them :yay: Have a wonderful time planning for your wedding, it will be fantastic!! I look forward to reading your trip report :yay:

BaBeeCee14 - thank you!! :) I didn't have a hard time choosing really. I went on their website to look at their posted options. I knew immediately I wanted to have a wedding in one of the theme parks!! Since I couldn't afford MK (I don't think they were even offering them at that point, for some reason), I decided epcot would be just as lovely! I chose the "isola" because it was on the water and you had a nice panaramic view of all the countries, and future world across the way, and spaceship earth was right there in our photos - i loved it! The other countries were beautiful, but i really loved it being an "epcot" wedding! For the reception, I chose ariel's based on a few reasons - 1. we were staying at the yacht club, which is right next door.. 2.) - it had a lot of natural lighting to it, it wasn't too big so my small party size wouldn't be a big deal, and 3.) - I loved the pictures of the reception in "Fantasia-sam's" trip report.. I'll have to dig up her trip report and post a link here when i find it - it was lovely!! I know it can be overwhelming, but once you decide what key factors are important (e.g... having an outdoor/indoor wedding.. having a flowery backdrop or a water backdrop, etc...) everything will align itself! Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Hi, Mary!

Just wanted to let you know how nice it was to hear the update to your fairy tale! I almost forget I didn't actually attend your wedding, I read about it in such vivid detail! :) I am glad to hear that all is going well, and I certainly hope your weekend gets better - being sick is no fun. Will look for the video when it gets up!

Hi Mary!
I just finished reading all 41pgs of your TR and loved every minute of it! It makes me more excited to have a Disney wedding! It was wonderful how you were so descriptive, it took care of a lot of questions that I had. The pictures and stories were great. It reminds me of what my friends and family might say/do. :banana:

Goodness, Happy Anniversary a little late! It's been a year already! When I was planning our 5th Anniversary trip last summer, I read through your posts for ideas. Can't believe it's been that long already.

So.....are you two going to add to your family in the future? It will be a joy when you announce you have a new little Disney fan on the way! If that's what you plan on, ofcourse.

lulu - thank you for the good vibes! :goodvibes I'm still not having goodluck with the video, but have a few other ideas when I have a free weekend (Hopefully soon!)

oxlisamariexo - thank you! :goodvibes have lots of fun planning your wedding, it will be a blast! Look forward to hearing about your wedding!

jesussavedme - thank you for the anniversary wishes! :goodvibes I can't believe it's been a year either! I actually really want to have kids soon, but will most likely wait at least a year (or more) before even trying. Hopefully then I'll be done with the course work part of my program, and hopefully i'll have health insurance by then (i hear that helps :rotfl: ) anyway, long way down the road, but not far from my thoughts!

I spent most of my day yesterday glued to the computer reading both your pre-TR/planning thread and your TR, and I LOVED them both! Everything about your wedding sounds fantastic, and your details made me feel like I was right there with you the entire time! Your family looks like they had a wonderful time, and I'm sure they'll be talking about your wedding for years to come. I love the little things you did for them (welcome baskets, gifts, etc.) to make their trip so magical. You truly made a beautiful bride!

And congratulations on a year together! You and your DH make a wonderful couple. :hug:

May 6th (my birthday), Saturday, DAY 17 – the LAST DAY OF OUR HONEYMOON :(

That's my birthday too!! I just read the whole trip report. I LOVE IT!!!! :goodvibes your wedding was so beautiful. I feel like I was at your wedding lol. You two are so cute together!!

I spent most of my day yesterday glued to the computer reading both your pre-TR/planning thread and your TR, and I LOVED them both! Everything about your wedding sounds fantastic, and your details made me feel like I was right there with you the entire time! Your family looks like they had a wonderful time, and I'm sure they'll be talking about your wedding for years to come. I love the little things you did for them (welcome baskets, gifts, etc.) to make their trip so magical. You truly made a beautiful bride!

And congratulations on a year together! You and your DH make a wonderful couple. :hug:

Thank you! :goodvibesThe little things were a lot of fun putting together! I wish I had done more, I look back and I have all these ideas I could have used back then lol! I'm glad you enjoyed reading the TR! I love the pic in your sig - very romantic!

That's my birthday too!! I just read the whole trip report. I LOVE IT!!!! :goodvibes your wedding was so beautiful. I feel like I was at your wedding lol. You two are so cute together!!

Thank you!! :goodvibesThanks for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed the TR :) You're birthday's may 6th too? very cool! :cool1:

Mary-

You don't know how much time I spent reading your TR!! I enjoyed every single minute of your report and I was so bummed to reach the end!!

As other posters have mentioned, your TR sets a new standard for future TR's. Your story telling and all of your pictures were outstanding!!

I do see you have a ticker.... looks like a trip is planned??!!!

Mary-
You don't know how much time I spent reading your TR!! I enjoyed every single minute of your report and I was so bummed to reach the end!!
As other posters have mentioned, your TR sets a new standard for future TR's. Your story telling and all of your pictures were outstanding!!
I do see you have a ticker.... looks like a trip is planned??!!!

Thank you so much!! :goodvibes Yep, we're heading to Coronado Springs in early September, only for a few days though, but I'm excited!! Sure we don't have the money and there's a million other things I should be doing with that time, but I need another disney vacation, darnit! And I've never done the free dining thing, so I'm really looking forward to it! I don't want to wish my summer away, but at the same time I can't wait! I see you're heading to WDW a few weeks later, staying at CSR too? Very cool! I'm really excited about trying out Coronado springs - i've never stayed there before but it looks like a lot of fun!! Thanks again for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed the TR :goodvibes

Okay, well I couldn't figure out how to upload the video from the little dvd's that most of my wedding day footage is on, but I did figure out how to upload video from my dv tapes, so I started uploading some of that footage. It takes a long time to compress these things though (roughly 90 minutes to compress each 10 minutes of video.. I need a faster computer!), so I can only do a little at a time. Not even sure if anyone is interested in watching them, but I'll post them anyway since I've been backing everything up, so I already have them on my computer :)

I have the first half of Day 1 uploaded... I got a LOT of boring footage on this day since I was so excited! All the other days I got like a third of the footage that I got on day one... I don't have the time to edit them down to make them more interesting, but oh well. And I sound like such a complete dork in these videos! But alas, here they are anyway. I guess it's kind of like "Trip Report - the motion picture!" :rolleyes1

Part 1 (9 minutes), travelling from LA to MCO and meeting up with everyone at the airport!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW_0565GPHc

Part 2 (9 minutes), really boring footage of us driving in the limo from MCO to the Yacht club and geeking out about "purple signs" and disney buses! Me tripping while getting out of the limo :sad2: Also includes checking in and walking to our hotel room at the yacht club
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvupxJ8cYpo

Part 3 (7 minutes), me being a COMPLETE idiot while looking around our new hotel room, and us heading to epcot and listening to off kilter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVJ5JELc1sM

Anyway, I'll be surprised if anyone actually watches these, but if anyone does, I'll upload more. When I get home from work I'll upload part two of Day 1 ('ohana rehearsal dinner).

Can't watch the video now ('cause I'm at work) but at the very least I'd like to see you trip out of the limo. Just kidding! :lmao:

So did your husband geek out at the Fantastic Four movie this weekend or is that strictly reserved for Superman? My hubby was very excited for Spider-man (ended up a bit disappointed), medium excited for FF2 (was ok but what the heck did they do to Jessica Alba's lips? they were HUGE!), and is now all atwitter over the impending Transformers. Boys! :rolleyes:

Can't watch the video now ('cause I'm at work) but at the very least I'd like to see you trip out of the limo. Just kidding! :lmao:

So did your husband geek out at the Fantastic Four movie this weekend or is that strictly reserved for Superman? My hubby was very excited for Spider-man (ended up a bit disappointed), medium excited for FF2 (was ok but what the heck did they do to Jessica Alba's lips? they were HUGE!), and is now all atwitter over the impending Transformers. Boys! :rolleyes:

:rotfl: Well, the trip out of the limo is from the first person perspective, just to let you know! (most of the footage is me recording, while narrating soundling like a five year old LOL). Jim didn't much care for the first Fantastic Four... with dialogue like "let's not fight..." "no.. let's!", :sad2: ... but he might go see the second one when he gets time.... I told him he'll have to see it himself though, I sat through spiderman3 that was my charity for the year lol (we both thought it was pretty bad)! But we are both excited about Transformers! With michael bay directing you know it will have some good explosions in it lol! popcorn::

YES I AM WATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE UPLOAD MORE:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: i remember this was the first trip report i ever read and i never forgot it!!!!!!!!!!! i feel like i know you guys personally!!!! i love the videos its making the whole trippie come together!!! this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes thanks so much for sharing!!!!!:dance3:

I just watched the videos, and I loved watching them! Your excitement and enthusiam is contagious! I had so much fun watching! I can't wait to see more!

After hearing your mention how bad Spiderman 3 was, I'm glad we didn't go see it in the theaters! Both me and my FH are pretty geeked about seeing Transformers however! When we were registering at Target last weekend, he was trying to figure out a way to add some of the Transformer stuff onto the registry :rotfl: He's going to see the new Fantastic Four movie with his kids next weekend, thankfully I'm getting out of going to that one. I've got wedding stuff to take care of that he can't be there for!

How fun!!!!!!!!! Our WDW wedding is in less than a month and I am getting itchy to just get down there. Thank you for giving me something to do that helps bide my time :) I felt bad for you that you were jumping out of your skin with excitement and no one else really was. I'm the same way! I totally would have been '5-year-old giddy' with you :) :) I always know others are excited, they just don't vocalize it as much as me, but I want someone to jump up and down and giggle with!!! I'd love to see more!!

Also, did you hire the limo through Mears? I'd love to surprise my family with getting this for them so they don't have to ride ME. Did your luggage go in the limo? I know you had a LOT ;) and I was trying to figure out how it all fit

I watched the video stan sent to me and you were on it!! I loved it,it was so beautiful! I am so happy I am using him.

Yea, it's Mary!!! I saw that you had posted to your TR thread and so I had to check it out. It reminded me of how captivated you had my sister and I while getting ready to go down for her wedding (one year ago on 6/20!) I can't believe you have already been married a year!!! Happy belated Anniversary---I feel like I should have sent you an Anniversary card since you let us be "a part" of your wedding day :) I'm so giddy right now I can't wait to watch your video footage. I haven't seen it yet, waiting for it to download--wee bit slower internet connection than I'd like. But I just want to let you know that I sound like a small child on video/recordings/phones as well :) Okay, I can't wait any longer to watch your footage so I got to say have a magical evening for now:wizard:

Anyway, I'll be surprised if anyone actually watches these, but if anyone does, I'll upload more. When I get home from work I'll upload part two of Day 1 ('ohana rehearsal dinner).

So when do you get home from work? :) I love that "boring" footage, cause that's real life--that's the exciting parts too!! I love how giddy you were, cause that's me:woohoo: I love getting in the room and the smell and trying to take in everything at once. I love when you're leaving the airport--going to meet your mom and you tell Jim not to videotape you from behind--again, that's me :)
Can't wait for more--giddy girl here :yay:
I wonder how it will all turn out :rolleyes1

YES I AM WATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE UPLOAD MORE:banana: i remember this was the first trip report i ever read and i never forgot it!!!!!!!!!!! i feel like i know you guys personally!!!! i love the videos its making the whole trippie come together!!! this is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes thanks so much for sharing!!!!!::

Yay, someone is watching! :cool1: That's awesome that this was the first TR you read - that's cool! I felt the same way about the first TR I read (like I mentioned before - fantasia sam's TR - I was hooked!) Thanks so much!! :goodvibes

I just watched the videos, and I loved watching them! Your excitement and enthusiam is contagious! I had so much fun watching! I can't wait to see more!

After hearing your mention how bad Spiderman 3 was, I'm glad we didn't go see it in the theaters! Both me and my FH are pretty geeked about seeing Transformers however! When we were registering at Target last weekend, he was trying to figure out a way to add some of the Transformer stuff onto the registry :rotfl: He's going to see the new Fantastic Four movie with his kids next weekend, thankfully I'm getting out of going to that one. I've got wedding stuff to take care of that he can't be there for!

Ha, too funny! My DH was the same way when we were registering, he tried to convince me that a bridal registry at bestbuy was completely practical!

How fun!!!!!!!!! Our WDW wedding is in less than a month and I am getting itchy to just get down there. Thank you for giving me something to do that helps bide my time :) I felt bad for you that you were jumping out of your skin with excitement and no one else really was. I'm the same way! I totally would have been '5-year-old giddy' with you :) :) I always know others are excited, they just don't vocalize it as much as me, but I want someone to jump up and down and giggle with!!! I'd love to see more!!

Also, did you hire the limo through Mears? I'd love to surprise my family with getting this for them so they don't have to ride ME. Did your luggage go in the limo? I know you had a LOT ;) and I was trying to figure out how it all fit

I'm glad I'm not the only one who acts that way lol! I know everyone else is excited, but like you said, they just don't vocalize it. Jim is always very subdued in his enthusiasm (unless it's for a superman movie!). The first big trip we took together - an alaskan cruise, it was just me and him, and I was just enthralled by everything, and he kept playing his gameboy, I remember that bummed me out!! :headache: So he was actually much better on this trip in showing enthusiasm! Though I guess I'm a little far to the other extreme! Oh well, vacations make me happy, what can ya do.

I think we ordered the limo through happylimo.com, though i'm not 100% sure. I don't think it was mears though. We shoved our luggage into the back fo the limo, it just fit! There's a picture on the first page of this thread where you can see the luggage in the back of the limo, looking like it's going to topple over onto my mother!

I watched the video stan sent to me and you were on it!! I loved it,it was so beautiful! I am so happy I am using him.

Thank you! :goodvibes Yeah, Stan shoots really beautiful wedding coverage. The only thing I'd mention to you is, he doesn't shoot much "candid" footage. He gets lovely establishing shots and fade in/fade outs, etc, but you won't see much footage of you guys talking or anything like that. so if that's important to you, i'd supplement stan by asking someone you know to take some footage! You can never have TOO much footage of your own wedding!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yea, it's Mary!!! I saw that you had posted to your TR thread and so I had to check it out. It reminded me of how captivated you had my sister and I while getting ready to go down for her wedding (one year ago on 6/20!) I can't believe you have already been married a year!!! Happy belated Anniversary---I feel like I should have sent you an Anniversary card since you let us be "a part" of your wedding day :) I'm so giddy right now I can't wait to watch your video footage. I haven't seen it yet, waiting for it to download--wee bit slower internet connection than I'd like. But I just want to let you know that I sound like a small child on video/recordings/phones as well :) Okay, I can't wait any longer to watch your footage so I got to say have a magical evening for now:wizard:

I remember you guys preparing for her wedding!! I can't believe it's been a year either - that means it's almost been a year for your sister hasn't it! I forget if I read it or not - did you post a link to the pictures or a trip report of your sister's wedding? would love to see how it turned out :) :goodvibes

So when do you get home from work? :) I love that "boring" footage, cause that's real life--that's the exciting parts too!! I love how giddy you were, cause that's me:woohoo: I love getting in the room and the smell and trying to take in everything at once. I love when you're leaving the airport--going to meet your mom and you tell Jim not to videotape you from behind--again, that's me :)
Can't wait for more--giddy girl here :yay:
I wonder how it will all turn out :rolleyes1

It took longer than expected to compress everything last night on my comp (I start the conversion and walk away, so it doesn't take ME much time, but it takes the computer all night!) Thanks for your comments, I appreciate them as I do wonder if I'm the only one who acts like that when getting to disney lol! Thanks so much! :goodvibes

I will post the links to our 'ohana dinner in a few minutes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter