Tron is incredible!

It is a brand new ride to Magic Kingdom. Sits next to Space Mountain which is the same.

It is a clone of the one in Shanghai.

Thank you. I thought they just revamped space mountain into it. Good to know. Im going in May, I will check it out based on your review. Thanks

Thank you. I thought they just revamped space mountain into it. Good to know. Im going in May, I will check it out based on your review. Thanks
Put big effort into getting a Virtual Queue time (or buy ILL) for Guardians of the Galaxy coaster in EPCOT. Truly "out of this world". We try to do a few times each trip. Disney outdid themselves on that one.

Put big effort into getting a Virtual Queue time (or buy ILL) for Guardians of the Galaxy coaster in EPCOT. Truly "out of this world". We try to do a few times each trip. Disney outdid themselves on that one.

Nice, we will. We havent been in a few years. Sounds like there are some fun new rides to attend. Any other suggestions since you are my official guide? lol

I rode it for the first time recently, and I have to say that personally I was disappointed. It was definitely fun, but not amazing. It's probably my 4th or 5th favorite ride at WDW right now. Aside from being new and only having virtual queue and ILL, I felt it was just lazily themed (other than all the LED lighting) because they just threw some screens up above the queue and had one small preshow room with a screen in the wall.

I also felt like it was definitely too short and ends abruptly. It feels like they got close to finishing it and just said, eh we're out of time, just wrap it up here. For example, The announcer calls out the 8 gates as you go, with them lighting up, and they are spaced pretty far apart at the beginning 1!................2!................ and so on, then it gets to the end and is like 6..7..8..bye! I don't even thing the announcer called out the last 2 or 3 gates. It feels like the ride is building to a big moment in a race, then its just done.

It probably didn't help that I rode Cosmic Rewind first and was blown away. By far the best ride at Disney right now. (Went on it 6 times on my recent trip lol). Great theming, extra theming in the queue with recognizable characters, a very unique ride with a decent story and a changing soundtrack. Just amazing. Whoever designed that ride needs to be hired for 2 more rides in each park ASAP

I rode it for the first time recently, and I have to say that personally I was disappointed. It was definitely fun, but not amazing. It's probably my 4th or 5th favorite ride at WDW right now. Aside from being new and only having virtual queue and ILL, I felt it was just lazily themed (other than all the LED lighting) because they just threw some screens up above the queue and had one small preshow room with a screen in the wall.

I also felt like it was definitely too short and ends abruptly. It feels like they got close to finishing it and just said, eh we're out of time, just wrap it up here. For example, The announcer calls out the 8 gates as you go, with them lighting up, and they are spaced pretty far apart at the beginning 1!................2!................ and so on, then it gets to the end and is like 6..7..8..bye! I don't even thing the announcer called out the last 2 or 3 gates. It feels like the ride is building to a big moment in a race, then its just done.

It probably didn't help that I rode Cosmic Rewind first and was blown away. By far the best ride at Disney right now. (Went on it 6 times on my recent trip lol). Great theming, extra theming in the queue with recognizable characters, a very unique ride with a decent story and a changing soundtrack. Just amazing. Whoever designed that ride needs to be hired for 2 more rides in each park ASAP
I agree. Tron starts out awesome, then it's done. They needed to do it like Test Track, with the outdoor section of the track at the end of the ride. After the outside portion of Tron, the rest was just a letdown for me.

Agree with a couple others. Rode it for the first time a couple weeks ago. I love the launch and the outdoor part, but then it seems like it’s over after that. Also not the most comfortable ride. I’ll definitely ride it every trip, but if I wouldn’t get on it I wouldn’t be upset. Now guardians was amazing.

Yeah it does seem that it could have been longer.
I think I was blown away by the design/theme and didn’t think too much about the timing haha

I did like GOTG a bit more. Super fun! I think Tron is very unique, but GOTG could be duplicated anywhere.

Definitely glad I could experience both, they were in construction when I was there back in 2019.

As a long time fan of the original movie I'd say overall it was a disappointment.
It far too short and just a very basic coaster.
The effects are OK, but not amazing.

Also - although it was not an issue for me - they really should have done a much better job of making the ride vehicle work for western body types.

I think GoG is a much more unique and exciting coaster.

I did ride Tron 5 Times and GoG 6 in the same week and found GoG far more fun.

Everyone is different....Tron yes is short but fun, GOTG, for me,,I am the reason that the trash cans outside do not have lids. Really check it out, one of the few rides that dont have lids on trash cans,,,there is a reason. Looking at you as well Orange Mission Space.
Wish I could have appreciated GOTG as much as others,, but one and done.

I thought it was fairly mediocre. The launch is cool but that's about it. Even for a Disney coaster it's not very fun. I would rather ride Everest or Big Thunder if we're talking about coasters inside of MK. You can definitely feel that this was a coaster that was designed and opened 8 years ago.

Thought it was a fun ride but after riding it 3x at the beginning of our trip, I paid dearly for the rest of the trip with horrible back pain due to the position one rides in. Next time I’ll ask for the regular seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter