*Truck and Towing thread........ask your questions here.*

Sometimes just a little maintenance and TLC is all it needed. I usually repack our bearings every spring when the season starts. It offers me a moment to check on seals, bearings, brake shoes, backing plates, wires, etc. Before any big trips or about mid season I pump some more grease in since we have EZ lube hubs. So far after 2 rigs and many thousands of miles towing its worked.

Just , fyi, my battery wrnt on my 2020, just under the warranty. They gave me a new battery. So , impressed at that. Last GMC they pro rated the battery and made me pay for the new one. So, keep an eye on it.

Jeesh Don. You can park a motorhome in there, but barely a truck? I was lucky when I had my dually. My garage was built extra deep and I could back the truck in and still have room to walk around it with the door closed.

j

Jeesh Don. You can park a motorhome in there, but barely a truck? I was lucky when I had my dually. My garage was built extra deep and I could back the truck in and still have room to walk around it with the door closed.

j
Well, the motor home garage is 75". If I had known then what I know now I'd have built the car garage deeper and wider. Live and learn, right?

I never even tried to pull my 2022 Chevy 2500 Silverado into the garage.. its a regular bed so it might fit.. but i prefer to show it off in the driveway! ;)
I get it, but this is Florida. Leaving vehicles outside isn't the best for keeping them nice, if you know what I mean.

Lets talk shocks for a moment. Those of you with a Ford DRW or had one in the past. It looks like I have a shock leaking. The truck has the original FX4 Rancho shocks and I am wondering do I just replace like for like? Or do I switch brands? Right now I am siding with Bilstien either the 4600 or 5100 for stock height suspension. Never been a fan of the ride of the Rancho 5000

My first dually didn't have the Rancho package and just heavy duty factory shocks. They lasted a few years towing the 20,000 lb race trailer and did fine. I replaced them with Bilstein and I didn't like the ride. Strangely it was ok towing, but felt too soft not towing. My 2nd dually had the Ranchos and I replaced with the Ranchos.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter