Tuesday May 11th: Cocktails by the Pool SAB

TinkerbellinLouisian

I think I'm going on my 21st visit in 47 years...
Hey Disfriends;

A Few of us are planning a DISMEET....:thumbsup2

Tuesday May 11th... Probably begin around 8p or 9p....:banana:

"Cocktails by the Pool" at Stormalong Bay at Beach Club.:woohoo:

Meet at Hurricane Hanna's Tables...near SAB.... (RAIN location TBA)

I am driving in ...so I may bring a few libations/snacks... so if you have a preference...let me know! :goodvibes

Please RSVP...since I would like to bring some goodies for folks who can come.... and We'd like to know who to look for...:love:

If you've ever wanted to See SAB... here's a good opportunity to do so... (no pool hopping though....please!)

(((HUGS)))):hug:

Mary

Hey Tink. I'll be there...hopefully with DH, DB and DGF. We're having a kiddie free night and will pop in after our ADR at Epcot.
See you there.

Sounds like fun, I have an early dinner at Flying Fish that evening so a cocktail or 2 around SAB will be very welcome, count me in please - just myself :cool1:

YAY!!!!:cool1:

Looking forward to seeing you both !

JAMSTEW Is planning on being there as well!

Great Group!

Hugs,:hug:
Mary

Sounds like it's going to be a great evening - fingers crossed for a nice hot dry evening too :goodvibes

YES!party:

Nice hot dry evening !:thumbsup2

We should probably think of a rain location as well..."just in case"....

Jamstew suggested Marthas Vineyard...but if some of our folks have kiddo's then that won't work....

Maybe "as close to Cape May" in the lobby where all the chairs & sofas are?

Hmmmm (thinking) :earsboy:

- Mary

Do either BWI or BCV have a games arcard that is remotely close to a drinking hole? We could try and arrange this as the alternative spot if there is rain?

Do either BWI or BCV have a games arcard that is remotely close to a drinking hole? We could try and arrange this as the alternative spot if there is rain?

I know I've seen the arcade at BC, and I think it's close to the bar, but I wouldn't swear to it.

The arcade at the BWI is just by the main pool, whilst the Bellevue Lounge is by the lobby at the BW - here in the UK children are allowed in a lot of bars/lounges as long as they are with their parents, is that not the same in the US?

Hello All;

So far I don't think we have any little ones in our group...just by chance...:thumbsup2

my DS18 is the youngest so far...and he's free to roam BC...prob the arcade or weight room...

I seem to recall the arcade is right next to Martha's vineyard (lounge) at BC...but I'll meet (Rain location) wherever...

So far though I'm counting on a nice dry evening and drinks by SAB at the outdoor tables / Hurricane Hanna's...:banana:

Since I"m driving in...I can bring stuff if you want ! Just let me know..:hug:

Hugs,

Mary

The arcade at the BWI is just by the main pool, whilst the Bellevue Lounge is by the lobby at the BW - here in the UK children are allowed in a lot of bars/lounges as long as they are with their parents, is that not the same in the US?

Hello Clare - That is interesting! So far we don't have any groups with kids that I know of.... I was just "thinking ahead"...

Each state has different laws... in Louisiana (My state) my DS18 would be allowed into a bar...but can not drink until he is 21. I'm not sure about the Florida law ....but I'll ask my sister who lives there... at any rate.. My DS18 won't be "hanging out " with us.... (unless any of you have some nice DD's around 17-18 :laughing: ) He'll be in the arcade or weight room ...knowing him.....

I can't wait for MAY! I'm so excited to meet so many international travelers as well as folks from states that I've never lived in!

Here is a map of BC:

http://allears.net/acc/bcss.htm

Hello Clare - That is interesting! So far we don't have any groups with kids that I know of.... I was just "thinking ahead"...

Each state has different laws... in Louisiana (My state) my DS18 would be allowed into a bar...but can not drink until he is 21. I'm not sure about the Florida law ....but I'll ask my sister who lives there... at any rate.. My DS18 won't be "hanging out " with us.... (unless any of you have some nice DD's around 17-18 :laughing: ) He'll be in the arcade or weight room ...knowing him.....

I can't wait for MAY! I'm so excited to meet so many international travelers as well as folks from states that I've never lived in!

Here is a map of BC:

http://allears.net/acc/bcss.htm

It's always good to think ahead Mary ;) 21 sounds much more sensible, here in the UK 16 year olds can drink in a bar/restaurant if they're eating a meal with adults (who are aged 18+), otherwise it's 18 - probably why we've got such a drink problem with teenagers over here :rolleyes:

I can't wait for May either, only a couple of months to go :dance3:

It's always good to think ahead Mary ;) 21 sounds much more sensible, here in the UK 16 year olds can drink in a bar/restaurant if they're eating a meal with adults (who are aged 18+), otherwise it's 18 - probably why we've got such a drink problem with teenagers over here :rolleyes:

I can't wait for May either, only a couple of months to go :dance3:

It's neat to hear about the different laws and cultures... I tend to think U.S. folks tend to forget "There's a Whole World out there!!!"

I'm excited that our group has folks from so many different places....

All - Invite folks on the dis when you find out they'll be here on our date!

Countdown to MAY!

Hi Tink,
I'll be there. Sounds like fun. Looking forward to meeting all of you.:)

In case of rain the Belleview Room has a bar and an outside balcony with tables and chairs. The Belleview Room is where we had our very first DIS meet a looong time ago.

Glad To Have you Join us Deb! :goodvibes

I had never heard of the Belle Vue Room...so I looked it up on allearsnet.com.... Apparently it's the Resort Lounge for Boardwalk...:thumbsup2

I've never been to any Dismeets before...!!!

Sounds as though you've been to a few! Tell us about them ! :cool1:

Can't wait to meet you all,

Hugs,:hug:
Mary

Thanks Mary, Looking forward to meeting all of you. Meets are what you make them. Casual get togethers to organized events. Always fun to see DISers.

Time sure is flying by now. I'm putting together an itinerary for myself. This is so much fun going solo. I can do as I please and take pics all day if I want:banana:

Hello All -

Well - I'm REALLY getting excited myself! I think I'm going to bring some Mardi Gras Beads from Louisiana for everyone.....and maybe a few "surprise" treats....

I can't wait to hear about where you are all from...and what you do in your Spot on "Spaceship Earth" ! LOL!

Please invite folks that you think may join us...

Hugs,

Mary

Hello All -

Well - I'm REALLY getting excited myself! I think I'm going to bring some Mardi Gras Beads from Louisiana for everyone.....and maybe a few "surprise" treats....

I can't wait to hear about where you are all from...and what you do in your Spot on "Spaceship Earth" ! LOL!

Please invite folks that you think may join us...

Hugs,

Mary

I'd like to trade your Mardi Gras beads for my Aussie Pins...Can't wait :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter