• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

turn down the castle stay??

and those are reasons for you to stay in it, i on the other hand, have no interest in staying there.
im blown away by some of these responses. its strange that people get so personal about other peoples choices:confused3 . first im told i have a poor out look on life and now you say im selfish?
its just a hotel room. it doesnt interest me.
now if i got to leave the room at night and wander around alone in the world, that might be cool.
but to be locked in a room, thats creepy to me.

You're not slefish, nor do you have a poor outlook on life. You just don't want to stay in the castle. I agree that it might be a little "creepy" to be in a room in the castle and have to stay there. I like knowing I can leave somewhere on my own should I desire. I am a little claustrophobic, so it might feel strange to me. But I think I would give it a go just because its something so different. But the chance of me winning is about the same as my chance of getting hit by lightning, so why speculate.

and those are reasons for you to stay in it, i on the other hand, have no interest in staying there.
im blown away by some of these responses. its strange that people get so personal about other peoples choices:confused3 . first im told i have a poor out look on life and now you say im selfish?
its just a hotel room. it doesnt interest me.
now if i got to leave the room at night and wander around alone in the world, that might be cool.
but to be locked in a room, thats creepy to me.

I'm definitely NOT calling you selfish! :laughing: I was just saying that if I were a parent and the reason for turning down the prize was that there wouldn't be enough room for all of us I would happily back down and stay in the regular hotel room so that my kids could enjoy the experience bc if I said No we can't accept this because there is 7 of us I'd feel bad/guilty/selfish for denying my children such a cool experience.

I'm definitely not personally attacking you and it's totally cool with me if you don't want to stay there! I don't think you read my post very carefully and thats cool bc I tend to just scan things too. But you started this thread to ask for opinions about if anyone would turn this down and anytime anyone said No! or gave you a legitimate response as to why some of your reasoning for not wanting to stay was actually irrelevant bc Disney takes those things into account you freaked out saying people were personally attacking your choices/prefrences! No, we're just answering your question and explaining WHY we feel it actually IS a once-in-a-lifetime experience and why WE would want to stay there and how WE would make it work for our families. If you just wanted to hear your own opinion why didn't you immediately lock the thread after you had posted to begin with? :goodvibes

I'm definitely NOT calling you selfish! :laughing: I was just saying that if I were a parent and the reason for turning down the prize was that there wouldn't be enough room for all of us I would happily back down and stay in the regular hotel room so that my kids could enjoy the experience bc if I said No we can't accept this because there is 7 of us I'd feel bad/guilty/selfish for denying my children such a cool experience.

I'm definitely not personally attacking you and it's totally cool with me if you don't want to stay there! I don't think you read my post very carefully and thats cool bc I tend to just scan things too. But you started this thread to ask for opinions about if anyone would turn this down and anytime anyone said No! or gave you a legitimate response as to why some of your reasoning for not wanting to stay was actually irrelevant bc Disney takes those things into account you freaked out saying people were personally attacking your choices/prefrences! No, we're just answering your question and explaining WHY we feel it actually IS a once-in-a-lifetime experience and why WE would want to stay there and how WE would make it work for our families. If you just wanted to hear your own opinion why didn't you immediately lock the thread after you had posted to begin with? :goodvibes

i guess i missed the part where i asked anyones opinion on my choice to not want to stay there:confused3

i guess i missed the part where i asked anyones opinion on my choice to not want to stay there:confused3

This is a discussion board. Opening a thread on a discussion board is ASKING for other people's opinions on the topic. But you're right. What you actually ASKED was...

[QOUTE=imthatgirl;] suppose i visited MK for my first 2 days and won this on my 3rd day that i planned to spend the entire day at world showcase, well what would i do then? and doesnt it seem like such a hassle to get your stuff together for one night?
or what if i won it on my last day there and had a plane to catch?
[/QOUTE]

and also...

[QOUTE=imthatgirl;] not if you were going to universal for the day. or if you had planned to spend the day at WS. what is your vip tour guide going to do with you at WS? walk with you? [/QOUTE]

And then when people answered these theoreticals for you by explaining how Disney handles these situations and how people would personally handle them you just snapped at them and got annoyed and said that they were offended by your personal preferences!

But back on topic so you don't want to stay at the castle bc it's not your thing. Maybe if you DID win that and said you didn't want it they'd let you switch it for something else like a dream fast pass or free ice cream? I don't know if you're allowed to "exchange" dreams...does anyone know?? Also, I'm curious, if you were at Disneyland and won the night in Walt's personal apartment would you stay there?
:hippie:

I would stay! I was ready to change my airline tickets last week, just in case I won on my last day there! I figured if I couldn't afford that I would take the bus home. It's always fun to dream, especially when you are in Disney!
Last week we were visiting with a Dream Team member at AK. I asked if he ever saw someone turn the Castle stay down. He said a lady turned it down because she already had reservations to eat at Steak and Ale! We were shocked!!!

Last week we atually came across two different sets of Castle Stay Prize winners....

One boy and his mom were dropped off by limo at the Fantasia Mini-Golf Course when we were there. We heard the driver say "see you at the elevator!" and we figured who they were -then talked to them. Yes, they'd won.

Another family was being led onto MS - had won. They were being led right up front and were cheering - and all the CMs were cheering for them as they went - and taking photos with them. They were having a REALLY great time. They got to go into the mission control room that is behind the glass at MS as you wait in the line- and the got to sit in the mission control room seats and play with the buttons, etc. We overheard a CM say that they were Castle winners. So, not only do you get to go to the front of the lines on the rides, you get to go where other people cannot go.

I'd take it....and I am not that much of a Disney fan.

This is a discussion board. Opening a thread on a discussion board is ASKING for other people's opinions on the topic. But you're right. What you actually ASKED was...

[QOUTE=imthatgirl;] suppose i visited MK for my first 2 days and won this on my 3rd day that i planned to spend the entire day at world showcase, well what would i do then? and doesnt it seem like such a hassle to get your stuff together for one night?
or what if i won it on my last day there and had a plane to catch?
[/QOUTE]

and also...

[QOUTE=imthatgirl;] not if you were going to universal for the day. or if you had planned to spend the day at WS. what is your vip tour guide going to do with you at WS? walk with you? [/QOUTE]

And then when people answered these theoreticals for you by explaining how Disney handles these situations and how people would personally handle them you just snapped at them and got annoyed and said that they were offended by your personal preferences!

But back on topic so you don't want to stay at the castle bc it's not your thing. Maybe if you DID win that and said you didn't want it they'd let you switch it for something else like a dream fast pass or free ice cream? I don't know if you're allowed to "exchange" dreams...does anyone know?? Also, I'm curious, if you were at Disneyland and won the night in Walt's personal apartment would you stay there?
:hippie:

boy, you seem to have a real problem, i dont get it. i never asked anyones opinion on my opinion of not wanting to stay. i asked what do they do if you dont want to stay, do they give it to someone else? is what i was asking. to be called selfish and told i have a poor outlook on life, oh and someone said i wasnt a true disney fan, because i have a different opinion than you is insane and yes you did say i would be being selfish "I think, as an adult, it would be really selfish to say to the kids, "Well theres 7 of us and two adults and since one of the adults would have to go to the regular hotel room none of us can enjoy all of this! Sorry!" i have every right to open a discussion on a board and expect to not be called names. im an adult.
i didnt snap at anyone, i just reiterated the point, that i still,no matter what the circumstance, have no interest in staying there.
and i would never go to disneyland, but i dont get your point anyway.

I know I've replied to this before, but I would love to win it-not so sure of doing any of the behind the scenes type stuff-to me that would just spoil the magic!

I would love to win the castle stay! :love: We would do whatever necessary (miss school, work, etc.) to make this work!:cloud9:

ARE YOU CRAZY? I would never, ever turn down the Castle Suite. The thought never even crossed my mind.

aloha! i'm new to the board, thrilled to have found you! coming from hawaii, this is a dream sent directly from heaven. we've been to disneyland many, many times and i went to DW in 1994 before kids. now with 4, ages 10-13, i can barely sleep with all the excitement! btw, the kids don't even know we're going, they think we are visiting family in california..heehee sneaky! surely i couldn't stand all 6 of us sleep deprived. i myself would take whatever that was given and make it work. i doubt this trip will come again unless i start a "help us get back to WDW fund" as you can only imagine the small (cough, choke) investment we are making. thanks for all the info! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

boy, you seem to have a real problem, i dont get it. i never asked anyones opinion on my opinion of not wanting to stay. i asked what do they do if you dont want to stay, do they give it to someone else? is what i was asking. to be called selfish and told i have a poor outlook on life, oh and someone said i wasnt a true disney fan, because i have a different opinion than you is insane and yes you did say i would be being selfish "I think, as an adult, it would be really selfish to say to the kids, "Well theres 7 of us and two adults and since one of the adults would have to go to the regular hotel room none of us can enjoy all of this! Sorry!" i have every right to open a discussion on a board and expect to not be called names. im an adult.
i didnt snap at anyone, i just reiterated the point, that i still,no matter what the circumstance, have no interest in staying there.
and i would never go to disneyland, but i dont get your point anyway.

for me as an adult with kids i would personally feel selfish telling them that they couldn't stay. I was not saying that other adults who turn it down for that reason are selfish. I was explaining how I would personally feel in that situation with my kids. And no you didn't reiterate the point that no matter what you had no interest in staying there. you said what if this and what if that as I pointed out to you before and people told you what would happen. and all of your posts other than those two were complaining that people took your preferences too personally. It is painfully obvious that you don't get my points no matter how much I try to explain so never mind.

Why would you never go to Disneyland?

for me as an adult with kids i would personally feel selfish telling them that they couldn't stay. I was not saying that other adults who turn it down for that reason are selfish. I was explaining how I would personally feel in that situation with my kids. And no you didn't reiterate the point that no matter what you had no interest in staying there. you said what if this and what if that as I pointed out to you before and people told you what would happen. and all of your posts other than those two were complaining that people took your preferences too personally. It is painfully obvious that you don't get my points no matter how much I try to explain so never mind.

Why would you never go to Disneyland?

no youre right i dont get what your problem is.

i have no interest in going to DL, would you like to harrass me about that as well?

I don't have a problem and I'm not harassing you!

I thought I had originally been responding to the question if I ever won would I turn it down. My answer was no I wouldn't. For people that would because of reasons A.B.C. I explained what Disney would do for those people and how I would personally react/handle it if I were to win under those circumstances. I also explained that I could see certain situations where turning it down DOES make sense and is understandable in my first post.

You then ignored everything I had said in my post except to insist that I had called you selfish. I explained that I was just speaking about what I would personally do in that situation and asked why you were snapping at people who offered a different opinion than yours.

You then said you didn't recall asking for anyone else's opinions. I explained that since this is a discussion board opening a discussion thread is asking for other people to share their opinions with you. I then tried to get back on topic and be friendly and ask you what you'd ask for instead of the castle and wondered if they would give it to you and, trying to be friendly, asked if you would be more interested in staying in Walt's apartment in Disneyland if you ever went there. I was trying to be friendly and get back on topic. I even used the peace sign smiley!

You chose to accuse me of having a "problem". Ignored all the friendliness and my explanations and then said again that I had called you selfish. You said you had a right to open a thread and not be called names. I again repeated that I had not called you selfish and that I was speaking about how I would personally feel in that specific situation. I ignored the fact that you asked not to be called names, after you had accused me of having a problem.

I THEN attempted to be friendly AGAIN and get the topic back on track by trying to continue the Disneyland question (since Walt's apartment at DL is the same prize as the stay in the castle really).

You AGAIN said I had a problem. And then instead of being friendly and talking about Disneyland you chose to accuse me of harassing you.

So I don't know how to have a conversation with you apparently but
I'd like to stay overnight on the Swiss Family TreeHouse. I think that should have been a dream. I'd prefer that over the castle actually. I think that would be super cool.

The first one kinda sets up the one with the cats. Definitely try it later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter