UK-US travel, 2021/2022

I expect that most rules will get dropped once we come out of winter and rates drop right down.
I think your risk is actually that if we get another tricksy variant going into next winter (like Omicron this year) restrictions might be reappearing by December.
Hopefully the variants keep getting weaker!!

Quote from an article quoting Fauci - looks good news, especially as Florida is about the most relaxed state when it comes to Covid (less helpful for my New York leg of my summer trip!)

The U.S. has almost reached the end of the "full blown" pandemic and could reach immunity levels sufficient to limit the spread of the virus soon, Dr. Anthony Fauci says.
Local health agencies should feel comfortable ending mask mandates when that happens, the White House's top public health adviser said. He said such restrictions could pass into history this year.
"As we get out of the full-blown pandemic phase of COVID-19, which we are certainly heading out of, these decisions will increasingly be made on a local level rather than centrally decided or mandated," Fauci told The Financial Times. "There will also be more people making their own decisions on how they want to deal with the virus."
Some of that optimism has been fueled by the steady decline in daily U.S. infections. The U.S. is reporting fewer than 200,000 COVID-19 cases a day for the first time since Christmas, a USA TODAY analysis of Johns Hopkins University data shows. Case counts are now less than a quarter of the peak of the current, omicron surge.

WDW had dropped masks for fully vaccinated guests from 17th. You do still have to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status on enclosed transport such as the monorail, bus or skyliner.

The TSA mask mandate for wearing masks on transport is due to expire in March, so will be interesting to see if masks are dropped then on Disney transport and flights.

Do we know what the "current" rules are on children needing tests in the US once landed ?

We go in April, and neither of our kids (due to timing of having Covid and age) will be double jabbed by the time we fly

I know flying is not an issue (exemption as travelling with fully vaxxed adult) - but sure I read somewhere on requirement to have a test after landing within x days

Do we know what the "current" rules are on children needing tests in the US once landed ?

We go in April, and neither of our kids (due to timing of having Covid and age) will be double jabbed by the time we fly

I know flying is not an issue (exemption as travelling with fully vaxxed adult) - but sure I read somewhere on requirement to have a test after landing within x days

You sign the airline attestation form that you get your under 18s tested 3 to 5 days after arrival.

There is no official reporting system for the 3 to 5 days after arrival tests for under 18's.

It is your responsibility to do the 3 to 5 days after arrival tests for your under18's.

No one call or check that you have done the 3 to 5 days after arrival tests for under 18's. It is an honor system.

You sign the airline attestation form that you get your under 18s tested 3 to 5 days after arrival.

There is no official reporting system for the 3 to 5 days after arrival tests for under 18's.

It is your responsibility to do the 3 to 5 days after arrival tests for your under18's.

No one call or check that you have done the 3 to 5 days after arrival tests for under 18's. It is an honor system.

just to confirm is it not 2-18

we are going with our 13 month old twins in May and don’t think they need to do anything

I can confirm we were not asked at immigration on the way in about having made arrangements to test DD 3 - 5 days after arrival, nor did anyone check whilst we were there, and again we were not asked when all our documents were being checked when we arrived at MCO to fly home.
It really it an honour based system.

Does anyone know when this review in March is meant to be, hopefully they get rid of the tests to get in

Hi all, new to Disboards. We travel to Florida in March and apologies if this has been answered a million times already, what are the current rules on testing. I know we have to test before travel (I have booked our fit to fly tests for the morning of travel at Heathrow) but not sure what the rules are whilst we are out there. Also apart from ESTAs and Passenger Locator Forms are there any forms I should be aware of. We have been to WDW many times but not since 2020! Thank you so much

Hi all, new to Disboards. We travel to Florida in March and apologies if this has been answered a million times already, what are the current rules on testing. I know we have to test before travel (I have booked our fit to fly tests for the morning of travel at Heathrow) but not sure what the rules are whilst we are out there. Also apart from ESTAs and Passenger Locator Forms are there any forms I should be aware of. We have been to WDW many times but not since 2020! Thank you so much

Yes at this time its just a test to enter the US if you are fully vaccinated. If travelling with children aged 2 and over who are not fully vaccinated you agree on your attestation form to test 3 - 5 days after arrival. This is an honour based system, and I've not read of it being checked by anyone ( as was the case for us in December)
You will need your negative test result certificate and your proof of vaccination that you can download from the nhs app.

I did upload our covid pass, attestation form and negative test certificates to fly ready but also had paper copies just in case, as I always do with our ESTA's.

UK govt is now planning an autumn booster/4th dose for normal adults (vulnerable get a different route), so it's likely other Western countries will do similar.
I expect that will end up being an entry requirement for some places, but do we think that by then vaccination won't be a requirement at all for visitors to the USA?
(My trip is October, so I might need to ensure I get d4 before then.)

Looks like my hope for prerequisite testing to be dropped before my late April trip is a bit of a pipe dream! A little gutted as the aniexty about testing positive (even though all adults jabbed and had over Christmas) is really dampening my excitement!
does anyoneknow if the “day before” means literally the preceding 24 hours eg I’m flying at about midday Sunday. I was hoping to just get up and get tests as soon as they open on Saturday I don’t think I canstand waiting til lunchtime I will be unbearable 😂

does anyoneknow if the “day before” means literally the preceding 24 hours eg I’m flying at about midday Sunday. I was hoping to just get up and get tests as soon as they open on Saturday I don’t think I canstand waiting til lunchtime I will be unbearable 😂

See the clarification under the Timing Requirements FAQ

"The 1-day period is 1 day before the flight’s departure. The Order uses a 1-day time frame instead of 24 hours to provide more flexibility to the air passenger and aircraft operator. By using a 1-day window, test acceptability does not depend on the time of the flight or the time of day that the test sample was taken.
For example, if your flight is at 1pm on a Friday, you could board with a negative test that was taken any time on the prior Thursday."

Does anyone think the pre tests might go in mid April at next review
It's possible, but given that many UK medics are against the UK taking big strides I suspect the US administration may be more cautious if Fauci, et al say to hold off.

For lifting those tests soon: BA.2 is already extant in the USA, so little point in worrying about 'us' bringing it in.
Against lifting soon: If BA.2 is causing the US trouble it might be politically tricky to be seen to be easing such restrictions, regardless of the logic or science.

Just seen that today (Tuesday) the US Senate has voted significantly (57-40 ... 8 democrats along with most republicans) to abolish the federal mask mandates.
It will almost certainly be vetoed by Biden, but it does show there is increasing pressure to lift restrictions.
Maybe masks and entry testing could be gone by mid-April.

Preying that testing is not required for entry by the time of august. I guess if they do that then, they may require kids to be vaccinated too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter