• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ulu Cafe, Aulani

I would be sure to ask and confirm when you guys are there because you do have a little mini kitchen... really the only appliance you don't have in the studio is an oven & dishwasher, but I cant imagine you need an oven for the meal?

We meant to try it one night while there but its one of the things on our list that we didn't get to....darn I guess we will have to go back!:thumbsup2

I read that as an explanation of why it is limited to the DVC rooms and why it isn't available for the hotel side guests. ie, kitchen/kitchenette

I'm trying to figure out WHY they need a kitchen. The kitchenette will only offer a frig & microwave….no stove so what could the meal possibly need a kitchen for (as room service)? Wouldn't you think it would be delivered ready to eat??:confused3

I'm trying to figure out WHY they need a kitchen. The kitchenette will only offer a frig & microwave&.no stove so what could the meal possibly need a kitchen for (as room service)? Wouldn't you think it would be delivered ready to eat??:confused3

Sorry - I wasn't clear about how I was reading it although there may be a reason why a kitchen is needed. All the flatware and plateware - maybe they just bring the food for the family dinners and you provide the plates from your villa?

But my first thought was that restricting it stating that you need a kitchen is simply a way to say to a hotel side guest that want it that they are not eligible to order since their room doesn't have a kitchen. Much nicer than saying that that they can't order because they are paying cash and staying in a hotel room. That it's meant to be an amenity for DVC guests only. That's why I believe kitchen is interchangeable with kitchenette.

I'm trying to figure out WHY they need a kitchen. The kitchenette will only offer a frig & microwave….no stove so what could the meal possibly need a kitchen for (as room service)? Wouldn't you think it would be delivered ready to eat??:confused3

I think KAT4DISNEY is probably right.... they most likely don't provide plates and utensils with the meal and thus folks with regular hotel rooms would not be able to dish up the food. I would think you could make it work with the studio plates and utensils.

I think KAT4DISNEY is probably right.... they most likely don't provide plates and utensils with the meal and thus folks with regular hotel rooms would not be able to dish up the food. I would think you could make it work with the studio plates and utensils.

I was planning to pick up some spare plates & stuff at Target or something too…and was debating about if I should pack a sharp knife. One of the things I LOVE about breakfast in Hawaii is all the fresh fruit they serve at the breakfasts - but I was figuring we will eat our breakfasts "in" most mornings to save a few bucks…of course who can cut anything besides the top off of a strawberry with a plastic knife.:rotfl: I have a set of 3 sharp knives in my OL in FL…don't usually NEED them but once we went for DS's birthday and I ordered a birthday cake from someplace and had it delivered so I needed the BIG knife to cut the cake as it was a layer cake.

I was planning to pick up some spare plates & stuff at Target or something too&and was debating about if I should pack a sharp knife. One of the things I LOVE about breakfast in Hawaii is all the fresh fruit they serve at the breakfasts - but I was figuring we will eat our breakfasts "in" most mornings to save a few bucks&of course who can cut anything besides the top off of a strawberry with a plastic knife.:rotfl:

:confused3 Housekeeping will give you more plates if you need them. And they also should get you a sharp knife if requested.

:confused3 Housekeeping will give you more plates if you need them. And they also should get you a sharp knife if requested.

I have never once requested additional paper goods from Housekeeping (unless we were shorted to start with) as I figured that stuff probably affects our overall DVC dues….I keep it all in our OL….

I have never once requested additional paper goods from Housekeeping (unless we were shorted to start with) as I figured that stuff probably affects our overall DVC dues&.I keep it all in our OL&.

Oh my - As you wish.

However paper plates and utensils are provided in the studios. It's not something that is limited or they would also offer to restock for a fee.

They could choose to stock the studios with real plates and silverware but they make the choice to use paper. I'd estimate that 3/4 of the times we stay in a studio we don't use any.

You can also request to have "real" dishes and silverware when staying in a studio. We have asked for bowls and spoons for cereal in the past and they were happy to fill our request. This was at Kidani! but I would assume this would be the case DVC wide.

I think on that very long dining while at Aulani thread that's around here, there was a long discussion awhile back about those family dinners in the room!

You can also request to have "real" dishes and silverware when staying in a studio. We have asked for bowls and spoons for cereal in the past and they were happy to fill our request. This was at Kidani! but I would assume this would be the case DVC wide.

We requested wine glasses from housekeeping and a sharp knife to cut cheese . We asked while housekeeping was at the supply closet and they happily complied . This was at vero beach but plan to do the same at aulani

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter