*Un*Official Dis Family Reunion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to wonder if this event will actually happen. Hope we hear more about it soon. I'm seriously considering canceling my DVC booking at BLT so I don't windup with points in a holding account.
I believe DVC has been waiving the holding period if canceling under 30 days out and returning borrowed points to the use year borrowed from.

I believe DVC has been waiving the holding period if canceling under 30 days out and returning borrowed points to the use year borrowed from.
Thanks. I'll have to check on that.

I'm starting to wonder if this event will actually happen.
I don't see how they can possibly do it. It would be outrageously irresponsible. Things would have to change dramatically in the next few weeks and there's absolutely no sign of that happening.

If we get our money back, great. If not, I guess we made a very generous donation to GKTW.

Reactions: GAN
Yeah, I hear ya. I was waiting till we were well into the New Year. I figure GKtW were busy with Night of a Million Lights fundraiser to focus on this one-off event in March. I agree it would be quite helpful to have an update from GKtW regardless of outcome.
(i.e;
- "We understand there is concern about pandemic effects, and we are evaluating the guest experience. We hope to have clarity by ___ date."
OR
-"We are excited to welcome you to the this event regardless of rain, sleet, snow or disease transmission rates."
OR
- "At this time, we plan to hold the event as planned unless the state/county prohibits gatherings."
OR
-"We're delighted to bring the Magic of DIS Family to your home by going virtual! (Except for the event at Galaxy's Edge, because the Force is Strong with this park remaining quite operational by the time our friends arrive!)"

So many ways to address this with timely communication.... when availability allows, of course.

I'm starting to wonder if this event will actually happen. Hope we hear more about it soon. I'm seriously considering canceling my DVC booking at BLT so I don't windup with points in a holding account.
We have a whole family vacation scheduled due to this event, where the "kids" and their significant others are joining me the week prior, and then I'm staying on for the event. Plane tix have been purchased and AirBnB reserved. I'll be out some $ if the event cancels, or we might go ahead with our family vacation and I'll cut my own time there short. If they postpone the event it will cost even more for me to fly back and stay some place.

Yeah, I hear ya. I was waiting till we were well into the New Year. I figure GKtW were busy with Night of a Million Lights fundraiser to focus on this one-off event in March. I agree it would be quite helpful to have an update from GKtW regardless of outcome.
(i.e;
- "We understand there is concern about pandemic effects, and we are evaluating the guest experience. We hope to have clarity by ___ date."
OR
-"We are excited to welcome you to the this event regardless of rain, sleet, snow or disease transmission rates."
OR
- "At this time, we plan to hold the event as planned unless the state/county prohibits gatherings."
OR
-"We're delighted to bring the Magic of DIS Family to your home by going virtual! (Except for the event at Galaxy's Edge, because the Force is Strong with this park remaining quite operational by the time our friends arrive!)"

So many ways to address this with timely communication.... when availability allows, of course.

Yes I thought it was ironic Pete was ranting about DCL, who he thinks needs to provide an update to guests booked in March. I don’t think anyone is under any delusion DCL is going soon.

But you guys are in a much bigger unknown where it could go a lot of different ways. I hope in light of the uncertainty there will be updates and options presented to you and soon.

Last edited:
glad they decided now and give people time to adjust/react

That is literally like the 2nd day of school for my kids and we are already planning to be there for the actual 50th, so we definitely won't be able to make this new time

Hopefully things are a bit more normal by then!

I have managed to change my holiday booking phew only cost 200 quid so not too bad.

also by September I should have had my vaccine so will be already to party safely.

hopefully the delay will help and we can plan some more unofficial events as the Covid risk should be lessened.

Last edited:
Yes the new dates strike me as odd. I think it's hard on families and that's way close to the 50th, only leaving about 18 days between travel. The kind of hardcore Disney nerd you are targeting for the one, is the same that wants to be there in Oct. I think dates in early Dec would make more sense, or later half of Sept allowing people to combine trips, but I am sure there are availability issues on convention space and rooms that make it unrealistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter