Universal guide book

Forgot to post it back a while ago, but I got my book!!!! :cool1:

And I'm lovin it :)

I'm jealous - I want one before our October trip but I don't think there is much chance of getting it in the UK before then

I just started to read this thread on a whim because Amazon was offering the 2010 version at inflated prices and wasn't supposed to be out until after November. The DIS folks always know what is going on and I was happy to confirm that the link posted in this thread was most helpful. Just order my 2011 copy and hope I can get it read before my November trip! Thanks for the information.

Amazon doesn't reveal its numbers, but the best estimate I've been able to find on the number of Kindles out there is 1.3 million. So publishing on Kindle is sorta like saying, "I'll only sell my book in San Diego (pop. 1.3 million). Everyone else is out of luck."

(BTW, I've never seen anyone wandering through any theme park with a Kindle. Has anyone else?)

Well no one's saying to ONLY sell it as an ebook...

I don't take my guidebooks (yours is the first themepark guide I have *ever* actually purchased, I get them from the library instead) to the themeparks anyway!

Ah, the e-book revolution! This is the second one I've lived through and I'm still in the hole.

Amazon doesn't reveal its numbers, but the best estimate I've been able to find on the number of Kindles out there is 1.3 million. So publishing on Kindle is sorta like saying, "I'll only sell my book in San Diego (pop. 1.3 million). Everyone else is out of luck."

Actually, my other book, "SeaWorld, Discovery Cove & Aquatica" is available on Kindle and so far has earned only a tiny fraction of the cost of conversion.

(BTW, I've never seen anyone wandering through any theme park with a Kindle. Has anyone else?)

But don't despair, I am working on a Universal-related Kindle book, although not a Kindle version of the entire "Universal Orlando 2011."

I'll let the folks on this board be the first to know when it's ready!

Good Evening :goodvibes

I tried ordering your book with the 1/2 price special..... I managed to get everything through to my paypal account, but I noticed that there is no amount for shipping (I was under the impression free shipping is only to US, and I am ordering from Canada)..... The total paypal is trying to take is approximately $7 to $8.00..... which is leaving off the shipping costs. I am wondering whether or not to proceed with ordering through this site, or should I wait for the book to come to a Canadian bookstore??? I would love to have a early copy of your book, but am confused as to how to order (internationally).
If you could please advise, I would be very grateful!
Thank you,
Marie

Good Evening :goodvibes

I tried ordering your book with the 1/2 price special..... I managed to get everything through to my paypal account, but I noticed that there is no amount for shipping (I was under the impression free shipping is only to US, and I am ordering from Canada)..... The total paypal is trying to take is approximately $7 to $8.00..... which is leaving off the shipping costs. I am wondering whether or not to proceed with ordering through this site, or should I wait for the book to come to a Canadian bookstore??? I would love to have a early copy of your book, but am confused as to how to order (internationally).
If you could please advise, I would be very grateful!
Thank you,
Marie

The dirty little secret is that we honor the free shipping to Canada, even though it costs us more.

Now if you order from elsewhere (the UK for example), we contact you and break the bad news about how much extra the shipping will cost.

Hi Kelly. We're using your 2010 guide for our family's first trip to Universal Orlando and it has been very helpful. I really like the "Universal Dining at a Glance" in Chapter 7. Thanks for the guide!

The dirty little secret is that we honor the free shipping to Canada, even though it costs us more.

Now if you order from elsewhere (the UK for example), we contact you and break the bad news about how much extra the shipping will cost.

Kelly - how much is the extra shipping to the UK? I would kill for a copy of this book before our upcoming trip. I know I could have it shipped to the resort but it would be nice to have it to help pass the time on the looooong flight.

:goodvibes Thank you, thank you, thank you for that little secret! :thumbsup2 book is ordered and on it's way! I am excited to curl up and read this new one....especially with all the WWOHP info. Thanks again for your quick response

~ Marie :flower3:

Man, this is awesome news! I was bummed when I saw Amazon's available date as sometime in November. I just got KM's SeaWorld book and I'm halfway through it.

Gonna order this puppy tonight!

I received mine very quickly. It's been a really great tool. Can't wait to put the information to work.

I guess I should have been following this thread more closely. Great to hear the 2011 copy is now out! I've just ordered it! I know what I'll be reading betwen now and my trip :)

2011 copy and seaworld just ordered. i think i have an addiction. we havent gone on our dec trip and i already have to be planning the next one.
:rotfl:

kate
thanks for the great book advice

I"m really looking foward to the 2011 Universal book. While I'm waiting for it to arrive, I also went to Amazon and bought the SeaWorld/Discovery Cove book. We'll also be there in December and I can always use new tips!

Kelly is Super Fast! I ordered over the weekend and my book arrived yesterday!

Kelly - how much is the extra shipping to the UK? I would kill for a copy of this book before our upcoming trip. I know I could have it shipped to the resort but it would be nice to have it to help pass the time on the looooong flight.

$10.56 for shipping to the UK

i hope mine comes soon, i ordered yesterday, but havnt received a conformation email or anything..:confused3

I ordered mine August 27 and got an email for the accepted order. But I don't have my book yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter