"Unleash the Villains" mayhem - Disney Parks Blog up if you want to comment

1.5 hours to get from AKL to POLY. We were an hour late for our 'Ohana rezzie, but got to see HalloWishes from inside. Then saw the villains fireworks out the bus window on the way back to AKL. Would still rather be here than at work!!! :thumbsup2

I will add an even bigger NO!!!! To this.
I stay on property every trip but that would have been grossly unfair!
Can not even see why you would think that would even be ok to exclude all those other people who don't stay onsite "ENTITLED MUCH" ?? Comes to mind!

without a doubt Disney resort guests should be ENTILTED MUCH>>>>>thank you..ENTILTED MUCH WOULD BE IF I SAID IT SHOULD BE ONLY FOR DELUXE OR VILLA GUESTS....:thumbsup2

karmutt said:
Yeah, one of the meetup.com groups has a regular Friday "get drunk somewhere at Disney World" meet. This week, it was meant to be at this event.

That reminds me of something someone we met said. There were apparently small tailgating parties going on in lot. You know, gotta get your drink on for cheap before going in for $11 drinks

After an hour in traffic via Pop bus, I got there and hopped on another bus to get the heck out of there. Then I rode another bus (via Saratoga Springs) for an hour before FINALLY getting to DTD. Very disappointed in the chaos, especially the traffic. I heard someone say Disney busses should have an internal route, that they shouldn't have to drive on public roads. I agree, especially after tonight!! Bummed I didn't get to see villains but after everything I read on here I'm glad I didn't waste all that time in the crowded park...instead I guess I wasted it on busses :( This deserves a drink!!!

without a doubt Disney resort guests should be ENTILTED MUCH>>>>>thank you..ENTILTED MUCH WOULD BE IF I SAID IT SHOULD BE ONLY FOR DELUXE OR VILLA GUESTS....:thumbsup2

I'm guessing there are just a few annual passholders that would take issue with your stance.

My hope would be to have them incorporate something like this into the pre-existing Halloween party, at least on a few nights. It would suck to have them close another park early at the same time of year. I'm sure some of the problem with tonight was that vacationers were looking for someplace else to go, and HS was the park of choice, since it was the only place open.

There is a similar hard-ticket event after the Tower of Terror 10-Miler - The Disney Villains Hollywood Bash. It's from 10pm - 4am on October 5th this year. I'm a volunteer for the race, so I'll get to join after I finish my shift (at 2:30am).

I'm running the ToT 10 miler and all runners get free admission to the bash but we had to buy tickets for family members.After running for 2 hours from 10:15 to around 12:15 am in the likely humid 80 degree weather,I'm going to have to take a quick sink bath in a bathroom if I'm going to enjoy the bash and get some rides in.

This was the biggest cluster%$#@ I have ever experienced and I've been to a couple Metallica concerts. We didn't even experience the traffic problems, we parked at DHS early and went to have dinner at Epcot, then walked back. The Park was packed wall to wall, CM's were totally clueless and trying desperately to control crowds. They closed off half the park and shut down rides for the fireworks thus pushing a HUGE crowd into an even smaller area. I saw three people carried away in ambulances. The fireworks were great but if they were better than HalloWishes it wasn't by much (of course I watched them from outside the park because I couldn't take the crowds.) DD was getting scared, not of the Villains THE CROWD. The freaks were definitely out.

Disney obviously was woefully unprepared and without excuse. With Star Wars Weekends they have previous experience handling such crowds at DHS and can do it, they just dropped the ball. Great idea, great fireworks, poor execution. Believe me, it was BAD! We even left an unused TSMM FP because we had to leave. DD was even talking about not coming back on the way out, she was really shaken and she's 14, not a small child.

That reminds me of something someone we met said. There were apparently small tailgating parties going on in lot. You know, gotta get your drink on for cheap before going in for $11 drinks

I can tell you I saw numerous parking spots filled with the debris from such "events". Another fail on Disney's part insufficient security in the lots to control that behavior.

The crowds were most likely heavily influenced by AP holders. I know at least 3 meetup.com groups had plans to get together there. One group that usually gets 5-10 people at a park meetup had 30+ people rsvp for this (including some CM's). I also have friends going outside of those groups.

I know a lot of CMs from Epcot and MK were heading to the Studios for this event.

We drove up from West Palm Beach after work for this event. Totally dissapointed! After arriving in the World at 9pm, sitting in traffic for an hour, and being told to go park at Epcot we just gave up and went to our hotel. We figured by the time we actually got into the park the event would basically be over. :(

It was insane. After the fireworks 65 minute wait for ToT. And we had absolutely terrible service at the Tune Inn lounge. Supposedly management knows about the problems. Not sure why they aren't fixing it?

so out of this great idea that turned into what seems to be the worst mess.(mabey the worst yet).....please tell me someone had fun or got the pics you wanted......:thumbsup2:cool1:

"FYI - All pins and nearly all collectables for this event were sold out this morning by 10am."

Read this on FB pertaining to DHS. :sad2:

Why couldn't they have this event LONGER than ONE EVENING?

There wasn't any pins. I asked this morning at 9:00. They had special hats/headbands and A shirt. That's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter