UPDATE: Canadian Access to My Disney Experience

If they were shipped to your resort in Canada then why would there be grey bands waiting for you when you got there? Doesn't sound right to me.

The grey bands are waiting for everyone at the test resorts if magic bands were not customized ahead of time.

The grey bands are waiting for everyone at the test resorts if magic bands were not customized ahead of time.

Sorry my post should have said "home". So they are saying that she customized them, and that they shipped them to her home. So there shouldn't have been any waiting if that we're true.

Sorry my post should have said "home". So they are saying that she customized them, and that they shipped them to her home. So there shouldn't have been any waiting if that we're true.

Exactly. And so far we haven't heard of any Canadians getting their bands shipped to their home in Canada so I'll be curious to see if this changes. I've customized my bands (still 33 days out, so customization is still open for 3 more days, then if I were in the US they would ship them), and I EXPECT my customized bands to be waiting for me at POP on Sept 25th but if Disney is messing up and not getting people their customized bands, that would be a huge bummer. Me and DD3 are excited to get our colours and names just like we wanted them!

Exactly. And so far we haven't heard of any Canadians getting their bands shipped to their home in Canada so I'll be curious to see if this changes. I've customized my bands (still 33 days out, so customization is still open for 3 more days, then if I were in the US they would ship them), and I EXPECT my customized bands to be waiting for me at POP on Sept 25th but if Disney is messing up and not getting people their customized bands, that would be a huge bummer. Me and DD3 are excited to get our colours and names just like we wanted them!

I think this probably falls under the "Well it will be interesting to see how this plays out" scenario. There's a lot of those these days. Only it's only "interesting" when it's not about your own trip. When it's impacting our trips..it's annoying.:headache:
I am currently in the "wait and see" camp to see what the heck I am going to do about the 2 day tickets I have. I was going to upgrade them when I got there, but if I do that now, I can only book 2 days of fastpass plus. If I choose to just add a length of stay ticket now, then I lose the $700 I already invested in these tickets.:headache:

Sorry to whine. I can just relate.. all these unknowns are making the planning nowhere near as fun as it should be.

I think Disney said from the very beginning that Magic Bands will only be shipped to US addresses. Everyone else will be able to customize them and they will be sent to the resort.

Our personalized bands (6 of them for our family) were waiting for us when we checked in on August 18th. Wore it home on the plane yesterday even though we'd left Disney. Missing it today for sure.

Our personalized bands (6 of them for our family) were waiting for us when we checked in on August 18th. Wore it home on the plane yesterday even though we'd left Disney. Missing it today for sure.

Did you leave your address as your Canadian address or did you change it to the resort address?

I also wore my MagicBand home on the plane! I never took it off during our entire trip. I too miss wearing my band... it became a part of me.

Our customized magic bands were waiting at our resort. we had no problems. We were at Pop from August 25 to 30.

Did they tell you what happened? Everything we were told was that they would be waiting for us at the resort. I haven't heard of any Canadians getting theirs shipped. This worries me.

I dont see why anyone would use the resort address instead of their home address? When it asks you to put in your home address, you put your home address. I put my home address and my bands were shipped to Pop without any problems at all. The bands worked out beautifully! So much easier than the KTTW cards. But I didnt wear mine on the plane ride home. We took our bands off at soon as we left Disney! Lol.

Did you leave your address as your Canadian address or did you change it to the resort address?

My customized bands were waiting for us today when we arrived at Beach Club! They are great! Unbelievable technology!!

Exactly. And so far we haven't heard of any Canadians getting their bands shipped to their home in Canada so I'll be curious to see if this changes. I've customized my bands (still 33 days out, so customization is still open for 3 more days, then if I were in the US they would ship them), and I EXPECT my customized bands to be waiting for me at POP on Sept 25th...

Curious to see as well. We can customize our bands until Sept. 19th and then they'll "ship". Website mentions that the bands also serve as our Magical Express tickets so if they're not shipping bands to Canada they'd better be mailing us some tickets with our luggage tags!

Curious to see as well. We can customize our bands until Sept. 19th and then they'll "ship". Website mentions that the bands also serve as our Magical Express tickets so if they're not shipping bands to Canada they'd better be mailing us some tickets with our luggage tags!

Don't worry, they will send your Magical Express tickets to you. There are tons of people who have never even logged on to MDE. Those people won't be offered magicbands until they arrive at a test resort.

I dont see why anyone would use the resort address instead of their home address? When it asks you to put in your home address, you put your home address. I put my home address and my bands were shipped to Pop without any problems at all.

A lot of people have been saying that even though they customized their bands they still received the grey ones. To try to avoid this, some people are putting in their resort address to try and make sure the bands are shipped there.

A lot of people have been saying that even though they customized their bands they still received the grey ones. To try to avoid this, some people are putting in their resort address to try and make sure the bands are shipped there.

We customized last month and had pink bands waiting for us at Pop Century. The concern I have with people changing their address to the resort address is that if Disney is trying to mail you anything else (including things for this trip and possible future PINS) you are now risking not receiving these. To me it's not worth the risk.

For now it appears Canadians are automatically having their bands shipped to the resort without changing their address.

mcsubby said:

That's not necessary since their policy is to NOT ship to canadian addresses. They ship to resorts. They did with ours. Perhaps a few of those cases with grey bands at resorts were just bad luck.

We customized last month and had pink bands waiting for us at Pop Century. The concern I have with people changing their address to the resort address is that if Disney is trying to mail you anything else (including things for this trip and possible future PINS) you are now risking not receiving these. To me it's not worth the risk.

For now it appears Canadians are automatically having their bands shipped to the resort without changing their address.

The address you enter when you customize your bands is separate from the address on your profile so you would still receive mickey mail.

Okay...what do you mean they ship you tickets for magical express because we won't have the magic bands? I rec'd my yellow luggage tags and a booklet about magical express..are those the "tickets"??? First time for ME so I want to be on the right track here!

Okay...what do you mean they ship you tickets for magical express because we won't have the magic bands? I rec'd my yellow luggage tags and a booklet about magical express..are those the "tickets"??? First time for ME so I want to be on the right track here!

The yellow tags are so that disney will bring your checked luggage from the airport to your resort for you(unless you're fly from Canada, in that case they will not pick up your bags for you). The booklet you received has your ME tickets in it. They are the little perforated stubs with each persons name on them. Hope this helps!

The yellow tags are so that disney will bring your checked luggage from the airport to your resort for you(unless you're fly from Canada, in that case they will not pick up your bags for you). The booklet you received has your ME tickets in it. They are the little perforated stubs with each persons name on them. Hope this helps!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Now to clarify one more thing..we are flying from Canada.
Wpg-Chicago-Orlando
I had called ME to ask about our bags and was told my luggage would be handled/taken to the resort for me. A co-worker also had her luggage taken to the resort when flying from Canada.
I'm confused!!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Now to clarify one more thing..we are flying from Canada.
Wpg-Chicago-Orlando
I had called ME to ask about our bags and was told my luggage would be handled/taken to the resort for me. A co-worker also had her luggage taken to the resort when flying from Canada.
I'm confused!!

As far as I know they won't handle your bag if you are flying internationally, however it could depend on the airline you are using. In the booklet you received it lists the airlines that participate in the baggage transportation program. It also could have to do with the fact that you are flying through Chicago, which is domestic. Again, hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter