UPDATE: Canadian Access to My Disney Experience

I will let you know really late tomorrow when we check in to Conteporary! (.......actually it will be the early hours of Friday!)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you....it seems like a lot of us are checking in on the 18th.

Good Morning from the Contemporary resort...01:19 to be exact!! We got our customized Magic Bands at check in!!!

Just to let everyone know..... We had a great experience with the Magic bands. We added our FastPass+ rides on the fly Friday after entering MK. We chose our three rides and they were spaced out nicely during the day. ( Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan, Space Mountain and a Bonus FP for the new Little Mermaid attraction) It's really cool just to walk up to the FP entrance and have your band scanned by the very cool scanner!(Same for when you enter the Park) All the food service areas scan the bands as well.....sometimes it was tricky getting my arm/wrist aligned the right way to get the scanner to read it, but otherwise it's good. We will be back to EPCOT after our cruise....so now that we have our tickets for that day all lined up......we already have our FastPass+ times for 3 rides......Soarin' TestTrack and Mission Space!

Just to let everyone know..... We had a great experience with the Magic bands. We added our FastPass+ rides on the fly Friday after entering MK.

Sorry, I just have to clarify:confused3

Are Magic bands only available if you are staying at certain resorts right now?
I finally got My Disney Experience to work, (except it won't link my DVC account--have to call ), but it just says Magic Bands are
"being tested by a limited number of pre-selected Guests"
Any idea when they will roll it out for everyone?

I finally got My Disney Experience to work, (except it won't link my DVC account--have to call ), but it just says Magic Bands are

Yes it looks like only certain resort guests are being offered MB's. We just happened to luck out because we are presently staying at the Contemporary. I am not certain as to when everyone will get them.....I actually thought this was being rolled out slowly now.....but when I looked at other people in the parks yesterday, there were not a lot of people sporting the Magic Bands.
Hope that helps.

Yes it looks like only certain resort guests are being offered MB's. We just happened to luck out because we are presently staying at the Contemporary. I am not certain as to when everyone will get them.....I actually thought this was being rolled out slowly now.....but when I looked at other people in the parks yesterday, there were not a lot of people sporting the Magic Bands.
Hope that helps

Oh boooooo.... I hope they're rolled out by our end of October trip.....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3106339&page=95

If you follow this thread there is more information as it becomes available. Right now it appears they are adding more resorts to the testing list through mid October and there has been speculation that this is the beginning of the roll out. We will be there mid December. Of course this is only speculation on my part, but I can't even fathom them still being in a limited testing phase for the December/January holiday crowds.
It would give a hugely unfair advantage to testers (who are reportedly being able to use Fastpass+, their KTTW cards, EXPIRED KTTW cards, and AP's to pull multiple fastpasses. :rolleyes2).
This is a loophole I hope they fix quickly. I can't even imagine how awful it would be with several resorts full of people able to use the loophole and others not being able to get more than one during capacity crowds.

I guess time will tell. Right now I just want to be able to get my tickets added (which I am having problems with) so that if it's offered or rolled out for my dates I can plan accordingly.

Yes they are testing it at certain resorts only. I know two of them are pop and POR.
I booked my aug25 trip at pop at the end of July. Very last minute trip! I didnt get an invitation email that indicated I was selected to test magic bands. I simply logged onto My Disney Experience, linked my reservations, customized my magic bands and selected my fast pass+ rides! Sorry I trailed off...I could be wrong but I heard it will roll out sometime in 2014 for everyone.

I'm at Beach Club in September, and I've been able to make fastpass + reservations and customize magic bands.

And I have heard that they are offering MagicBands to all guests at Port Orleans Riverside starting Sept.3, as in this may no longer be a test but a phased in roll out. Port Orleans French Quarter will follow about a month or so later. They're starting to notify guests arriving within the first 18 days of September, the rest will be notified soon.

Kinda disappointed...we had grey bands waiting for us, not our customized bands. The check in CMs insist that our customized ones were shipped to our home in Canada:confused3

mbvisitor said:
Kinda disappointed...we had grey bands waiting for us, not our customized bands. The check in CMs insist that our customized ones were shipped to our home in Canada:confused3

OMG that is A HUGE Bummer!

Did they tell you what happened? Everything we were told was that they would be waiting for us at the resort. I haven't heard of any Canadians getting theirs shipped. This worries me.

If they were shipped to your resort in Canada then why would there be grey bands waiting for you when you got there? Doesn't sound right to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter