UPDATE - CDC investigating all four Disney Cruise ships

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugliac

DVC Fan Contributor
DVC Gold
UPDATE: All four ships now in Yellow status.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/crui...instructions-for-cruise-ships.html#green-ship
The CDC has marked two Disney Cruise Line ships (the Dream and the Fantasy) as Yellow, signifying that they are under investigation. The links above show status of all the cruise ships, along with the significance of each color status. Part of this description of being "Yellow" is:

"Cases reported in 0.10% or more of passengers (e.g., if 6500* passengers on board, CDC’s investigation threshold is met if there are 7 or more cases among passengers occurring during the previous 7 days)"

Meaning on the Dream or Fantasy, if there are 1500 passengers, 1.5 (or 2) tested positive while onboard. Could have been crew, I have not been following along very closely.

Last edited:
The fantasy has been posted for a few weeks now. The news was posted here when it happened. If I recall it affected a lot of kids/teens. The dream is new, as of a few days ago.

On the fantasy now. Edge and Vibe are closed due to staffing issues. Clearly there is something going on with the crew. No idea if it’s covid or something else.
It is a Covid outbreak among the staff. A disboards member in another thread knows a CM on the Fantasy and confirmed.

They go yellow all the time. For Yellow it'll either say they'e started an investigation, or that they've completed it and are monitoring. 3 out of 4 were yellow a few weeks ago, then they were all green again. They all pop in or out. It doesn't take much for an orange or Yellow. Until I see a ship turn Red on the CDC site, I'm not too concerned. And I've never seen a single Red in the entire time they've been keeping the list... I've never actually seen a grey either, which would be a ship that doesn't want to play with the CDC.

I think that just means that the positive case was probably a kid who couldn't be vaccinated, and they have quarantined the staff who worked in those areas.
If you've been keeping up with the news or reading personnel experiences on this forum you would know that a lot of vaccinated passengers on multiple cruise lines are testing positive or even being turned away from boarding.

They go yellow all the time. For Yellow it'll either say they'e started an investigation, or that they've completed it and are monitoring. 3 out of 4 were yellow a few weeks ago, then they were all green again. They all pop in or out. It doesn't take much for an orange or Yellow. Until I see a ship turn Red on the CDC site, I'm not too concerned. And I've never seen a single Red in the entire time they've been keeping the list... I've never actually seen a grey either, which would be a ship that doesn't want to play with the CDC.

This. And there are ships from Carnival, MSC, Norwegian, Royal, and Celebrity that are all in Yellow. It's not *just* Disney ships.

I read that 75 cruise ships are experiencing outbreaks. I hope they don't shut down again. I'm more in the we need to learn to live with it camp. I probably won't cruise again until we they get there. I don't need the drama.

I honestly think we will, once it's verified that hospitalizations and deaths are on the major downswing long term from it. I'm not sure how they're going to decide when though, since there isn't a publicaly available test that can isolate omicron from the other strains. They'll probably have to err on the side of caution for awhile.

I honestly think we will, once it's verified that hospitalizations and deaths are on the major downswing long term from it. I'm not sure how they're going to decide when though, since there isn't a publicaly available test that can isolate omicron from the other strains. They'll probably have to err on the side of caution for awhile.
I don't believe they have ever had tests that isolate one strain and that could be years away. Hopefully, this is the strain that ends the pandemic.

outbreaks of basically mild or no symptoms also ….but the word outbreak in the news makes it sound worse. I’m in the same camp, need for people to get pass counting cases and focus on hospitals and treatments at this point. Def won’t cruise till then. It’s a coin toss if we will be on our Wish cruise end ofaugust , though I’m sure Disney is hoping for normal bu then.
Like I said in a previous post I hope this is the mild variant that ends the pandemic. I've always felt the focus should be on treatments and not all this other "stuff". Unless things change our next cruise isn't until August and August like you said is still a coin toss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter