Updated 03/12/2012 - Dreams-Special Menus Walt's+Silver Spur-(Photos)Food and Show

Thank you Carrie Cat.

I can see the appeal of not having to stake out your place for an hour to get a good view, but to be honest we would rather have a slightly limited view and spend the time on the rides anyway, so not sure it's worth it for us, especially without kids to consider! Decisions decisions..!

Although it's always nice to feel like a VIP!

We are going at end of April, so there will be plenty of TRs by then but will be sure to report back as well!

Thank you Carrie for asking about veggie options. I think that I will ask at the hotel when I check in, or in the restaurant too.. Swapping would be OK with me and they can't complain as the vege meals are always cheaper! but I would need to see the new menu before as well (damn allergies as well, makes it so hard to plan meals).

Thank you Carrie for asking about veggie options. I think that I will ask at the hotel when I check in, or in the restaurant too.. Swapping would be OK with me and they can't complain as the vege meals are always cheaper! but I would need to see the new menu before as well (damn allergies as well, makes it so hard to plan meals).

I'm going one night this week all being well so I'll check and see if normal menus have changed yet or not. Last season they rolled out over Nov/Dec and Apr/May so it might be too early ..I'll update the restaurant sticky when I find them :)

Thank you - you are a star! I'm such an awkward eater and with allergies too(anaphylaxsis if im not careful) seeing menus beforehand makes it soooo much easier for me to make reservations and plan etc. Your help is much appreciated. Hope you enjoy your visit this week :goodvibes

We got back last night and were offered the dreams menu when we arrived at Walts so you don't have to prebook that particular meal. We didnt take it and our view of the show was fine. Haven't studied the menus fully but whilst in the restaurant the dreams menu seemed to be the same stuff as the what was on the normal menu but just a bit pricier.

Sorry cant give you anymore details as we didn't do the dreams offer as the waiters didn't really have much knowledge of it. In fact the whole walts experience was a bit of a shambles but that's another story....

We got back last night and were offered the dreams menu when we arrived at Walts so you don't have to prebook that particular meal. We didnt take it and our view of the show was fine. Haven't studied the menus fully but whilst in the restaurant the dreams menu seemed to be the same stuff as the what was on the normal menu but just a bit pricier.

That doesn't suprise me :sad2: as usual it all seems to depend who you get on the phone or at the restaurant as regards what to do and not to do.

Sorry cant give you anymore details as we didn't do the dreams offer as the waiters didn't really have much knowledge of it. In fact the whole walts experience was a bit of a shambles but that's another story....

:scared1: Sounds ominous ...are you going to do a TR and update the restaurant reviews by any chance as Walt's is my favourite restaurant and I'm looking forward to going again soon :goodvibes

We ate at Walts on Tuesday and DD was so impressed, we voted to eat there again tomorrow ( vacant slot in schedule). I am a little surprised that the meat dish on both Walts and Silver Spur 20th menu is lamb and would have expected one to have had a steak dish ( perhaps they did a deal with the farmers around Mont St Michel). The waiters are currently not well briefed with the show area (we advised a couple from California eating next to us).
However, the food at Walts is still amazing.

Anyone have an idea on weither they'd alow an adult to order a kids menu? I don't mind paying full adult price, I just don't like any of the dishes. I'd happily pay the full price for an adult meal but reveice a kids burger instead of the lamb thingy, I don't like lamb at all!
Quite a shame choices are so limited. Especially since both the meat dishes are lamb, while that is one of the meat kinds that I feel is definitely something separate and NOT to everyone's liking! It's something your up for or not, while steak or chicken is something just about everybody likes. I think that would have been a better idea. But hey that's just me. :goodvibes

The pictures look yummy and hopefully the staff will know a bit more about it by the time we visit. :goodvibes I'm surprised too that both menus are lamb for the meat dish. I like lamb and my OH eats everything so it is not a problem for us but I know plenty of people who don't eat lamb.

Just some food for thought lol , lamb is in season at the minute very reasonable everywhere , maybe the menus will change with the seasons produce as lamb in aug / sept is at a premium?

Have updated the 1st post with more photos. These are of the Silver Spur meal. You can also see in the top right photo the roped off viewing area for Dreams.

:)

I love the idea of it but it's like where's the food???? They all look like starters to me, I'd want to know when the rest of it was coming...

I love the idea of it but it's like where's the food???? They all look like starters to me, I'd want to know when the rest of it was coming...

LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one that is thinking that! :rotfl:

Luv Suzy

Hi,
Thanks for all the info about the special Dreams meals and the meal photos - saved me a few phone calls!
I am in two minds about this myself. I love Walts and Blue Lagoon, but usually choose from the HB Plus menu or main menu. The Dreams menus are rather limited.

Worth doing if you get a really good view for Dreams without having to stake out your place well in advance, but I'm not sure how much better this is going to be from Casey's Corner. I guess I assumed that the VIP area would be in prime position, in Central Plaza, facing the Castle.
Being rather small, as soon as someone tall stands in front of me, or people put kids on their shoulders, that is my view stuffed!

Must say that in the early days of 'EuroDisney' guests were not allowed to sit children on their shoulders to watch shows or parades, as considered unfair to people standing behind, and also risky for the children if they fell and received injury. I remember seeing CMs telling people to lift them down and just hold them in their arms.

That was a big problem with Central Plaza Stage - people stood right in front of it, then put kids on their shoulders, completely blocking the view for others standing behind.

I usually get my favourite positions for watching parades and shows very early, so may just do this for Dreams if the VIP area has no real avantage.
Will be interesting to read some reports of this before my June trip.

PS. I do agree with Orion and Suzybear that the meal portions look very small. The good table service restaurants in resort are quite Fine Dining but three courses fill me up. Not sure that I just want cake for dessert though, even if it is 20th Anniversary one. I like some of their fab desserts, like the creme brulee in Blue Lagoon and walt's usually have some delicious ones as well.

I have to say the Silver Spur looks and sounds nicer, though the lack of steak as a menu option is a shame, as I love the one offered in the lower-priced half board menu.

Likely will wait for more opinions on the VIP meal if they come in over the next few weeks. But I suspect we may simply choose to take our chances with Dreams

Must say that in the early days of 'EuroDisney' guests were not allowed to sit children on their shoulders to watch shows or parades, as considered unfair to people standing behind, and also risky for the children if they fell and received injury. I remember seeing CMs telling people to lift them down and just hold them in their arms.

That was a big problem with Central Plaza Stage - people stood right in front of it, then put kids on their shoulders, completely blocking the view for others standing behind.

I usually get my favourite positions for watching parades and shows very early, so may just do this for Dreams if the VIP area has no real avantage.
Will be interesting to read some reports of this before my June trip.

I HATE people putting children on their shoulders. A friend's son suffered a nasty fall from his dad's shoulders and although luckily he didn't sustain any lasting damage it makes me shudder anytime I see it.

We've decided against the meal too. On our last holiday to WDW we had places in the preferred viewing areas for a couple of shows but didn't bother to use them as we didn't think they were the best viewing spots. If you read Happy Days live report on the Trip Report sub-board he's already watched Dreams from several places. I think the pathway just past Adventureland will be full of DISers! :dance3:

If you read Happy Days live report on the Trip Report sub-board he's already watched Dreams from several places. I think the pathway just past Adventureland will be full of DISers! :dance3:

We decided against it too! :laughing:
And you will definitely find us on the said pathway! :rotfl2:

If you read Happy Days live report on the Trip Report sub-board he's already watched Dreams from several places. I think the pathway just past Adventureland will be full of DISers! :dance3:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I think so too!

I've just watched the interview with Steve Davison on DLRP Magic (great site :thumbsup2) and he says they designed Dreams to be watched from various angles, not just the front. He says they've hidden things in the show that you'll only see from certain points. Also it's projected round the curves of the castle and not just flat, meaning you can see well from the sides, which is where the Adventureland side obviously comes in. I want to try and see this every night we're there so I think we'll give Walts a miss too and try to see it from somewhere different each night, to try and spot the differences. :)

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I think so too!

I've just watched the interview with Steve Davison on DLRP Magic (great site :thumbsup2) and he says they designed Dreams to be watched from various angles, not just the front. He says they've hidden things in the show that you'll only see from certain points. Also it's projected round the curves of the castle and not just flat, meaning you can see well from the sides, which is where the Adventureland side obviously comes in.
I want to try and see this every night we're there so I think we'll give Walts a miss too and try to see it from somewhere different each night, to try and spot the differences. :)

great - because you go before I do and I would be very happy to hear where you watched the show each evening and which spot was your favourite :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter