Probably the easiest would be to use it in store and get a GameStop gift card and then make an online order with that gift card.

However I assume you know that if you are ordering a new game that’s already out you run the chance of getting a ‘gutted’ game. Basically the ‘new’ display store copy.

Also GameStop online now has an 8.99 charge if you want to return an online order via mail (no charge for returning in store).

Is the joy con physically broken? If there is no damage to the outer shell, you can get Nintendo to fix it for free via their ‘drifting joycon’ repair center. Otherwise Target does have a targeted Circle offer for 30% off Nintendo controllers this week. You can get a new set of joy cons for $56 if you have that on your account.
Thank you, this is super helpful! Apparently, it is a drifting issue, so I'll check with Nintendo.

When you say I could end up with a "gutted" game, is that if I buy it online or in store?

Thank you, this is super helpful! Apparently, it is a drifting issue, so I'll check with Nintendo.

When you say I could end up with a "gutted" game, is that if I buy it online or in store?
Well in store if they say it’s the last one, you end up with a gutted game so you can just not buy it. Online it’s a crapshoot. If the game is already released then the system generally picks the closest store with stock to ship to you. And if it’s their last copy, you get a gutted one. Online ordering from GameStop does not mean it will come from a warehouse.

Now if it’s a preorder then you will get a new copy sent from the warehouse once it releases.

Drifting is an issue with joycons so Nintendo set up free repair (to avoid a lawsuit really). I have already had to send one in twice and we aren’t even rough with the joycons. Here’s the official site : https://repair.nintendo.com/cc/soConsumer.html?lang=en&sys=SWTCH&type=JOY-CON
I generally have gotten them back in less than 2 weeks.

Disney Gift Card Deals / Discount District / Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Best Buy Chase Offer:
Various Offers
  • Get 20% Back On Up To $100 Spend
    • Expires 10/01/22. GCG
  • Earn 10% back until a $25.00 back maximum is reached.
    • Expires 10/20/22. UP
Disney Gift Card Deals & Amazon & Credit Card Offers
CVS Chase Offer: Various Offers
Home Depot Chase Offer: Get 20% Back On Up To $50 Spend
Expires 10/01/22. GCG

Hurricane Ian

Stay on top of the latest information on the DIS!

Hurricane Ian - WDW Resorts Related Updates, Planning & Discussion / Direct Link

I'm sure many of you will be following this closely, for those in the path our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Added Offers ~ 9/28/22

Discount District
GIANT Food Stores / Giant Food / Martin’s / Stop & Shop:
1664373584060.png

• Earn 6x points on Happy & Choice Gift Cards
    • Ad Scan
    • Offer valid 9/30/22 thru 10/6/22
Hy-Vee: Get 30c off per gallon for every $50 spent on Select Gift Cards
Includes:
Apple, Buffalo Wild Wings, Choice, Domino’s, Fanatics, IHOP, Instacart, Macy’s, Panera Bread and Spafinder
Expires 10/11/22. GCG

Kroger Family Stores:
Harris Teeter ONLY

• Get 200 Bonus Fuel Points on Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Arby's, Brinker, Dominos and Olive Garden
    • Excludes $10 gift card
    • Expires 10/11/22
Publix:
  • Get $10 Off $50 Gas Gift CardWhen Spending $50+ On Groceries with coupon
    • Direct link to weekly ad (you might need to change the store ID).
    • Original coupon and gas card must be presented when purchasing $50 of groceries.
    • Expires 10/02/22. GCG
Shop ‘N Save:
1664373507626.png

• Earn 20c Off Per Gallon Of Gas For Every $50 Restaurant Gift Cards
    • Ad Scan
    • Offer valid 9/29/22 - 10/05/22

Disney Gift Card Deals / Discount District / Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Best Buy Chase Offer:
Various Offers
  • Get 20% Back On Up To $100 Spend
    • Expires 10/01/22. GCG
  • Earn 10% back until a $25.00 back maximum is reached.
    • Expires 10/20/22. UP
Disney Gift Card Deals & Amazon & Credit Card Offers
CVS Chase Offer: Various Offers
Home Depot Chase Offer: Get 20% Back On Up To $50 Spend
Expires 10/01/22. GCG
Thanks so much for this thread. I have two questions:
1. How to get the Best Buy 20% back? The link says it’s a targeted offer. I have chase but not sure where I would have received the offer. Is it on the discounts section in the chase app? Does it work for gift cards?
2. Has anyone tried the chase app 10% off shopDisney deal For gift cards? The terms don’t say anything about gift cards.
Thank you in advance.

1. How to get the Best Buy 20% back? The link says it’s a targeted offer. I have chase but not sure where I would have received the offer. Is it on the discounts section in the chase app? Does it work for gift cards?
2. Has anyone tried the chase app 10% off shopDisney deal For gift cards? The terms don’t say anything about gift cards.
Thank you in advance.
Pretty much all of these offers being discussed for Chase are targeted. Some of us luck into them, others don't. Weirdly, my husband's card with the least spending was the only of our 6 Chase cards to get this Best Buy deal.

When you log into the app, scan down until you see the section Chase Offers. There's a small arrow pointing right that will expand the list so you see all of the offers on whichever card it is defaulting it. Then, you'll see a dropdown to toggle between cards, if you have multiple, and the offers available. If you don't see an offer, you aren't one of the lucky, targeted few.

Yes, these offers nearly always work on gift cards because they are based only on the spend amount. There will be a few that are very specific (Get $x off of CVS Carepass instead of a general CVS) where you have to buy, generally, that subscription service for the offer to trigger. But, the ShopDisney 10%, if you get it, definitely works on gift cards. Some retailers use a 3rd party for online gift card sales (I'm looking at you Office Max/Depot with your no-nearby-locations!) so purchases from that 3rd party don't trigger the offer.

Pretty much all of these offers being discussed for Chase are targeted. Some of us luck into them, others don't. Weirdly, my husband's card with the least spending was the only of our 6 Chase cards to get this Best Buy deal.

When you log into the app, scan down until you see the section Chase Offers. There's a small arrow pointing right that will expand the list so you see all of the offers on whichever card it is defaulting it. Then, you'll see a dropdown to toggle between cards, if you have multiple, and the offers available. If you don't see an offer, you aren't one of the lucky, targeted few.

Yes, these offers nearly always work on gift cards because they are based only on the spend amount. There will be a few that are very specific (Get $x off of CVS Carepass instead of a general CVS) where you have to buy, generally, that subscription service for the offer to trigger. But, the ShopDisney 10%, if you get it, definitely works on gift cards. Some retailers use a 3rd party for online gift card sales (I'm looking at you Office Max/Depot with your no-nearby-locations!) so purchases from that 3rd party don't trigger the offer.
Thanks so much for your help. I haven’t looked at the chase app offers much because i thought it was just Starbucks max $3 off which I wasn’t interested in. Will definitely be browsing them more moving forward!

Thank you in advance.

All offers are targeted.

To find Chase Offers through the Chase Mobile app, begin by logging in to the app. Scroll down to the bottom of the page underneath the list of your credit cards and you’ll see Chase Offers.
Click on See all offers to see everything that’s available for each of your credit cards.

1664383538965.png

Here you’ll see the offers for the credit card that’s showing on the top of your screen. To see offers for a different card, click on the drop-down arrow at the top right of your screen. This will bring up a list of your current Chase credit cards that you can scroll through to select a different card.

1664383547586.png

To activate an offer just click on Add to card under the offer you’d like to use. Doing this will bring up a screen that will list all of the offer details, plus you’ll see confirmation that this offer was added to your card.
1664383715921.png

Pay close attention to the fine details. Some offers exclude gift cards or egift cards, some are in-store or online only etc.

All offers are targeted.

To find Chase Offers through the Chase Mobile app, begin by logging in to the app. Scroll down to the bottom of the page underneath the list of your credit cards and you’ll see Chase Offers.
Click on See all offers to see everything that’s available for each of your credit cards.

View attachment 706083

Here you’ll see the offers for the credit card that’s showing on the top of your screen. To see offers for a different card, click on the drop-down arrow at the top right of your screen. This will bring up a list of your current Chase credit cards that you can scroll through to select a different card.

View attachment 706084

To activate an offer just click on Add to card under the offer you’d like to use. Doing this will bring up a screen that will list all of the offer details, plus you’ll see confirmation that this offer was added to your card.
View attachment 706088

Pay close attention to the fine details. Some offers exclude gift cards or egift cards, some are in-store or online only etc.
Thank you so much for putting the time and effort in your response. I’m sure you will help a lot of people, not just me.

All offers are targeted.

View attachment 706083

View attachment 706084

View attachment 706088

I want your Piada one!! 😉

Sorry for the basic questions! One more pretty please. Does anyone know if Universal Hollywood has gift card deals or other ways to save? I think I used Under Cover tourist in 2019 but I wasn’t sure if there was something newer or better these days. Thanks so much.

Sorry for the basic questions! One more pretty please. Does anyone know if Universal Hollywood has gift card deals or other ways to save? I think I used Under Cover tourist in 2019 but I wasn’t sure if there was something newer or better these days. Thanks so much.
I think undercover tourist is it but anybody please chime in if I'm wrong as I am in the middle of planning a trip there as well :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter