That's crazy! Sorry that happened to you. I'm planning to buy a GC at HD tonight, I'm just going to add the $ for the purchase.

Thanks for explaining.
When you buy at HD (or anywhere else) do you just use the Cash App card for payment? If yes, do you select debit or credit and if buying a $50 gift card with 10% boost, will having $45 on the Cash App card work as payment in full?

Welcome back!
That lingering cough has not left me since I got Covid back in 2021 after Christmas! No kidding. When I got sick at WDW fall last year I told the ER Doc the same and he took an x-ray but found nothing. I recently had another x-ray and I'm not sure. I have an appt. with the new PC on Friday 29th.
I had an x-ray. No pneumonia, but my freaking insurance won't fill one of my prescriptions without prior authorization. This same insurance company denied a procedure a couple of months ago on my knee and the NP I saw refused to go to bat for me. This is such BS. I don't think I have EVER been denied medical care before and now twice in 3 months? My doctor will have to file for a prior authorization which will take DAYS to complete and in the meantime, I don't have the medicine that my doctor wants me to have. I cannot wait until I am on Medicare ... and I'm getting regular OG Medicare and not "Medicare Advantage" which will pull the same cost saving crap on me.

I had an x-ray. No pneumonia, but my freaking insurance won't fill one of my prescriptions without prior authorization. This same insurance company denied a procedure a couple of months ago on my knee and the NP I saw refused to go to bat for me. This is such BS. I don't think I have EVER been denied medical care before and now twice in 3 months? My doctor will have to file for a prior authorization which will take DAYS to complete and in the meantime, I don't have the medicine that my doctor wants me to have. I cannot wait until I am on Medicare ... and I'm getting regular OG Medicare and not "Medicare Advantage" which will pull the same cost saving crap on me.
Whew, good news! But the rest really stinks and I'm sorry to hear it. Do you have HMO or PPO?

When you buy at HD (or anywhere else) do you just use the Cash App card for payment? If yes, do you select debit or credit and if buying a $50 gift card with 10% boost, will having $45 on the Cash App card work as payment in full?

Yes, that is what I would do. I didn't end up going last night, my phone broke. I'll try this weekend.

Whew, good news! But the rest really stinks and I'm sorry to hear it. Do you have HMO or PPO?
It's a high deductible plan though my DH's company, so like a PPO. The company self inures and contracts through Anthem BCBS so all of their health insurance is the same. The only difference between the plans is the deductibles.

So, I just got off the phone with my insurance and they did a manual override for me since I only need it for less than a month. If it was an ongoing med, I would have needed to get the pre-auth. Kudos to my husband who recommended that I call the "Customer Care" number on the back of the card. He's just as tired of hearing me hack up a lung as I am doing the hacking.

My DH had a total knee replacement in January. He's basically recovered but he's got some lingering issues and at his 6 month appointment with his surgeon, he told him he was very uncomfortable playing pickleball (we'd tried it for the first time just a few days before the appt) so the Dr told him to pick up a knee brace from the durable equipment office there on his way out. We just got the EOB recently and they denied coverage saying that they needed more information! He literally had a total knee replacement 6 months earlier, is there really that much to consider?

I was tempted to just pay the bill (it's only like $70, we did get the negotiated rate) but then realized that it's worth a phone call to the Drs office to ask them to resubmit with an explanation -- the insurance company is hoping people don't bother. It's also BS that the Drs office didn't automatically do that instead of just billing us!

Added Offers ~ 9/23/23

Discount District

Cub

1695472927334.png
  • Buy $100 Select Gift Cards & Get $15 Cub gift card
    • Includes: Nintendo eShop, Sony PlayStation, Roblox and Xbox
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 9/24/23 – 9/30/23.
Credit Cards & More
Discover 5% Q3 2023: Digital Wallet/Apple Pay​

Nothing Bundt Cakes

1695479262176.png

Nothing Bundt Cake eClub members! Be sure to check your inbox as you may have a coupon for buy one, get one FREE Bundtlets, valid in your select bakery. These typically cost $5.50 each (depending on your location). With this coupon, that would make each cake just $2.25!

Members who received this offer can redeem it in-store or use promo code SEPTBOGO online today, September 23rd only. Note that you won’t have the email and the promo code will not work if your area or favorite store isn’t participating in this promotion.
Don’t have the coupon or not signed up for the eClub? Click here to sign up so that you can receive future offers. In addition to these exclusive offers, eClub members also receive a free bundtlet on your birthday!

To learn more go to Hip2Save

Has anyone had luck with taking a virtual card to the store and having them trade it for a physical card? More and more deals seem to be for the virtual version and I need physical cards.

Kohl's
1695479745508.png
Up to 40% Off Kohl’s Mystery Coupon + Earn Kohl’s Cash!

Check your inbox as you may have received an email from Kohl’s that contains a single-use Kohl’s mystery coupon that you can use in-store or online to save up to 40% off your entire purchase through September 24th!

Look for an email titled “40%, 30% or 20% off? Your deal is waiting to be revealed!” coming from the email address kohls@am.kohls.com.

You can also find this offer by logging into your account online or in the app and checking your virtual wallet for an offer that says “Mystery Savings Revealed.”

Check your inbox as you may have received an email from Kohl’s that contains a single-use Kohl’s mystery coupon that you can use in-store or online to save up to 40% off your entire purchase through September 24th!

Look for an email titled “40%, 30% or 20% off? Your deal is waiting to be revealed!” coming from the email address kohls@am.kohls.com.

You can also find this offer by logging into your account online or in the app and checking your virtual wallet for an offer that says “Mystery Savings Revealed.”

To learn more go to Hip2Save

Edit to add:
Credit Cards & More

• Kohl's Rewards also accepts Apple Pay.
  • Discover 5% Q3 2023: Digital Wallet/Apple Pay

Last edited:
I was tempted to just pay the bill (it's only like $70, we did get the negotiated rate) but then realized that it's worth a phone call to the Drs office to ask them to resubmit with an explanation -- the insurance company is hoping people don't bother. It's also BS that the Drs office didn't automatically do that instead of just billing us!
Exactly, my insurance denied a widely used injection for my knee (Synvisc) and the PA I saw didn't want to bother to back up her recommendation with a peer to peer review. She also fat shamed me at my appointment. I am working on seeing someone else from a different medical group so I can get the care I deserve.

Has anyone had luck with taking a virtual card to the store and having them trade it for a physical card? More and more deals seem to be for the virtual version and I need physical cards.

I went to bed late last night and woke up very early so I'm half baked.

Why would you need physical cards vs using the virtual?

Have you tried adding them to PayPal or Walmart app and using in-store to buy physical?

Exactly, my insurance denied a widely used injection for my knee (Synvisc) and the PA I saw didn't want to bother to back up her recommendation with a peer to peer review. She also fat shamed me at my appointment. I am working on seeing someone else from a different medical group so I can get the care I deserve.

Wow, you do need to seek better care and you might want to get on that asap especially with Covid on the rise. It halted me for several months when I was searching for a new PC. I also learned some doctors were not accepting new patients.

I went to bed late last night and woke up very early so I'm half baked.

Why would you need physical cards vs using the virtual?

Have you tried adding them to PayPal or Walmart app and using in-store to buy physical?
I have these cases that I use every year with the kids for gift cards. It’s the size of a wallet and each gets their own filled at Christmas. Once they use them they return the cases to use the next year. Virtual ones won’t work since even if you print them they are usually full size paper. It’s one of their favorite gifts each year so I don’t want to change it.

I have these cases that I use every year with the kids for gift cards. It’s the size of a wallet and each gets their own filled at Christmas. Once they use them they return the cases to use the next year. Virtual ones won’t work since even if you print them they are usually full size paper. It’s one of their favorite gifts each year so I don’t want to change it.

Do you have a Sam's Club membership?
Try adding your virtual to purchase physical.
We have confirmation Sam's accepts virtual cards.
Here's the link to their prepaid Visa & Mastercard
and shopping portals. Please let us know if this works out.
Most peeps buy DGC so I don't have any DP's if this will work.
Just note, Sam's will not flag your account or do anything weird if you try. The only thing that will happen is the order will be denied.

Edit to add: Yes, this is for online but I gave a few examples of doing this in-store, either way I hope one of them works for you.

Last edited:
And after you’ve moved on report her to your state’s medical board. Ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter