Upgraded to AKL

annie2871

Mouseketeer
We just got back from WDW. Our original ressies were for POFQ, but when I went to check in, there were no non-smoking rooms - which I requested, so we were upgarded at the $99/night rate to AKL. I was totally surprised! The only bad thing about it was that I knew nothing about AKL. I had researched everything about POFQ and knew how to get there and get to everything else we planned on doing. Fortunately, they have those little buttons on the phone to get help from, ha-ha!

We loved the AKL!!! We have a savannah view, I think that's what they called it. We woke up every morning with a giraffe eating breakfast outside our room. My little boy loved it. The animal caregivers are wonderful too. They did games with all of the kids and taught them quite a bit about the animals that were there.

The rooms were a little small, but hey, all you do there is sleep anyway, so you don't need that much room!

Thats great Annie :D

Congrats on the upgrade and I am glad you enjoyed AKL. I hope to stay there someday too :D

Originally posted by annie2871

We loved the AKL!!! We have a savannah view, I think that's what they called it. We woke up every morning with a giraffe eating breakfast outside our room. My little boy loved it. The animal caregivers are wonderful too. They did games with all of the kids and taught them quite a bit about the animals that were there.

Sounds great. Which trail or savannah was your room on?

WOW! AKL Savannah view for $99!!! You sure did get pixie dust! Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. I'm hoping that some day we get a bunch of pixie dust sprinkled on us while at WDW!;)

Originally posted by annie2871
We just got back from WDW. Our original ressies were for POFQ, but when I went to check in, there were no non-smoking rooms - which I requested, so we were upgarded at the $99/night rate to AKL. I was totally surprised! The only bad thing about it was that I knew nothing about AKL. I had researched everything about POFQ and knew how to get there and get to everything else we planned on doing. Fortunately, they have those little buttons on the phone to get help from, ha-ha!

The rooms were a little small, but hey, all you do there is sleep anyway, so you don't need that much room!

Wow you were upgraded from a moderate to a deluxe just because they had no non-smoking rooms left? They do not even garentee you a non-smoking room it is just a request.

I am interested in the details of how this worked. Was the resort completely full were there any other issues?

Actually if you need a non-smoking room for health reasons it is guaranteed. This is noted on my reservations and has always been honored. Congrats on the AKL upgrade! I will be staying there in September. :D

Originally posted by Disneylvr
Actually if you need a non-smoking room for health reasons it is guaranteed. This is noted on my reservations and has always been honored. Congrats on the AKL upgrade! I will be staying there in September. :D

Hi Disneylvr,

I am aware of the medical guarantee for a non-smoking room as my husband has asthma. But the OP did not indicate that she had a guaranteed non-smoking room. She stated that she had requested a non-smoking room and one was not avaiable and that that is why she was upgraded from a moderate to a deluxe. That is great but it just seems odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter