V & S - 11/12/2010 - SBP/Attic/UK Lower - WE ARE BACK!

vlkleinh

Mouseketeer
Let the planning journal begin (way too late)!

Just wanted to get this post in so that I have it started.

We are from Northwestern Ontario and are getting married in November.

We have done quite a bit already, but I'll try to get it all organized and post it here soon!

Woot for November weddings!

Vanessa was the second person Sean met at university. Vanessa has no recollection of it.

They lived in residence together. Then, they were neighbours. Sean remembers Vanessa dancing to Billie Jean. Vanessa knows that Sean wore a bandana while tearin’ up the basketball court once….and he drove a truck that Vanessa never rode in.

They moved out of residence and one day they kissed. Whoa. Since Vanessa didn’t understand boys and Sean didn’t understand girls…they went on with their lives as usual. They waved a cool wave…or made less than a split second of eye contact when they saw each other. Was it love?

They graduated, left university and didn’t speak for a decade. Sean went to college and moved home. Vanessa moved to Ottawa, Val d’Or, St.Catharines, Welland, Fort Albany, Toronto, and Oshawa, got married, had a baby, got divorced…whew!

Enter Elliott, the world’s most lovable three year old. Thank you MSN. Vanessa and Sean reconnected.

They went camping. Vanessa moved north...closer to Sean (for a job). There were fireworks…no really…actual fireworks outside the window. Sean visited Vanessa. Vanessa visited Sean. Elliott got Sean to wear princess outfits and dance to Anne Murray.

Vanessa and Sean went on a ROOOOAAAADTRIP! They drove. They saw fireflies, buffalo, Deadwood and the Badlands. Also...he sang every word to "Beth" by Kiss. She loved him anyway!

Vanessa and Sean and Elliott bought a house in Dryden. On Dec. 11, he sort of got down on one knee..she said, "YES". Now, even though Sean is a Penguins fan, they are tying the knot!

Why Disney?
We live pretty far from my (Vanessa's) family...and we have 6 children under six in our immediate families. We were trying to find a location that was affordable to get to and where people would be able to enjoy some family time. It's actually cheaper to get to Orlando than it is to get to Dryden! Many people in our families have never been to WDW, and don't you think it's something everyone should try once?

...and so we are getting married on Nov. 12 at WDW. SPB/The Attic/UK Lower.

Congratulations and welcome!!!
The bridesmaid dresses are very pretty!!

I decided to go with a cake post first! Floral is making me delirious.

I'm trying a new pic thing...so please let me know if you can't see the pics.

I'm posting pics of two cakes. The first one (blue/green with an S on the top) is the style we are going for.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51946376@N03/4830742393/

The second, bright, multi-colored one are the colors we are using. The one in the pic is a bday cake...but ours will be for a wedding!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51946376@N03/4830742339/in/photostream/

Should be fun.

Wow loving the ideas for a cake topper!!!
It will certainly be unique!!!
Wonderful!!

Thanks for the nice comments Tinkerbell!

Okay. I'm not really sold on floral yet. I'll post a few links to things that we are leaning towards:

deep red bouquet with burgundy or plum calla lilies for bride.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51946376@N03/4831004079/

One of the following two for bridesmaids (who are wearing indigo blue, long dresses...pic posted earlier in thread)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51946376@N03/4831004015/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51946376@N03/4834372729/

I think I would like to have some sort of ribbon wrap that makes the flowers pop a bit more...but it might be hard to do this without making the ceremony look tacky. Again...disney floral will hopefully come up with something beautiful.

Nothing on boutonnieres for me yet!

Oooo I'm so excited to follow along with you! We're getting married Feb 15 - SBP, The Attic, and I'm not giving up on a DP.

I can't see some of your pics though - do I need a login to access them because of privacy settings?

Oooo I'm so excited to follow along with you! We're getting married Feb 15 - SBP, The Attic, and I'm not giving up on a DP.

I can't see some of your pics though - do I need a login to access them because of privacy settings?

Um...never mind...seriously RIGHT after I posted that I clicked again and could see them. I swear, I'm not a moron. :confused3

Love, LOVE the dress!

tentative beo...still working out the wrinkles

38 Guests (SBP, Attic, UK Lower)
Ceremony Location Usage (non tax) 775
Ceremony Location Usage (tax) 1304
Limo 282. 48

Ceremony Total 2362.11

Wedding Cake (3 tier Mad Hatter, custom design) 1043. 70

Pre-reception/reception
133 Hosted Call brand cocktails ($6 each) 1028.34
29 Custom Brunch Menu ($57/person)
7 children's plated dinners ($23 each) 207.47
2 vendor meals (photographers 13. 95 each) 35. 95
38 scoops of ice cream ($6 each) 293.81
Wedding Cake Handling Fee 205.80

Ipod speaker set up 250 (adding an extra speaker and mic for about $125 extra)
1 caricature artist 585
Reception total 4749.89

Dessert Party - UK Lower
Venue Rental ($250) 266. 25
36 Illuminations viewing fees ($12.95 each) $496.50
36 Custom Dessert Party Menus ($24 per guest) $1113.39
Milk for the kids $5.47
1 Outdoor setup fee ($75) $79.88
Dessert Party Total: $1961.49

Estimated total (still waiting on floral): 10117.19

I love your dress - you will be a real princess in it!!
I must admit I prefer the second of the BM's bouquets - so unusual!!!
Your flowers are lovely!!!

Hello and Welcome!

you are a month after me :) so I get to say YAY for Fall brides :)

your dress looks gorgeous! We are using the Attic for our wedding rehearsal dinner so I will definitely feel you in on everything :)

Can't wait to read more :)

We were going to go with Fat Catz, be we switched to Randy Chapman. Randy offered us a cd only package that was longer coverage and cheaper than the FatCatz coverage. I sort of wanted to take a chance on Fat Catz, but I couldn't find a lot of info and review out there for them. So, we are playing it safe, since we know exactly what we will get from Randy.

The great thing about Fat Catz is that you get two photographers! Anyway, if RC wasn't available or didn't have the cd only package, we would have gone with them for sure.

I probably changed the privacy settings on that dress pic right as you were looking!! Sorry about that!

OK. So this is what we are going with for a menu so far. There may be a few minor changes. We are also adding ice cream to eat with our wedding cake at the brunch ($6 per person).

($57 per guest)

Fresh Seasonal Slice Fruit served with Yogurt Dip

Ceasar Salad ( Lettuce Parmesean, croutons, dressing)

Egg & Omelets made to order (ACTION STATION!) : including salmon, cheddar cheese, ham, peppers, onion, mushrooms, spinach, salsa, and egg substitute.

Mickey Waffles

Crepes prepared to order (ACTION STATION!) to include: Wild Berry & Grand Marnier cream cheese, served with vanilla bean sauce and mandarin oranges. (not sold on mandarin oranges...alternatives?)

Seared Chicken Breast with Granny Smith Apples, roasted fennel, and fig jus

Mickey-roni & Cheese

Hardwood Smoked Bacon
Maple-glazed pork sausage links

assorted danish, croissants, rolls butter and jellies

coffee, tea, juice

DP ($24++ per guest)

Assorted cookies
Assorted brownies
Chocolate dipped mickey mouse rice krispie treats
key lime tarts
chocolate dipped strawberries
juice, coffee, tea

Okay...trying to work out music selections. We are providing our own battery operated cd player or ipod dock at Sea Breeze Point.

Seating - probably just a medley of Disney music - haven't thought much about this yet. We might also have some of our fav non-disney songs in piano or acoustic versions to play.

Flower Girl Entrance - Rainbow Connection (hoping to get a friend to record an acoustic version of it for us...if not, then sarah mclachlin sp??)

Ring Bearer Entrance (is it wrong to have a separate song for the flower girl and ring bearer?) - Whistle While You Work

Bridal Party Entrance ??

Bride - The Luckiest - Ben Folds

Recessional - completely unsure about this. We want something, fun, upbeat...and unique. Some songs we have considered:

Zip a Dee Doo Dah
Forever - Kiss (DF ...closet KISS fan)
Forever In Blue Jeans - Neil Diamond(me...closet Neil Diamond fan)
Happy Together - Turtles
Neil Young - Harvest Moon
Cat Stevens - Can't Keep It In
Jeans On - Dave Dundas (inside joke)
You Sexy Thing - Hot Chocolate (we are old)

other ideas?

First Dance - Thank You - Chris Cornell version
Groom/ Mother Dance - ?

What are you ladies doing for music?

We have rented DVC points to get a Magic Kingdom View room at Bay Lake Tower for 5 nights during the week of our wedding. Our plan is to let people who are near to us have this room as an "escape" for one night during the week. So, I need help with how to stage this so that it's a nice and convenient surprise for everyone..rather than something that is a big hassle. For example, we'd like to let the groom's parents stay there one night..watch the fireworks, go out for dinner etc. We'd also like the MOH to have a break from her kids one night..so that her and hubby can have a nice night together. Same thing for the Best Man.

MOH knows about it, but the others don't. So what do you think? ...just let them know they don't need accommodations for that night? Thinking of leaving a welcome basket that includes a mickey shaped card that outlines when their free night is and when they can arrive!

Not so sure about this..could be really good..or could cause some people a bit of logistical grief.

Also, we are having a welcome bbq on the Wed (two nights before our wedding) at Disney Fort Wilderness Campground. We have two tent sites booked...taking a chance that they can be side by side. There is an aquatic parade and a Chip and Dale campfire for the kids. The campsites are roughly $40 each and have a 10 person limit. We booked 2 just in case. We are just going to cook on our bbq and hit a grocery store for other food/drinks. Since we have a bunch of kids in our immediate families, we are going to invite the kids to have a slumber party at the campsite that night. Parents can relax...and get some sleep!

My mom sent me a cricut in the mail....hooray for moms! It was an unexpected gift..but it will come in very handy!

We finally got our invites sent out. We got a kit on clearance at winners for $9.00 (25 invites, rsvp cards, fold up envelopes, sealing labels). We stole the rsvp wording from the internet (will be there with bells on, will not be there...heard there were people wearing bells etc.). Included in our invites:

1. invite card
2. rsvp card
3. self addressed, stamped envelope
4. map of disney boardwalk inn (printed in color from the internet)
5. a loose small mickey head icon (just because)
6. A card with "our story" printed on it...and the address for our website...where they can find more details.

Here is a pic..I should've put it on another color background. They are just simple and get the job done.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51946376@N03/4879870268/

Also..I've been working on a sort of autograph book. I need to find some more icons for the cricut, but here is a start. I'm going to punch a hole in the top left corner of the cards and put them on a carabener. This will make it easier to carry about the parks. Kids or parents can just put them on a belt loop. Might try to attach a sharpie to the carabener (how do you spell carabener?).

Here is a link to the cards I've started so far. In the pic they look all gluey..but they don't look that bad once dried.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51946376@N03/4879872104/in/photostream

Hey! I just posted a reply to your autograph book question on the main board. Excited to find the PJ! The pages for autographs are better than I imagined.
My family camps (camper & tents too) at Fort Wilderness every Christmas so it holds a special place in my heart!!! We have thought about doing the BBQ, maybe you could rent a few golf carts for the day (it's a large place and things are really far apart).

I love the wedding dress, everything sounds perfect . :cutie:

Cara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter