Val's Journal (comments welcome)

Oh Val, :hug:

Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way. :hug: I am so sorry to hear about your grandma.

Take good care of you sweetie, :hug:

Tracy

Hey Val, I'm thinking of you today hoping you are starting to feel a little better. I agree with Beth, hopefully your second trimester will find you glowing. :flower1:

Happy New Year, Val!

How are you doing sweetie? Has the morning "all-day" sickness let up any?;) I hope that everything is going well for you.

Take good care of you and update us when you can! Sending :hug: and prayers your way!

Tracy :wave:

:wave: Hi,
I'm trying to make my way through journals slowly today. If I missed you, I'm sorry, it wasn't intentional :D .

You know, I think I'm actually HUNGRY. Haven't felt that feeling in months :earseek: . Maybe I'm getting towards the end of the morning/ all day sickness stage here :jumping4: .

Thanks so much for asking how I've been everyone. I really appreciate it. I go to the dr.'s next Tuesday and will see how much weight I've gained then. I'm hoping it won't be too bad since I haven't been eating much. Unfortunately, what I have been eating is very carby so that's probably not good. We shall see.

My grandmother's funeral was today. Since she lived in Florida there was no way for me to attend so I lit a candle here at home and thought about her. What's strange is that I'm really not all that sad because I truly believe she is in a better place and will be happier free of pain. I will miss her, though, and I feel sad for my dad and his siblings because I'm sure that whatever your age it must be hard to lose a parent.

That's all for now.

She's hungry!!
hungrysmiley.gif
She's hungry!!
icon_hungry.gif
YEAH! She's hungry!!
cheeburga.gif

Val,
I am so glad to hear you are starting to feel hungry! You must be entering the 2nd trimester. I sure you will have a wonderful doctor's visit. I am sure the baby is growing nicely and your gain will be appropriate. Just feed those cravings because there is a reason for them. ::yes:: Well, that's what my doctor told me until I started eating about 5 pounds of bing cherries a week - that was a tad much. :blush:

The candle is a very nice thing. I am sure it helps to take a moment and reflect upon your wonderful memories of your grandmother. When my grandmother passed, it was a good thing. She had 'died' many years earlier as a result of Alzheimers and we had already mourned her loss. Her passing was peaceful and we know she is much better off not on this Earth. :grouphug: to your family.

Happy New Year Val!!! So glad to hear that you are beginning to feel a bit better!! :cool1: Now you can start to get excited about the impending arrival! :cloud9:

So sorry to here of the loss of your grandmother. Prayers to all of your family. But as you said, she is in a better place and no pain anymore.

I hope everything else is going well for you. Thanks for stopping by journals - we like to hear from you and your encouragement means a lot!!

TTFN-
Sharon

vald1977 said:
:
My grandmother's funeral was today. Since she lived in Florida there was no way for me to attend so I lit a candle here at home and thought about her. What's strange is that I'm really not all that sad because I truly believe she is in a better place and will be happier free of pain. I will miss her, though, and I feel sad for my dad and his siblings because I'm sure that whatever your age it must be hard to lose a parent.

That's all for now.

Hi Val,
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Give your Dad a hug. I bet it is tough for him.

Glad to hear your appetite is returning!
Sundie

Hi Val!
smilie_schwanger1.gif
How are you feeling today? Please share your good doctor's report when you get back on Tuesday! I will have an update waiting when I get back! :wave:

Hi Val,

Stopping by to say hi and to see how you and the baby are doing. :wave: Take good care of you and have a great weekend! :grouphug:

Val, I've gotten all caught up on your journal and I hope you're over the worst of your morning sickness. I know when I was sick, the days just crawled by. :rolleyes: Once that was over, I felt fabulous for the rest of the pregnancy (or up until the last few weeks anyway ;) ).

Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday! :sunny:

:hug: Val,

I am sorry for the loss of your grandmother. I think the way you honored her was very nice. I will say a prayer for your family.

I am glad you are feeling better. You take caro of that little one and yourself too!

Have a good evening,'
Beth

Hi Val!
Just checking to see how you and the baby are doing. Stop by and fill us in on the doctor's visit when you get a chance! Inquiring minds want to know! ::yes::

:wave: Hi all,
Thanks for checking in on me. I'm sorry I haven't been around much but it just feels like the little things around the house have been taking me much longer lately and I've also found I need a little afternoon snooze when I can catch one. All of that really cuts into my DIS time unfortunately :D .

Everything is going well here. The worst of the morning sickness has left but it's old friend heartburn has taken it's place. I'd much rather deal with the heartburn though.

My appointment went well. I am up a couple pounds from last appointment but I'm still three down from my starting point so I'm not counting that as gain. They couldn't get the baby's heartbeat with the little doohickie they have so I had another ultrasound. Saw the baby again and it looks so much bigger! It was putting it's arms over it's face in protest of the U/S wand.

I have a quick appointment on Feb. 10 to check bp and baby heartbeat again and then two weeks after that I'll have the big ultrasound where they may be able to see the baby's sex. DH wants a girl and DS wants a boy. I'm at the point where I'll be happy either way :D .

We're snowed in here and will be until tomorrow evening. It's kind of nice to have everyone home and not to have to go anywhere. I just hope we don't lose power. Take care all :wave: .

Hi Val!!!

Can you believe that I don't have any NKOTB tapes??? I would have loved to put some music on and dance around the house, but I couldn't. It was funny though because I saw a brief article in an old People magazine about Joey and Jordan today.

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. Are you going to tell people what the sex of the baby is? We always told everyone the sex of the baby, but we waited on the names until they were born.

Take good care of you!

YEAH, Val! I am so glad to hear you had a good checkup at the doctor's. It's fun getting those extra ultrasounds because you get a better idea of the changes and growing that's going on. :)
Sorry about the heartburn. I was bothered with it when I was carrying my ds. My doctor's wife had it so bad, she carried Milk of Magnesia with her and chugged it from the bottle. Bleck. They have four boys! I found just sucking on a peppermint helped me.
Stay snug and warm with all of the snow!

Hi Val,

I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. I'm so glad the pregnancy is going well. I had horrible heartburn, and carried calcium enriched tums with me at all times. Drinkingmilk also helped.

I am praying that this pregnancy goes smoothly and you will have a happy healthy baby.

Take care,
Beth

Glad to hear all is going well, Val. Extra ultrasounds are fun! I only had one with DS and none with DD. They just couldn't find any good medical reason to do one. Sure wish I could have seen them more often instead of just watching my belly from the outside. :p

Take your time and try not to do as much. Your energy is needed to help that baby grow and not to make sure the house is clean. Get DH and DS to help out too! LOVE those afternoon naps! ::yes:: :love:

Have a wonderful Wednesday! :flower1: :daisy: :flower1:

Hi Val,

How are you doing, girl?? I hope that all is well with you and your baby! :grouphug:

I'm taking you up on your offer to :listen: and sending you a PM.

Let me know how you're doing, okay?! :grouphug:

:wave2: Hi everyone,
I think I have made a decision to take a break from the WISH board until after the baby is here. I haven't been devoting the time to it that I feel I should in order to be a good member. I do hope you will take me back though in a few months when I'm sure I'll need your help to get the post baby weight and then some off.

Please know that you all will be in my thoughts and prayers even while I'm not here. You are all such wonderful women and true inspirations.

I will still post here and there to keep those of you who would like to know up to date on how things are going with the baby. I had an appointment today and all is going fine. I'm still down a pound from my starting weight which is a-okay with me. I know I have enough extra on me and the dr. hasn't mentioned being concerned that I haven't gained any so I'm not either.
All my pants however, are too small. Time to get some of those lovely maternity pants this weekend ;) .

Hi val,

I completely understand about not having enough time to keep up. Please do keep us posted on your progress. We'll also expect to see pictures. Come back when you have the chance.

Take care,
Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter