Val's Journal (comments welcome)

:sunny: Hi all,
Thought I would do an update since we found out we are having a girl princess: . I don't know that I quite believe it just yet so I hope they can confirm again but we did get a pretty clear "view" ;) . We've decided to name her Katrina.

I still haven't gained any weight and am down two pounds from my starting weight. The dr. isn't too concerned since I feel that I have been eating. I just don't have a big appetite and find that keeping my portions smaller help with my nausaua (that is STILL hanging around once in a while). The belly sure is getting bigger though and baby is measuring perfectly so I am not worrying about gaining weight. The less I need to lose is the way I look at it :) .

I hope everyone is doing well.

YEAH!! Val's having a princess: !!!

I love the name Katrina! What does it mean? Have you picked out her middle name yet?

Please be sure and take extra special, super duper, wonderful care of both of you! :grouphug:

:wave2: Hi Tracy,
The name actually means pure and virginal . I had a list of about 20 names and DH just really liked that one. DS also likes it because it rhymes with ballarina (that was his choice of name for a girl :earboy2: ). I wanted something that was unusual but not strange sounding or hard to pronounce or spell.

I'm thinking maybe Marie for a middle names since that is DMIL's middle name but I don't know how well that will go over with my mother :rolleyes1 ... So we haven't decided yet.

Yeah! Val ias having a new disney princess: !!!

I love the name Katrina. It was actually on our short list. Of course, Won's suggestion was Pez. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Thank God I had veto power.

Take extra good care of yourslef and the princess: .
Beth

:wave: Hi Beth,
Thanks for stopping by :) . My DH was really set on Amber. It's a fine name but all I could think of was Amber Frey. Nope, don't think so ;).

Hi Val gal!

Stopping by to say hello and to see how you and Katrina are doing. princess: I hope everyone is doing well! Take good care of you, Val! :grouphug:

:wave2: Hi Wish friends,
Thought I would post an update since I haven't been here in a while. Only 6 more weeks to go though and this baby will be born and I will be back like a bad rash ;) .

So far I have only gained 9 pounds with this pregnancy. Not too bad at all. A couple of weeks ago I was diagnosed with gest. diabetes though. Not much fun. I have been testing my blood and sticking to the dietary guidelines that they gave and it has been staying in check pretty well. I'm actually finding I have more energy since I am eating healthier which is a little plus :) . I think I will try to stick to the plan even after the baby is born since it's very simple to follow and just basically involves watching how many carbs you eat at a time and making sure you get enough protein.

We STILL haven't gotten another confirmation that we are having a girl yet. I think we will be out of time soon since she will be here before we know it! I will have a ton of stuff to exchange if she comes out a boy :earseek: .

My DS who is 5 will be having his tonsils and adnoids removed along with tubes in his ears on Tuesday. Poor little guy. I'm worried about my baby being under anesthesia and being in pain after the surgery.

My MIL has also been in the hospital and was just released on Friday. She had pancreatitis. Then last night we got word that DH's grandmother had a stroke and is now hospitalized. When it rains it pours :umbrella: .

Well, that is all from my end right now. I think about you all all the time :goodvibes . Hope all is well :grouphug: .

Hi Val!

It is so good to hear from you, girl! :teeth: I'm glad to hear that you and your baby are doing well. :grouphug: Just a few more weeks now! :teeth:

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL and your DH's grandma. If you get a chance, please let us know how your DS's surgery goes today, okay? :grouphug: and prayers are being sent for your entire family.

Take good care of you, Val! :grouphug:

Hi Val,

Boy do you have stress right now or what!?! I will say a prayer for your little one. I know they say it is a routine surgery, but nothing is routine when it is your baby. :hug: I will also say prayers for MIL and DH grandmother. You take extra good care of yourself. I had g. diabetes as well with Katie. It is smart to stay on that program after because there is a higher incidence for type 2 diabetes, if you have had gest. diabetes. Just something to keep in mind.

Take care and keep us posted.
:hug:
Beth

:wave2: Hi Beth and Tracy,
Thanks for stopping by and sending prayers :) . The surgery went very well and DS is eating almost normally today. Sometimes I can't believe how kids can bounce back from things. Everyone is out of the hospital now although DH's aunt who lives with DMIL fell down the stairs the night before DS's surgery so DMIL was in the E.R. with her until 3:30 a.m. . Hopefully everyone has had their turn now and things will calm down at least until the baby comes ;) .

Hey Val!

Just stopping by to say hi and to see how you are doing. :hug: Just a few more weeks now and your baby girl will be here! :Pinkbounc princess:

Take care Val! :hug:

:wave2: Hey Tracy,
Thanks for stopping by! Just a little over two weeks left until the baby will be here (July 12th). I can't believe it has gone so fast :cool1: .

:wave2: Hi Val!!!

Just a few more days now..... :Pinkbounc princess:

We are keeping you, the baby, and your family in our prayers! :grouphug: Take care, Val! :hug:

Congratulations Val!!!! :Pinkbounc

The link with the pictures wouldn't open up for me, but I bet your daughter is absolutely beautiful! princess: I'm glad to hear that you and
Katrina are doing well. :goodvibes

I am so sorry to hear about your DH's grandmother. :( You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, Val. :grouphug:

Here she is :) :

100_0410.jpg

100_0422.jpg

Oh Val,:hug:

Your Katrina is absolutely beautiful! princess: Thank you for sharing her pictures with us. :goodvibes

How are the two of you doing? How are your DS and DH doing? I hope that everything is going well for all of you. ::yes::

Take care, Val! :hug:

:wave2:

Your daughter is absolutely adorable.

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter