Vero treasures and hidden secrets

Anyone ever gone to Cape Canaveral while staying at VB (or otherwise.) Still planning our our August trip and would love some input on this. Thanks.

TW1 said:
Anyone ever gone to Cape Canaveral while staying at VB (or otherwise.) Still planning our our August trip and would love some input on this. Thanks.

I'm sure someone has! I plan to next January. I think it's about 45 minutes drive.

Also, what was the age range? Did you sign you DS up at check in?

TIA
Paula in CT

pirate:

TW1 said:

We want to do this next month while we are at Vero Beach.
DJ

Anyone ever gone to Cape Canaveral while staying at VB (or otherwise.)
Yes, we did this last June. We stayed at VB for three nights prior to a cruise on the Wonder, and decided to use one of our days to take the kids to KSC. (Yeah, like Dad here didn't want to got to! :teeth: ) It is 78 miles from Disney's Vero Beach Resort to KSC...So, depending on driving habits and traffic levels, it should take about an hour and fifteen minutes or so to get there. We all enjoyed it, and really enjoyed our entire (too short) time at VB.

Desperado said:
There is a shooting range on the way to Vero Beach that appears to be for pistol shooting. I've never shot a weapon there so I don't know what the safety precautions are or the availability and oversight of a good range officer is at the range. But I've seen the signs on the way to the Vero resort. It doesn't seem like it is very far from the resort. It's between I-95 and Route 1 when taking the subastian exit. I don't know if rental firearms are available at the range either.

This may interest some who target shoot:

http://www.ircgov.com/Departments/General_Services/Shooting_Range/Index.htm

And some info on the town just north:

http://sebastianfl.areaguides.net/

Can anyone tell me the internet situation at Vero? Do they have inroom internet access? How much is it? Are you better off with dial up?

Thanks.

Bumping up , because ...

1- it has great info

2- I'm at work right now and can't save anything to my computer and won't be able to find this thread if I dont bump it <G>

Thanks to everyone adding all these tips and treasures !!!

Thanks Boston for digging this old buried treasure up. We'll be hitting Vero in August this year and are really looking forward to it.

We enjoyed a Mexican restaurant called Ay Jalisco while in VB. It was in a little strip shopping center (not walking distance). The prices were great. We did not like the marinated beef, but everything else was delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter