• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

VMK Central Closing in Disneyland New Update Yavn Speaks!!

Here is what has become of VMK Disneyland..

disneylandfathersday062ci7.jpg

Nemo souvies...

Oh, so very sad. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Here is what has become of VMK Disneyland..

disneylandfathersday062ci7.jpg

Nemo souvies...

Bah. There's already a little store right across from that selling Star Wars and Nemo stuff. *glares at the Disneyland planning people*

I am waiting for some loyal VMK fan leaves a rose on the spot where VMK Central used to be :thumbsup2

I found some information online in an article dated 6/12 by the editor of MiceAge regarding the future of Innoventions. Maybe this is old news to you all, I don't know. Bear in mind this info. is NOT from an official Disney Company website, so take it with a grain of salt. I'll cut and paste the applicable part of the article. Here goes:

"Meanwhile, over in Tomorrowland, the lawyers from Burbank and the lawyers from Seattle finally agreed on a contract for the Microsoft takeover of Innoventions (remember we discussed this ages ago?). The software giant will take over the entire lower floor and remake the revolving platform lobbies into a “House of Tomorrow” exhibit, and the word is that this time Innoventions will actually showcase technology not already available at Best Buy or even Big Lots. The upstairs exhibits will all also be tweaked and updated, (Siemens was the first) and the whole thing should be worth at least a look around when it’s done."

So..........could this new sponsorship of Innoventions have something to do with VMK's closure at Disneyland?

So..........could this new sponsorship of Innoventions have something to do with VMK's closure at Disneyland?

Could be :confused3 but I don't know why a software company would want to close down a computer game ... sounds bad for business if you ask me!

Does this mean VMK is going to end?

No. The game continues going strong – and we've got some exciting additions coming in the next few months – so stay tuned! Plus, you can still go Questing in-Park at Walt Disney World.

Yavn lied.

The dissicion was definatly not made then and no one knew that vmk would be ending.

Not the issue.

Now Yavn is saying that they had always intended that VMK not "last forever." A year ago, the story was, to paraphrase, "well, the in-park quests were never intended to last forever, but the game is still intended to go on indefinitely."

Now it's, "hey, you knew this was coming, right?"

Very interesting to note that his announcement about VMK Central was published on May 21st last year. Familiar date, anyone?

So sad............. So very sad!!! Has someone included this yavm speaks in our messages to disney?

Maybe negotiations for rights has become a major annual issue that rears its ugly head the third week of May. Should we maybe be sending nastygrams to Sulake?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter