• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

VMK Central Closing in Disneyland New Update Yavn Speaks!!

Bugdozer

<font color=royal blue>One day at a time.<br>Yeste
5/21UPDATE! It's time for another edition of Yavn Speaks, this week some major VMK news so fasten your seat belts.

You Came and You Played

I hope you're enjoying the new Pirates of the Caribbean Quest, and the rewards of multiple Quest completion – we've had a lot of fun creating these in-Park Quests but as the old saying goes, all good things must come to an end… so it's with a heartfelt sigh that I announce the in-Park Questing portion of VMK will be ending at Disneyland on June 3rd, 2007. Yep, when the Park closes on Sunday night, June 3rd, VMK Central will close and no longer redeem any Quest or distribute Rewards.
So hold on, before you start sending me and the Walt Disney Company hate mail, let me explain why this is happening. First of all, I'm sure many of you will remember the VMK Tour, the Fantasyland Quest and other VMK in-Park Quest and Rewards – then you'll remember that we've continued to change the way the program has run over time. Secondly, the in-Park Quest and Rewards were only meant to be temporary – in fact, we've gone well beyond the original time we planned to run the Quest and Rewards in-Park at Disneyland.
The game is still enormously successful and continues to run strong – and you'll still be able to Quest in-Park at Walt Disney World – but VMK, like Disneyland and our other Parks is constantly changing. Our thanks go out to all the Players and Cast Members that have supported the program over the last few years – and remember we will still continue the in-Park Quest and Rewards program at Walt Disney World.
I'm sure you have questions, that's why I've prepared this handy Q&A:

Why is this happening?

VMK was launched for the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland. The game has been enormously successful but the in-Park Quest and Rewards were only meant to be temporary – we've gone well beyond the original time we planned to run the Quest and Rewards in-Park at Disneyland.

Can I turn in Quest to Disneyland after VMK Central is gone?
No.

Can I take my Disneyland Quest to Walt Disney World?
No. Walt Disney World doesn't have the same rewards or a system in place to take the Disneyland Quest.

When is the last day I can play or redeem a Quest at Disneyland?
The last day you can play or redeem a Quest at Disneyland is June 3rd.

So I won't be able to get any more VMK Cards at Disneyland?
The regular Reward Cards that you receive as prizes for completing Quest won't be available after June 3rd, but there will still be select merchandise locations (like The Magic Shop on Main Street) that will have merchandise cards (like the Magic Mirror) available at those locations. Look for more announcements related to this program in the future.

Does this mean VMK is going to end?

No. The game continues going strong – and we've got some exciting additions coming in the next few months – so stay tuned! Plus, you can still go Questing in-Park at Walt Disney World.

Your Comments – Answered
Did you notice that the reward for the print-from-home Tomorrowland Quest, the Inner-Space Suit Magic Spell is now non-tradable? Or how about that you can now nominate a Best Game/Quest or Guest Room? Just click Contact Us (located at the bottom of any VMK webpage) follow the prompts, and then select 'Nominate the Best' from the list of options. These are changes we making in response to your suggestions to make VMK better!
I should also remind you that we're still deleting accounts – so if you've got a VMK account that hasn't been played in a while, you should log on to keep the account active. Once we delete accounts there's no way we can recover your character or your stuff, so stay connected and keep your account VMK live.
One more thing to mention – we aren't taking any applications for Community Leaders right now. If you see a new Community Leader that application came from a pool of applications that were taken before we stopped taking CL applications.
*END UPDATE*

Bug

VMK Newsletter said:
5/21 – UPDATE! It's time for another edition of Yavn Speaks, this week some major VMK news so fasten your seat belts.

You Came and You Played

I hope you're enjoying the new Pirates of the Caribbean Quest, and the rewards of multiple Quest completion – we've had a lot of fun creating these in-Park Quests but as the old saying goes, all good things must come to an end… so it's with a heartfelt sigh that I announce the in-Park Questing portion of VMK will be ending at Disneyland on June 3rd, 2007. Yep, when the Park closes on Sunday night, June 3rd, VMK Central will close and no longer redeem any Quest or distribute Rewards.

So hold on, before you start sending me and the Walt Disney Company hate mail, let me explain why this is happening. First of all, I'm sure many of you will remember the VMK Tour, the Fantasyland Quest and other VMK in-Park Quest and Rewards – then you'll remember that we've continued to change the way the program has run over time. Secondly, the in-Park Quest and Rewards were only meant to be temporary – in fact, we've gone well beyond the original time we planned to run the Quest and Rewards in-Park at Disneyland.

The game is still enormously successful and continues to run strong – and you'll still be able to Quest in-Park at Walt Disney World – but VMK, like Disneyland and our other Parks is constantly changing. Our thanks go out to all the Players and Cast Members that have supported the program over the last few years – and remember we will still continue the in-Park Quest and Rewards program at Walt Disney World.

I'm sure you have questions, that's why I've prepared this handy Q&A:

Why is this happening?

VMK was launched for the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland. The game has been enormously successful but the in-Park Quest and Rewards were only meant to be temporary – we've gone well beyond the original time we planned to run the Quest and Rewards in-Park at Disneyland.

Can I turn in Quest to Disneyland after VMK Central is gone?

No.

Can I take my Disneyland Quest to Walt Disney World?

No. Walt Disney World doesn't have the same rewards or a system in place to take the Disneyland Quest.

When is the last day I can play or redeem a Quest at Disneyland?

The last day you can play or redeem a Quest at Disneyland is June 3rd.

So I won't be able to get any more VMK Cards at Disneyland?

The regular Reward Cards that you receive as prizes for completing Quest won't be available after June 3rd, but there will still be select merchandise locations (like The Magic Shop on Main Street) that will have merchandise cards (like the Magic Mirror) available at those locations. Look for more announcements related to this program in the future.

Does this mean VMK is going to end?

No. The game continues going strong – and we've got some exciting additions coming in the next few months – so stay tuned! Plus, you can still go Questing in-Park at Walt Disney World.

Your Comments – Answered
Did you notice that the reward for the print-from-home Tomorrowland Quest, the Inner-Space Suit Magic Spell is now non-tradable? Or how about that you can now nominate a Best Game/Quest or Guest Room? Just click Contact Us (located at the bottom of any VMK webpage) follow the prompts, and then select 'Nominate the Best' from the list of options. These are changes we making in response to your suggestions to make VMK better!

I should also remind you that we're still deleting accounts – so if you've got a VMK account that hasn't been played in a while, you should log on to keep the account active. Once we delete accounts there's no way we can recover your character or your stuff, so stay connected and keep your account VMK live.

One more thing to mention – we aren't taking any applications for Community Leaders right now. If you see a new Community Leader that application came from a pool of applications that were taken before we stopped taking CL applications.

*END UPDATE*

I don't even know what to say besides I am very upset and disappointed by this. We go to Disneyland 3-4 times a year because we enjoy getting all the quest items and now that we can't get them the Disney Co. definately won't be getting as much money from me each year.

Arg! I was going to Disneyland in June with full intention of doing tons of quests! I cant make it that early in june thanks to rent and bills! Stupid money.

Well that totally sucks. That is the one thing I really looked forward to when we go to Disneyland is doing the new quests and getting the new stuff. It doesn't seem fair that they are keeping the quests going at WDW.:confused3
Disneyland is the original.:wizard:

Unbelievable, it just doesn't make sense to me. Next thing you know, the prizes from in park quests and in game quests will be untradeable. Oh wait, they already did that too.

This is a real blow and completly unexpected.

PirateEmery will be extremely upset.

I feel sorry for all that live near DLR. :hug:

What?! That's insane! And he said he would explain, but I don't get the explanation. Sorry to all you DL ppl. This seems so wrong!

Why would they do that?! :mad: :mad: :mad: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: It just doesn't make sense. Just an out of the blue blow to the stomach. I'm very very upset by this. The only thing im wondering is that how long does VMK Central at WDW have?

I probably wouldn't be upset over it IF they had stopped it at both Disneyland and WDW but no we get screwed here because we go to Disneyland and don't pay thousands of dollars to vacation in WDW. UGH! I'm annoyed with this since they just started the season cards and won't be able to get the rest now. Plus on top of it since we just did the quests we can't go do them one last time at least before it closes. UGH! Better tell hubby so we can go use those Fastpasses we have waiting before they close it. I don't get it. No REAL reason for closing the one here and not the WDW one either which is not cool. I can understand if this stuff wasn't suppose to be there for good but then why put up a whole booth for it like they did and why only one park to keep it going? This stinks. I want to know who to write/talk to besides the contact us on VMK page. I am not going to bother those poor CMs at DL since they won't know and are going to get hammered with complaints and mad guests. I'm very dissappointed in this. Part of the fun of the game for me has been the quests in and out of game. :sad1: :confused: :sad2:

Wasn't the point of VMK to advertise the PARKS? This makes no sense, I really don't care if this was supposed to be a 50th celebration treat, maybe they should have warned everyone a while back. I live way to far from both parks, and this summer we planned on going to DLR.

I just want to say, before it gets too ugly, that I am sure this is not something that Yavn had ANY say in... VMK cental takes up a big space in inoventions and I am sure that has something to do with it.... So please, no Yavn bashing here...

I think Peri said it best... This is a real blow and completly unexpected.

I've never been to DLR, so this wouldn't personally affect me, but I am not very happy about this. This is a VERY poor move. I'm really not liking some of the decisions VMK has made lately.

I just want to say, before it gets too ugly, that I am sure this is not something that Yavn had ANY say in... VMK cental takes up a big space in inoventions and I am sure that has something to do with it.... So please, no Yavn bashing here...

I haven't been in Innoventions in along time and can imagine VMK is one of the main reasons anyone would go in there but really the booth they have to pass out cards is outside of it not in that building. Which if they are taking that away as well in DL then we better get over there and make those the in park character for my son as well before it all goes. UGH! This is just so wrong.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Guess next week will be my first and last questing opportunity at Disneyland.

Yavn talks like they are expecting to receive a lot of hate mail over this. Why not prove them wrong and just write requesting that they re-think the idea. Lots of positive imput will do more than ranting about how we will not go to Disneyland anymore.

Personally I will still go to Disneyland with or without VMK quests, but I still am very disappointed.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

This is a VERY poor move. I'm really not liking some of the decisions VMK has made lately.

I 100% totally agree with you. This decision is just crazy. Do they not realize how much money the VMK players bring to the park, that they now are going to lose because of this decision. Are they trying to get more rare items in the game or just get people frustrated with the game so they quit playing like so many others already have?

Redsfan

Agreed..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter