VMK Central Closing in Disneyland New Update Yavn Speaks!!

I think the most shocking part is how much advance notice was given.

I think the person who had an idea about a player's advisory counsel would be very beneficial at a time like this.

I'm sure it all boiled down to $ and cents. Hopefully there will be real tangible vmk merchandise offered in it place ;)

I do agree. There needs to be a players advisory counsel of some sort. I think one for Disneyland and then one for WDW. They have advisory counsels for merchandise why not this? I would gladly apply for it and help get voices heard...as I'm sure lots of us would.

I am completely shocked. I can only imagine how I would feel if quests were cancelled at WDW and not at DLR. :( I know VMK is a big reason why I go to the parks. Bad, bad decision VMK. :sad2:

WOW - I, too, am shocked.

I was planning a DLR trip at Christmas time to finally get some holiday items. Guess I don't need to go now.?

It seems unfair to quit the quests at DLR and leave them be at WDW - I wonder if the change over in staff Yavn mentioned a while back has something to do with this decision? Are they moving the operations to Florida?

WOW is all I can say. This is really too bad.

Me and my friend will be arriving at DLR.. yeah you guessed it. June 3rd. Yes we are lucky we get there the day it ends but that means we have to do a bunch of quest in one day! ROFL =D

The only thing im wondering is that how long does VMK Central at WDW have?
A very reasonable question at this point. I think we can no longer assume anything is safe.
OMG! :scared1:

:grouphug: To all those close to DLR or planning to go for quests.
Thanks. We really can use that right now! :(
After all look at the pirate pins. I am wondering if they need to bring money in to keep this game free. Is this a test run to see if we are willing to shell out money to get the items both real and virtual.
Yes, I think you're absolutely right. They can still bring in money from the sale of VMK-related items, both in the park and by mail order.

What I believe they are overlooking is how many people buy annual passes or regular tickets mainly for VMK purposes. They may be shocked at how much revenue they lose from this.
Who's to say they won't just end the game just as quickly as the closing of VMK central. Right now nothing would surprise me....
Again, I don't think we can assume anything is safe.
The computers at VMK Central actually WORK, unlike what I've heard about the WDW ones. They don't need to save any space in Innoventions, because VMK is the only thing that makes Innoventions worth VISITING.
Yes, I was surprised how awful the computers at WDW were compared to DLR.

In all honesty, though, ever since the tours were discontinued, the VMK cave at Innoventions is like a ghost town most of the time. VMK should have either placed the booth inside permanently, or found another draw to get players in there. I can understand why Disney would want to utilize that space for other things now.

We all have known for quite a while that VMK is a Disney marketing tool. Still, it was far too easy to believe that we as players had some significance. Guess we've already served our purpose.....

Hi,

With everyhting being said I must admit that i sadly feel that WDW days of in park quests are limited too and will probably come to an end someday just like this.

We are in the process of planning our very first ever trip to Disneyland and when the news broke about the quest going and VMK central I was instantly asked by a VMK friend if I would cancel going now. I adore VMK but that is not why I am going to the park. It is a great bonus and keeps the magic going when I am home but I am still planning on going to Disneyland in April-i will not change that over cards.

I was going to Disney parks long before VMK and will be going long after VMK runs it course. It is just sad that such little notice was given and I feel bad for those who got to Disneyland.

I also agree with bearz and think that Yavn had no say in this and I hope we all realize that decisions might have been made way above the VMK team heads.

((Hugs)):grouphug: :grouphug: to all those this affects,

Bug

I think this shows us what Yavn and vmk think of us as people!!
They have been planing this for a while now!! They give you less then two weeks to get to DLR to do the quest..and oh by the way we are no longer doing them at DLR! But hey.. you can hurry on over to WDW and do it there???? WHat about the people who were planning a trip to DLR...(like my sister) this summer!
It will stop her from coming.. See we should have been connecting the dots here..lets see.. there was no new quest out in time spring vocations for the people who went even though they keep telling us they were coming! Yavn's been to busy to write his newsltter every week as has had! See I for one have really been hooked on Yavns newsletter waiting paiently for each week to see what else he had to tell us... But I just never saw this coming!!

I think why everyone is so angry..is how come just DLR and not WDW? They can't believe that we believe them when they say it for the 50th.. well then one they should have said that..and two.. again then why is still going WDW??? Oh yea they saw this
coming when Yavn said..now don't get upset and send hate mail!
Well he never really explained why they are making WDW so special???? I just am so mad at Yavn and vmk!!!

I also agree with bearz and think that Yavn had no say in this and I hope we all realize that decisions might have been made way above the VMK team heads.

Yes, I am sure that this decison was not in the hands of Yavn. If DLR wants to utilize that space for something else, they most certainly will. I am hoping that VMK will go on for years to come. Hopefully they will be implementing a program like the very successful Pirate Pin series.

Well lets all get the quest and stuff stocked up now! And even though this might be crazy, sometime those well chairs will be rare, and get some extras of those while you are there! Hugs to all this is affecting!

are you freakin joking me?!?! this totally sucks! one of the perks of going to disneyland was getting new cards for vmk! i have no plans soon or ever to go to WDW...I would love to go there but when you live on the other side of the country it is kind of hard! man this stinks!!

That is the worst move VMK has ever made. Great job, VMK. Now I will NEVER get my quest stuff!

Yes, I am sure that this decison was not in the hands of Yavn. If DLR wants to utilize that space for something else, they most certainly will. I am hoping that VMK will go on for years to come. Hopefully they will be implementing a program like the very successful Pirate Pin series.

The space they have the booth in for picking up the quests and turning them in is outside in a small spot. Its not like it takes up much room out there. I don't see the need for another vendor cart. And inside Innoventions, no matter what is put in there it doesn't bring anyone really in there. Plus I don't see where it says its taking out the stuff inside Innoventions. Just that they won't have the quests anymore and being giving those cards out at DL. I am curious though to see if they are going to get rid of what is in Innoventions so that no one can make in-park characters anymore and such. Just incase I will go over and get my son set up with a character made there and make one or 2 myself.

And I am not going to assume either way if Yavn has a say in this but I will say that I am sure he is part of the decision. Its just he doesn't get full say and Disney has been known to favor WDW. Which its another thing showing that.

The space they have the booth in for picking up the quests and turning them in is outside in a small spot. Its not like it takes up much room out there. I don't see the need for another vendor cart. And inside Innoventions, no matter what is put in there it doesn't bring anyone really in there. Plus I don't see where it says its taking out the stuff inside Innoventions. Just that they won't have the quests anymore and being giving those cards out at DL. I am curious though to see if they are going to get rid of what is in Innoventions so that no one can make in-park characters anymore and such. Just incase I will go over and get my son set up with a character made there and make one or 2 myself.

I was totally wondering this too! Now the smart thing they could do is set something inside Innoventions where the VMK computers are. They use to have a game there which a cast member would run. It would be better if they did it inside Innoventions cause when I do go in there people have no idea what the heck VMK is. The whole thing is screwed up.

That's gonna save me a ton of money this summer. It had been my plan to go away every other weekend and spend the ones where we stay home hanging out at the beach house. The kids, however, want to go to Disneyland. Taking away VMK eliminates the urgent need to renew when our passes expire in June. Instead, I can renew them in the Fall, after football season, leaving my weekends free for non-Disney stuff for a change.

I am in the exact same boat as you.

Redsfan

I thought I'd never find another DISer here :D
Anyways, maybe when I'm 18..- if I still play vmk -. I can fly down to Florida and go to WDW for my first time. I just wonder why they're taking it down.. I mean, does Disney know how many people this affects? But on the bright side, I won't have to bug my family about turning in the quests anymore

Somehow...

This doesn't really come as a surprise to me. Other than a few rare occasions and nice CM's, I have never really been impressed with the way VMK central at DLR has been run. I was the unfortunate friend with Diva of Dragons who was denied the Mickey Television card upon completion of the 3 quests.

We live within a stones throw of DLR, and we (family and friends) have always enjoyed spending the time doing the quests and getting the rewards. Like many here it's a big reason we've been renewing our AP's the last couple of years. And while I think VMK'rs spend a great deal of money both in and out of park (my family included), I think it's probably a very tiny amount in the grand scheme of things. Honestly, does Disney really care if a few hundred players of their 'free' online game spend a few less dollars? I don't think its going to hurt their wallet.

It sucks, but I think some perspective is important. Only time will tell what new and interesting things Yavn and crew have in store, and I for one will continue to enjoy VMK and Disneyland for what they are...a nice diversion from reality.

Me and my friend will be arriving at DLR.. yeah you guessed it. June 3rd. Yes we are lucky we get there the day it ends but that means we have to do a bunch of quest in one day! ROFL =D

Isn't it lovely that DIS provides the answers though? :)

:guilty: OMG! OMG!!Why Why Why? The outside of VMK Central is my backround on my laptop right now.. I just went to disney and now they're closing it.. :sad2: :rolleyes: :guilty: :rolleyes: Why staff? PLEASE WHY

IVE JUST NOTICED DISNEY Will have like a HUGE SLOPE decrease in the amount of people going there, now that there are no more quests, and such.. :sad2: :teacher: :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter