Vmk Closing May 21 Cry

I haven't had time to read all the messages here or the other threads but honestly I think some of us knew this was coming at some point. We just thought it was going to happen sooner then this. What I don't like is that they use the excuse of the 50th anniversary as why the game was made and such. To me that just didn't go and still doesn't. I am sorry to see that it will be gone even though I have lost interest lately in it. It was fun while it lasted. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Yeah... though I knew this day was coming up soon (I did guess within the year), it doesn't make it any less saddening.

I was looking through old pics and came across this one. Just made me sad. :sad2:

2008.jpg

I have the same one :(

Cardinal, however, is a celebrity and demands to be treated as one.

Could you please send me your autograph :) So I can post in in my disney office. Oh the one my hubby made for me because VMK reegnited my love of disney again. I will paste it over the pics of VMK I have on my wall.

I can't see vmk close. It will just break my heart, I dont want it to close. We have to keep the magic alive, disney can't do this to us. :(

Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Closing May 21st

VMK will cease to operate and close its virtual gates on May 21st, 2008 at 10PM PST.

According to the official site, VMK was created and launched as part of a promotion to celebrate Disneyland's 50th Anniversary. In part due to VMK's success, the game/promotion was extended, however the time has come to end the promotion. For further information visit the VMK Closing FAQ

Posted: Tue 4/8/2008 6:39a

This hit me hard. I had a feeling this was coming up once they started advertising for toontown. [which by the way is not nearly as fun as vmk is] I have made some great friends on vmk that i will never forget. wow, i really am going to miss going to the sci fi theater, exploring thunder mountain and scrambling to get in the host events not to mention all the other things that a person could do in vmk. I would like a real reason why vmk is closing. Has may 08' the set zero hour for vmk closure? Or did the blackheart quest do the staff in? Anyways, hats off to the vmk staff and crew for putting in the maximum effort for almost 3 years making the vmk experience a truely memorable one.

How many players remembered or knew it was only a promotion when they became emotionally attached? Is it the players fault for doing so? That's part of the problem with human nature for sure.

Ban me if you want VMK but you can find me on Pirates I am SneekyTiki on Pirates of The Caribbean. On Club Penguin I am Peachy Tiki. Some of you I have already met RoyalCoralQeen and SparklePixie on Pirates. For those who do not play other games I encourage you to join in the fun. I know it is sad but we can be together if we play other games together.

If anything could induce me to play Pirates or Penguin, it would be the fact that you guys are there. I'm still not sure I will be, but that would certainly help. As busy as I am, VMK is quite often the only socializing I really do, and I consider you guys and a few others to be my friends, not just my "friends."

I still don't know how I'm going to soften the blow for my son. Yesterday was a hard, hard day, even before I heard the news. Today is about to get even harder...for other reasons besides this, but one fairly big thing I was absolutely dreading having to do is now completely insubstantial in the face of breaking this news to my little boy. Other parents? What are you doing? Have you found any possible alternatives to introduce them to?

Thank heaven I didn't allow him to have anyone on his friends list besides our family. At least he's spared losing that.

...Thank heaven I didn't allow him to have anyone on his friends list besides our family. At least he's spared losing that.

This sentence hit my heart. As a grown adult that knew somewhere deep inside that this day would come, I had tears in my eyes last night as I talked with 1 close VMK friend that I have never been able to locate outside of game. He and I have share so many wonderful talks about life's joys and curves. He has been a a partner in laughter and a shoulder of support over and over again for the last 2.5 years. My life will be a little less full when that friendship dies on May 21, 2008.

I have no idea how you explain that to a child when even as an adult I have tears down my cheek just from typing the above.

So it is official vmk has decided that despite poll results the new hidden mickey quest is going to be IMPOSSIBLE

I had tears in my eyes last night as I talked with 1 close VMK friend that I have never been able to locate outside of game. He and I have share so many wonderful talks about life's joys and curves. He has been a a partner in laughter and a shoulder of support over and over again for the last 2.5 years. My life will be a little less full when that friendship dies on May 21, 2008.

I hope he thinks to look for you on DISboards!

Perhaps there should be a simple list, stickied to the top of the forums here, matching VMK names with DISboards names (with each person's name being a link to send them email)!

Wow. I just don't know what to say. I haven't been playing nearly as much lately, but this just makes me so...sad.

Wow, vmk is closing :sad1: Well all I want to say
is that Vmk was like another world for me to open to...
I have Family issues and having what I thought to be "Good" friends
turn around and hate you.. Vmk let me forget about all that and let me
Have fun.
All i can say is that I'm going to miss Vmk. :(

-amiaa9

I just returned from a week in Las Vegas, eager to get back online and play some VMK when I read the news. How sad. I was just a casual player, more a game mule for my children, but it was good, clean fun.

I'm in shock, honestly. I'm very sad to say the least. I just started playing last year. What a year it was! I made lots of good friends and I worked very hard for what I've earned. I will truly miss VMK...

R.I.P VMK...

Wow! :eek:

Just want to say I have enjoyed many wonderful times on VMK, dancing with the Ladies of the Dis...crooning at the microphone...trying to get the "Last" word at closing...playing group games...and just hanging out with friends. I hope I get a chance to "see" some of you before RainierEars fades into the blackness of closing for the final time.

I will have to give credit to VMK for getting me here on the Disboards. I have enjoyed the ride. Thanks for all the memories.:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter