Vmk Closing May 21 Cry

Do not attend Host Events anymore.

Wear all black in VMK as a sign of protest.

Write to your local newspaper to spread the news.

No more morning lag
No more trading
No more friends

NO MORE LAVA BOY!!! :scared:

Well I should have know when Lily showed up to my game room yesterday. Never on big special events have I ever gotten a host visit. Should have know it was the end. :(

They were running 2 host events at the same time for the first time in modern history.

I'm holding on your rope,
Got me ten feet off the ground
I'm hearin' what you say but I just can't make a sound
You tell me that you need me
Then you go and cut me down, but wait
You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around, and say...

It's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late

I'd take another chance, take a fall
Take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat
But it's nothin new - yeah yeah
I loved you with a fire red-
Now it's turning blue, and you say...
"Sorry" like the angel heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid...

It's too late to apologize, yeah
I said it's too late to apologize, yeah-
I'm holdin on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground...

I'm holding on your rope,
Got me ten feet off the ground
I'm hearin' what you say but I just can't make a sound
You tell me that you need me
Then you go and cut me down, but wait
You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around, and say...

I'd take another chance, take a fall
Take a shot for you
And I need you like a heart needs a beat
But it's nothin new - yeah yeah
I loved you with a fire red-
Now it's turning blue, and you say...
"Sorry" like the angel heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid...

It's too late to apologize, yeah
I said it's too late to apologize, yeah-
I'm holdin on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground...

Omg I was thinking about that song too

Well, this is sickening. Just sickening. I don't know about anybody else, but I have a feeling that this is all a ploy to make us more willing to pay to play VMK. Watch them come back next month and say, "Well we've had a change of heart, but the only way we will be able to keep the game running is if we charge ten bucks a month." And people will pay it since the threat of losing VMK is so real and devastating. Cha-CHING for Disney.

But then again, maybe it's just me being in denial. :guilty: Either way, the news is devastating to me. I have no money right now and pretty sure I wouldn't be able to pay a monthly fee. And by the time I might be able to, they would have erased the character I've had since May 2005. Thank you VMK for breaking my heart.

I wonder if VMK intended from the start to close the game exactly 2 years and 363 days after they opened it.

I asked Fin if she was still going to have work and she said she didn't know. :sad1: Don't take it out on the hosts, please. They could be facing some tough times.

I was wondering about that too... While VMK is just a game for many of us, for the VMK staff, this is a real job. I hope they still have a job when this is all over.

I have edited out some lines to make this song more appropriate..

If you feel so empty
So used up, so let down
If you feel so angry
So ripped off, so stepped on
You're not the only one
Refusing to back down
You're not the only one
So get up

Let's start a riot, a riot
Let's start a riot
Let's start a riot

If you feel so walked on
So painful, so angry
You're not the only one
Refusing to go down
You're not the only one
So get up

Let's start a riot
Let's start a riot

If you feel so empty
So used up, so let down
If you feel so angry
Just get up

Let's start a riot
Let's start a riot

PLEASE DO NOT BLAME HOSTS!!

I was just in a room with Lily and she seems as much in shock as the rest of us. She told us the best thing to do is write Disney. She also said do not write VMK Disney "Contact Us"....rather right the higher ups.... like Disney Internet Group.

If you see the hosts, give them hugs and tell them thanks.
This is not the end, we can fight for this! WRITE WRITE WRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lily also said that anyone who has an outstanding club 33 party due to them will get it "even if I have to do them myself."

She also reminded all to stick with vmk values, for we wouldn't want to have a ban and not be able to enjoy the possible last weeks of the game.

Here are some screen shots:

lily2.jpg

lily1.jpg

lily3.jpg

I can't believe Disney would just crush so many people's dreams like this. I've made more friends on VMK than I have in real life...it's like my escape from reality. Anytime I had a hard day at school I always came onto VMK and it would make me feel better. And to see it just up and gone is like smashing all my dreams into pieces. :( :( :(

VMK got me through a lot of tough times, as it has MANY other DISers here. I started accumlating a ton of health problems for the past 2 years (I'm 23 now). I've had 2 surgeries, go to doctors quite often, and live on 7 pills a day. VMK helped me get through some of those issues because I had a chance to escape to a place where I really could be whoever I wanted to be, dress however I wanted to dress. I had some time to be the real me, a HEALTHY version of me, that I can't be in real life. I can't believe this is all being taken away (and I can't even imagine how much my feelings are multiplied when it comes to slinkyman and Bug).

Part of me still feels like a new player (it'll be around a year for me when it closes). But lately, I've started to feel more and more a part of this kingdom. I've been seeing MANY more DISers in game, through some trades or quests and such, and I've finally started feeling comfortable being more vocal and friendlier with them. Ninja's shell finally began to break. I mean, I went to JellyRolls's quest the other day and saw disva and Aengus. Haha, and the little girl in me was like, "WOW, those CELEBRITIES said HI TO ME!" Hehe. I know, I can be quite silly :)

I don't know if this is just me, but I think I would feel better if I could literally pick Ninja out of the monitor to "save" her along with her "sisters" (my mules, or as I call them, "my other me's"). As melodramatic as this may sound, this all feels like some sort of death. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter