VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Question- if we get to VB for early entry, will it be reasonable to expect to find chairs with umbrellas? I was thinking of booking premium or cabana, but it sounds like that will cut significantly into the low line time.

It will just be me and two kids who’ve never been. While one is a teen, the other is 11 and has some anxiety. I don’t think they’d want to go off by themselves without having been before, especially since I have no way to contact them once I have the spot. Or I guess I could try to convince them to meet me some place easily findable at a set time like an hour from when we part? Makes me a little nervous, mostly my 11 yo.

Question- if we get to VB for early entry, will it be reasonable to expect to find chairs with umbrellas? I was thinking of booking premium or cabana, but it sounds like that will cut significantly into the low line time.

It will just be me and two kids who’ve never been. While one is a teen, the other is 11 and has some anxiety. I don’t think they’d want to go off by themselves without having been before, especially since I have no way to contact them once I have the spot. Or I guess I could try to convince them to meet me some place easily findable at a set time like an hour from when we part? Makes me a little nervous, mostly my 11 yo.
I think you should be able to find chairs & shade during EE. The premium loungers and cabanas definitely cut into time, usually 30 minutes min.

I think you should be able to find chairs & shade during EE. The premium loungers and cabanas definitely cut into time, usually 30 minutes min.

How early should I plan to get there to be near the front of the people waiting for premium checkin? With EE only 1/2 hour (hoping that changes by the time I go), I don’t want to waste that precious time checking in. I’ve thought about just checking in after we ride a few rides but we will have our phones so need that locker in the chairs :( We are staying at SF so will have to take the bus from there (Adventura won’t be open to cut through). Not sure how early we can even do that. Have you used Premium seating recently? I‘m going with my 21 year old daughter early June. Our first visit to vb and the locker and food service are big draws for me. My happy place is by the pool with someone bringing me drinks and food to my chair usually at SF or RPR so I’m hoping this will become another happy place. Looking forward to giving it a try!

How early should I plan to get there to be near the front of the people waiting for premium checkin? With EE only 1/2 hour (hoping that changes by the time I go), I don’t want to waste that precious time checking in. I’ve thought about just checking in after we ride a few rides but we will have our phones so need that locker in the chairs :( We are staying at SF so will have to take the bus from there (Adventura won’t be open to cut through). Not sure how early we can even do that. Have you used Premium seating recently? I‘m going with my 21 year old daughter early June. Our first visit to vb and the locker and food service are big draws for me. My happy place is by the pool with someone bringing me drinks and food to my chair usually at SF or RPR so I’m hoping this will become another happy place. Looking forward to giving it a try!

We have used it on 4 trips. The most recent was last July. We are usually toward the front of the line to get in, if not at the very front. I assume it's been busier than last July. I was the first person to check in July, and it still took a while at least 15-20 minutes. That was probably the shortest it has ever taken. I usually check in and let my son and husband go ahead. There is only one spot where the loungers are, so it's very easy to meet back up with your party. I would plan on getting there at least 30 minutes before EE starts; 45 minutes to an hour is more ideal. I think the buses start at the latest about an hour before EE. They run every 15 minutes. I don't know if the buses are getting really full or not though with limited capacity. The locker is very nice, and so is the food service. I keep saying that I'm just going to get a regular chair, but every trip I end up getting premium seating.

Thank you!

I know you were concerned about meeting up with your kids, but the loungers are only in one location. It's very easy to find your group. In fact, the attendants will tell you where they are. You could show them the lounger area before, tell them to meet you back there in 10 or 15 minutes, and send them on their way while you get the lounger. You could also send them to Krakatau, the water coaster, where everyone goes first, and meet them there when you finish.

I know you were concerned about meeting up with your kids, but the loungers are only in one location. It's very easy to find your group. In fact, the attendants will tell you where they are. You could show them the lounger area before, tell them to meet you back there in 10 or 15 minutes, and send them on their way while you get the lounger. You could also send them to Krakatau, the water coaster, where everyone goes first, and meet them there when you finish.

Thank you, this is very helpful!

We reserved a cabana for our visit next month! It's our first time at Volcano Bay (so excited!!), and I have a question for the experienced folk --

Will our cabana have one dedicated server, or will it be a team?

TIA!

Maria :upsidedow

We are going to go to Volcano Bay this July for the first time. Family of 4 and are thinking of either doing express pass plus or getting a cabana? With the express pass plus, I see you get to ride each slide once. Does that include riding once on the slides that have two separate slides? So can you use it for Kala and once for Tai Nui or does it just include once for either one of those?

We are also staying on site at the Hard Rock, do you get to enter the park early if you are staying on site? How much can you get done during that time? Trying to figure out if the cabana or express passes will be the better option. The cost ends up being about the same.

We are going to go to Volcano Bay this July for the first time. Family of 4 and are thinking of either doing express pass plus or getting a cabana? With the express pass plus, I see you get to ride each slide once. Does that include riding once on the slides that have two separate slides? So can you use it for Kala and once for Tai Nui or does it just include once for either one of those?

We are also staying on site at the Hard Rock, do you get to enter the park early if you are staying on site? How much can you get done during that time? Trying to figure out if the cabana or express passes will be the better option. The cost ends up being about the same.

I don't know about the EP. It has changed since we last got it. Staying at HRH gets you Early Entry. It is currently 30 minutes. I don't know if it will change; it used to be 1 hour. You can actually get a decent amount done if you get there before the 30 minutes starts, dump your stuff quickly, and head to the rides.

Quick question, which has probably been answered somewhere but there are too many pages to go through. Are you allowed to bring anything on the slides with you? Like if I have a waterproof phone case (IE lanyard pouch kind)? Or to at least have my ID/a mask in a baggie if we want to go get an adult beverage.
I don't know what their officially policy is. When we were there last week, we found that it heavily depended on the slide and the attendant at the time.

You shouldn't have any problems finding chairs. We went during spring break and there were plenty of empty chairs around during EE.

FWIW, we had a cabana and were pleasantly surprised by how quick the check in process was. I didn't find that it cut into our time for EE at all, honestly. Wait times were still pretty low until around 11-11:30a.

You shouldn't have any problems finding chairs. We went during spring break and there were plenty of empty chairs around during EE.

FWIW, we had a cabana and were pleasantly surprised by how quick the check in process was. I didn't find that it cut into our time for EE at all, honestly. Wait times were still pretty low until around 11-11:30a.

I hope they did get their act together and improve the time to get the cabanas and chairs. That's great news!

We had both the EP+ and the cabana as I was expecting long lines due to spring break. I didn't find the EP+ worth it. Only Krakatau was long. Other wait times were typically 30 min or less all day. The convenience of the cabana was awesome, however.

I hope they did get their act together and improve the time to get the cabanas and chairs. That's great news!
I was pleasantly surprised! I think we only waited 10 min to check in at guest services and by the time we did, our attendant was already waiting for us.

What is the current policy regarding single riders? Precovid they would add a single rider to another group.

What is the current policy regarding single riders? Precovid they would add a single rider to another group.

I don't know for sure. I read on the boards that someone was asked if another party of 1 or 2 could join their small group on one of the family rafts. Those are by weight, and the other group didn't meet weight. I don't think they were forced but asked if it was OK.

Rescheduling Cabana and tickets? I have a Cabana booked and tickets for 4 of us for this coming Monday. Weather looks terrible. Before I call and wait on hold for 2 hours, Im wondering if anyone has recently rescheduled their tickets and Cabana? Is it the same number or do I have to reschedule Cabana first then call a different number to reschedule tickets ( assuming I can reschedule both of them)

What is the best way to get from Volcano Bay to the parks? Take the bus back to the parking garage or would it be better to take the bus to hard Rock or Royal Pacific and then walk over?

We reserved a cabana for our visit next month! It's our first time at Volcano Bay (so excited!!), and I have a question for the experienced folk --

Will our cabana have one dedicated server, or will it be a team?

TIA!

Maria :upsidedow

We had one guy that served us (and other cabanas as well.) You just put the flag up and they will come. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter