VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Do you need to pick out the photos after each ride or by end of day, or will they auto link to your photo card?

Do you need to pick out the photos after each ride or by end of day, or will they auto link to your photo card?

You go by the photo booth sometime during your trip but after you've had a ride photo, and they will link your taputapu to the photopass

There is no way to get Express Passes before entering the park, correct? If I go during early entry (staying on site), will they already be on sale or do I have to wait until the park opens? Also, where do I go inside to get them (is there a dedicated place for Express passes or does it share a place with say guest services or something)? Thanks!

Scratch what all I said !
I overlooked which thread I was in and I thought it was the theme parks I was a replying to

Volcano Bay has different policies and staying onsite does not give you free express passes!

I’ll delete my above post as don’t want anyone to be given wrong info

Sorry I messed up with giving incorrect info!

There is no way to get Express Passes before entering the park, correct? If I go during early entry (staying on site), will they already be on sale or do I have to wait until the park opens? Also, where do I go inside to get them (is there a dedicated place for Express passes or does it share a place with say guest services or something)? Thanks!
I thought you could buy it online or call. That’s what we have previously done.

You can purchase them online or by calling Universal. However you buy them, you'll just have to stop at Guest Services in the park to actually have them added to your tapu tapu.

Reading some trip reports on VB on another site is disappointing in terms of potential lines, wait times, availability of chairs(not planning on renting a cabana)😱😱. We would not be staying on site this particular time to take advantage of early entry. We are thinking of going non weekend on a Monday. Willing to get there as early we need to, but without the advantage of Early Entry , thinking it might be better for another triipnwhen we are staying onsite??? Not going on a Holiday, Spring break, nothing like that, actually thinking if going this coming Monday, May 24th.. Some are disgruntled with riding the bus, waiting for food like 1 and a half hours, etc.. Wondering if it is worth the $85 for the three of us, $255? Three adults, all love water parks.. this coming Monday, May 24th is listed as Moderately Busy on The Orlando Informer Crowd Calendar… TIA!😁

Reading some trip reports on VB on another site is disappointing in terms of potential lines, wait times, availability of chairs(not planning on renting a cabana)😱😱. We would not be staying on site this particular time to take advantage of early entry. We are thinking of going non weekend on a Monday. Willing to get there as early we need to, but without the advantage of Early Entry , thinking it might be better for another triipnwhen we are staying onsite??? Not going on a Holiday, Spring break, nothing like that, actually thinking if going this coming Monday, May 24th.. Some are disgruntled with riding the bus, waiting for food like 1 and a half hours, etc.. Wondering if it is worth the $85 for the three of us, $255? Three adults, all love water parks.. this coming Monday, May 24th is listed as Moderately Busy on The Orlando Informer Crowd Calendar… TIA!😁
We went during spring break and found the wait times to be very manageable. I didn't think I'd like the virtual queue system but ended up loving it. Instead of waiting in a crazy long line for a slide in the heat, we could spend that time in the lazy river or the wave pool and the time passed so quickly in-between slides. We had purchased EPs for VB in advance and we really didn't need them. I don't think we will purchase those again regardless of when we visit. We did have a cabana so I can't speak to food lines or chair availability but I will say that there were chairs spread out everywhere throughout the park. While you may not be able to find one in your preferred location without EE, I would expect that you would still easily be able to find chairs somewhere for the 3 of you. You can always look at purchasing preferred seating if that's a major concern as these are much less expensive than a cabana.

Good luck with your decision!

😬 we will be there in 3ish weeks, this is making me nervous. I did reserve premium seats for 2 days, Sunday and Tuesday, I was going to cancel the Tuesday but maybe we’ll just keep it.
I need to figure out where to read recent reports.

@03GirlsMom..thanks for your thoughts! Encouraging! To purchase EE, the cost is crazy prohibitive..much better to stay on site than pay those ridiculous rates in addition to the cost of the ticket. Many say just bring lunch, maybe we’ll stop off for some sub sandwiches before we go..supposedly food is pretty lame and lines are cray! Do you know if you stay on site do those folks walk over and avoid bus?

@03GirlsMom..thanks for your thoughts! Encouraging! To purchase EE, the cost is crazy prohibitive..much better to stay on site than pay those ridiculous rates in addition to the cost of the ticket. Many say just bring lunch, maybe we’ll stop off for some sub sandwiches before we go..supposedly food is pretty lame and lines are cray! Do you know if you stay on site do those folks walk over and avoid bus?
Keep in mind that EP for UO & IOA is different than for VB. You do not get automatic EP for VB by staying at a premier resort. Those have to be purchased separately although they are much less expensive than purchasing EP for the other parks!

We stayed at RPR and took the bus over. It took less than 10 min. I don't think that you can walk over to VB unless you're staying at or near Cabana Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter