VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

@Granny nothing to compare it to but my guess is pre Easter crowds. Everything had 60-120 min waits yesterday. Not bad so far today but it's only 9. Park opened at 8. I was here at 7. I did buy the MaxPass.

I'm sure we will do the MaxPass as well. I will be interested to see how that works...does it tell you all the return times so you can pick an attraction that you can use the FastPass for quickly? Or do you just have to "hunt and peck" the various attractions to see what the return time looks like?

Monday, let’s start with I’m exhausted. Up just after 4 AM , got to try our newest FP - TSA precheck. I give this 9/10!! I like it! Legroom on airplane seemed worse than ever so I tried to sleep through it.

But, got off, literally walked on to Magical Express and the Lodge was first stop. Bonus, our room is ready! Room 2509 just around the corner down the short hallway from elevator. Score, room request heaven! Even got pool/lake view which wasn’t requested....

Geyser Pointe exceeds expectations. Black Cherry Mule ****. New pool, **** , would be 5 stars if bubbles & full grown trees. Happy with lots of umbrellas to block sun.

Got onto FOP at 9 PM — beautiful ride!

Tuesday, MK . Did FP+ of BTMR, POTC, & JC. Lunch at SKIPPERS which we liked- different menu for MK, and we enjoyed. Scored additional FP’s for Barnstormer, Philharmagic, & Tea Cups and squeezed in Hall of Presidents (1st time for my wife & daughter). Now back at resort for hot tub and maybe fireworks....

Problems downloading pictures - file to big, hopefully I can resolve & share but smaller file size option not showing up..

@Granny nothing to compare it to but my guess is pre Easter crowds. Everything had 60-120 min waits yesterday. Not bad so far today but it's only 9. Park opened at 8. I was here at 7. I did buy the MaxPass.

Well, we saw 240 minute stand by line for FOP yesterday....(I don’t roll that way...), so it could be worse...

Hi all! I was wondering if you all could help me clear something up. DBF and I are looking at finally getting to stay at WL on our next trip and were wondering the difference when it came to DVC rooms b/t BRV and CCV. Which side is the converted hotel rooms and which are the dedicated DVCs? We will only stay dedicated DVC after our last trip to BWV and disliking the converted hotel room set up.

TIA.

ETA: I love this tread! :)

Hi all! I was wondering if you all could help me clear something up. DBF and I are looking at finally getting to stay at WL on our next trip and were wondering the difference when it came to DVC rooms b/t BRV and CCV. Which side is the converted hotel rooms and which are the dedicated DVCs? We will only stay dedicated DVC after our last trip to BWV and disliking the converted hotel room set up.

TIA.

Well, BRV (VWL) is the original DVC at Wilderness Lodge and has dedicated Villas, but then too it depends on accommodation size as CCV cabins & Grand Villas would qualify as dedicated...

Thanks for your response. I thought the horse shoes might be Saratoga, and ar first thought the bear paws but then thought they might be for AKL. Just surprised there is not a more prominent or stand out correlation to The Lodge.
I am so in love with this bag. I am thinking if they have one of the smaller ones when I go in 23 days I might buy it.
I have to ask what do you do for a wallet?? I have a very very old Vera Bradley that I bought at a Disney Springs along time ago that just doesn't go and is looking very worn.

Oh duh, of course the horseshoes are Saratoga, that didn’t even occur to me, lol! Well, I haven’t used the crossbody yet, but it’s pretty roomy, so I think I can use one of my Spartina wallets.

ETA @Lakegirl I was just on the DVC site, and noticed the bags are available again...I do not have the crossbody pouchette, I have the letter carrier, which is much larger than the typical Dooney letter carriers....which one did you buy!??

Last edited:
Well, BRV (VWL) is the original DVC at Wilderness Lodge and has dedicated Villas, but then too it depends on accommodation size as CCV cabins & Grand Villas would qualify as dedicated...
Thank you! I'm looking at a studio, so it looks like BRV is what we're looking for.
Next question: Have those been refurbished lately?

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. It was a very nice day. Can't say I accomplished too much. I did mostly wander around like a tourist. DL was packed my the time I arrived (12:30ish). I somehow missed how to enter by walking from VGC. Took the monorail from DTD. That too a long time. I was starving so I grabbed QS, walked the park, then headed for CA. Less crowded on that side but my lack of sleep from the night before was catching up with me. Grabbed a glass of wine at Wine Country Trattoria's terrace & chilled for awhile. I did do single rider for Radiator Springs. Fun ride. Test track with Cars theming & more outside time. Wait was about 40 min. Stand by 2 hours. MaxPass for me today. Got my room ready text around 4:15 & I was out. I did find the back entrance to VGC from there. So much easier. Crashed for a bit then ended my day with dinner at Napa Rose. Had the Bison Pot Roast. Yummy. Server brought out some chocolate cheesecake bite thing with sorbet for dessert. It was delicious. Not too heavy. Early morning hour at DL today. Hopefully I can figure out how to get there this time.

VGC is beautiful. Of course I got a super noisy room. Way at the end of the hall. I can see the ferris wheel & a couple other rides from my balcony. Some show or something must have been tested over night because there was very loud music around 2:00. I must be near a loading dock because all I've heard since 4 am is the beep, beep, beep of trucks backing up. :sad2:

Better get moving so I can actually ride something today. Have a great day.

Lol - so you got one of the rooms that everyone likes to request! That side definitely comes with the most noise, especially if they are testing something for WOC during the night.

I'm sure we will do the MaxPass as well. I will be interested to see how that works...does it tell you all the return times so you can pick an attraction that you can use the FastPass for quickly? Or do you just have to "hunt and peck" the various attractions to see what the return time looks like?

Hi Granny! Max pass will give you a return time for whatever tractions still have them. What I did discover is if you don't like them refresh back out and come back in. It almost always gives you different times and often earlier times so if the first ones are far out refresh refresh refresh! You'll sometimes see attractions that weren't showing for you start appearing then.

TIA.

Boulder Ridge was refurbished in early 2014 so four years ago.

May I ask what you did not like about BWV? It was actually built as DVC originally and is not a converted hotel. Boulder Ridge was also built is DVC originally. Only AKL Jambo house was converted hotel and now CCV.

Boulder Ridge was refurbished in early 2014 so four years ago.

May I ask what you did not like about BWV? It was actually built as DVC originally and is not a converted hotel. Boulder Ridge was also built is DVC originally. Only AKL Jambo house was converted hotel and now CCV.

Thanks.

Was it? Because it seems like a whole different level of DVC than we are used to at Kidani. The room we got at BWV just seemed so lower level from the squeaky bed that felt like it was going to collapse at any moment, to the run down looking decor, it was just bad.

Thanks.

Was it? Because it seems like a whole different level of DVC than we are used to at Kidani. The room we got at BWV just seemed so lower level from the squeaky bed that felt like it was going to collapse at any moment, to the run down looking decor, it was just bad.

I'm so sorry your BWV stay was tainted. I love that resort.

One thing to keep cached in the back of your memory is that the housekeeping manager will always work to help you out. One year I had a queen bed with one side entirely collapsed. After calling housekeeping twice about the issue and no one coming to see about it, the manager just happened to be making rounds checking which units had the new televisions installed. I mentioned to her the problem with the bed, and within 30 minutes I had a brand new bed unwrapped and placed in my room. This was at VWL (BRV) but I believe all managers will take their jobs just as seriously. The lesson I learned: Escalate the issue!

I'm so sorry your BWV stay was tainted. I love that resort.

One thing to keep cached in the back of your memory is that the housekeeping manager will always work to help you out. One year I had a queen bed with one side entirely collapsed. After calling housekeeping twice about the issue and no one coming to see about it, the manager just happened to be making rounds checking which units had the new televisions installed. I mentioned to her the problem with the bed, and within 30 minutes I had a brand new bed unwrapped and placed in my room. This was at VWL (BRV) but I believe all managers will take their jobs just as seriously. The lesson I learned: Escalate the issue!

We did but sadly they didn't give a hoot. Oh well, lesson learned.

A5E34CCE-D2A1-4EC5-96AE-A56C8DD7BB2D.jpeg

This stuff was for sale 3 years ago when I stayed....time to find out why it’s still at the store. One small bit on the rocks should be OK...

Tried the Huckleberry punch - ****.

Found a 1/2 basketball court back near cabin parking, even has lights for night use! Get a basketball from the boat rental place — also, some grillers (next to basketball court) showed me a fancy bbq utensil set they just checked out from the boat rental place as well.

Monday, let’s start with I’m exhausted. Up just after 4 AM , got to try our newest FP - TSA precheck. I give this 9/10!! I like it! Legroom on airplane seemed worse than ever so I tried to sleep through it.

But, got off, literally walked on to Magical Express and the Lodge was first stop. Bonus, our room is ready! Room 2509 just around the corner down the short hallway from elevator. Score, room request heaven! Even got pool/lake view which wasn’t requested....

Geyser Pointe exceeds expectations. Black Cherry Mule ****. New pool, **** , would be 5 stars if bubbles & full grown trees. Happy with lots of umbrellas to block sun.

Got onto FOP at 9 PM — beautiful ride!

Tuesday, MK . Did FP+ of BTMR, POTC, & JC. Lunch at SKIPPERS which we liked- different menu for MK, and we enjoyed. Scored additional FP’s for Barnstormer, Philharmagic, & Tea Cups and squeezed in Hall of Presidents (1st time for my wife & daughter). Now back at resort for hot tub and maybe fireworks....

Problems downloading pictures - file to big, hopefully I can resolve & share but smaller file size option not showing up..

What did you put on you room requests?

What did you put on you room requests?
Called 1 week before arrival and asked for “a villa as close as possible to the elevator because my wife is having foot problems”, which is true. Fortunately, we’ve gotten through two days and dodged blisters which she has frequent issues with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter