VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Called 1 week before arrival and asked for “a villa as close as possible to the elevator because my wife is having foot problems”, which is true. Fortunately, we’ve gotten through two days and dodged blisters which she has frequent issues with.
Great!! Did you call member services or the resort directly?

We will be having dinner at AP one night on our upcoming trip. What is everybody's favorites there? We have never been and really looking forward to it. Thanks in advance.

Hi all! I was wondering if you all could help me clear something up. DBF and I are looking at finally getting to stay at WL on our next trip and were wondering the difference when it came to DVC rooms b/t BRV and CCV. Which side is the converted hotel rooms and which are the dedicated DVCs? We will only stay dedicated DVC after our last trip to BWV and disliking the converted hotel room set up.

TIA.

ETA: I love this tread! :)
First off, :welcome:! Glad you could join us! Second, just to reiterate, the new Copper Creek rooms are in the WL hotel proper, and they're very new seeing as they just opened last summer. The layout is a bit shotgun style since they're essentially a restructure of the existing space. The VWL (BRV if you must) portion is set apart from the main hotel, though they are connected by a relatively short covered walkway. Third, as others have proffered, the refurb on the VWL rooms was about four years ago. They're still in good shape overall. Hope you get what you want!

Thanks.

Was it? Because it seems like a whole different level of DVC than we are used to at Kidani. The room we got at BWV just seemed so lower level from the squeaky bed that felt like it was going to collapse at any moment, to the run down looking decor, it was just bad.

BWV is 11 or 12 years old than Kidani. It was the second DVC built at WDW and is a different layout than Kidani but it was always a DVC. BCV is a close cousin to it although I think they actually replaced the tile in the studios at BCV and they didn't at BWV when they did the "full" refurb. The VWL layout (aka Boulder Ridge) is virtually identical to BWV but the decor is different. If you want shiny new then CCV will be the better option. And BWV was actually more recently refurbed than Boulder Ridge but again, it's a different decor.

We will be having dinner at AP one night on our upcoming trip. What is everybody's favorites there? We have never been and really looking forward to it. Thanks in advance.
Our favorites: charcuterie, the braised short rib Bolognese, smoked mushroom bisque (a Must Have), cedar plank salmon (signature dish), scallops, the cobbler, and the house made donuts. The bisque, salmon, and cobbler are their quintessential dishes. They usually have buffalo though not currently, so I suspect the venison osso buco would be a good replacement. I've also not had the venison tartar but would love to try it as it's one of my favorite dishes.

Oh, forgot to mention a minor “brush with fame” of sorts — saw Marcus Lemonis of the CNBC show “The Profit” today near Splash Mountain. I just gave him a nod as I am sure he didn’t want attention as he was probably there with family...

First off, :welcome:! Glad you could join us! Second, just to reiterate, the new Copper Creek rooms are in the WL hotel proper, and they're very new seeing as they just opened last summer. The layout is a bit shotgun style since they're essentially a restructure of the existing space. The VWL (BRV if you must) portion is set apart from the main hotel, though they are connected by a relatively short covered walkway. Third, as others have proffered, the refurb on the VWL rooms was about four years ago. They're still in good shape overall. Hope you get what you want!

Thank you!

BWV is 11 or 12 years old than Kidani. It was the second DVC built at WDW and is a different layout than Kidani but it was always a DVC. BCV is a close cousin to it although I think they actually replaced the tile in the studios at BCV and they didn't at BWV when they did the "full" refurb. The VWL layout (aka Boulder Ridge) is virtually identical to BWV but the decor is different. If you want shiny new then CCV will be the better option. And BWV was actually more recently refurbed than Boulder Ridge but again, it's a different decor.

Ok, I know alot of this because I've been going to WDW for over 30 years. I just came here to ask that simple question about VWL and that is all, I got my answer and am happy.

Have a good day (and I mean that sincerely! :))

Ok, I know alot of this because I've been going to WDW for over 30 years. I just came here to ask that simple question about VWL and that is all, I got my answer and am happy.

Have a good day (and I mean that sincerely! :))

It was my sincere attempt to help you find the location that might work best for your expectations.

Have an enjoyable trip.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HORSELOVER (JULIE)!!! I know you are having a blast in DisneyLand! I am toasting to your birthday from FL. Till we meet again!

Thanks @MiaSRN62! That was a fun afternoon. Looking forward to doing to again soon

Lol - so you got one of the rooms that everyone likes to request! That side definitely comes with the most noise, especially if they are testing something for WOC during the night.

They like to put me in noisy rooms! My only request was upper floor. Maybe tonight will be quieter. Last night & I know tomorrow I will be lucky to get a few hours of sleep so I am.hoping for peace tonight. I do like VGC very much. Decor is obviously appealing. Can't beat this location. Parks are packed but what can you do. I'll return in the future but not over a holiday.

Ron enjoy your trip!

Ron....is either good? We were looking at these in Mickey' Pantry last week.

The moonshine did taste like apple pie which could be dangerous if not careful.

Huckleberry Punch a Geyser Pointe drink was a 4/5 Star drink for me.

Thanks @MiaSRN62! That was a fun afternoon. Looking forward to doing to again soon

They like to put me in noisy rooms! My only request was upper floor. Maybe tonight will be quieter. Last night & I know tomorrow I will be lucky to get a few hours of sleep so I am.hoping for peace tonight. I do like VGC very much. Decor is obviously appealing. Can't beat this location. Parks are packed but what can you do. I'll return in the future but not over a holiday.

Ron enjoy your trip!

Thanks Julie! You too!

Well, DD's last school from which to hear has said "no." Not a big deal, since one of her top three already said "yes." Though she hasn't quite committed to said school, she did just tell me moments ago, "I'm 99% certain that's my choice." So begins the adventure. . .I think. . .

So Groupies, any thoughts on the announced use of Reunion Station?
I'd be interested in seeing what those animation classes are like. I'm not interested in the concierge service as we tend to sleep in and are out in the evening, missing both the morning and evening offerings, defeating the entire point of it. :D
The lounge in the evening sounds interesting, but not sure how that is really any different than going around the corner to the actual bar.

I rarely post. But noticed some interest from a (potential) new DVC member - thinking about BRV.
WDW will insist that BRV (the REAL Villas at Wilderness Lodge) is sold out.

Bull. :).

EVERY DAY, WDW reclaims points from "sold out" DVC properties via RFR, and foreclosure. WE bought BRV in 2012. WDW was adamant that it was sold out. We just asked them "Do you want the money or not?" :)

1 week later? We had a 275 point contract. We will hit "break even", vs DISCOUNTED Main Hotel Rooms, in April of 2018. Been tracking the diminishing "discounts" since 2012.

So - advice.... NOTHING is really "sold out". Be a hard nose. Don't just take whatever DVC is pushing this month. ASK them if they want the Money (it's substantial), and make 'em work for a living. BUY where you want to STAY, and get that 11 month window.

Today? DVC will push Aulani and Saratoga Springs. If you don't want this? JUST SAY NO.

I rarely post. But noticed some interest from a (potential) new DVC member - thinking about BRV.
WDW will insist that BRV (the REAL Villas at Wilderness Lodge) is sold out.

Bull. :).

EVERY DAY, WDW reclaims points from "sold out" DVC properties via RFR, and foreclosure. WE bought BRV in 2012. WDW was adamant that it was sold out. We just asked them "Do you want the money or not?" :)

1 week later? We had a 275 point contract. We will hit "break even", vs DISCOUNTED Main Hotel Rooms, in April of 2018. Been tracking the diminishing "discounts" since 2012.

So - advice.... NOTHING is really "sold out". Be a hard nose. Don't just take whatever DVC is pushing this month. ASK them if they want the Money (it's substantial), and make 'em work for a living. BUY where you want to STAY, and get that 11 month window.

Today? DVC will push Aulani and Saratoga Springs. If you don't want this? JUST SAY NO.

I agree with this, but no where is the cost verses years left in contract tougher to justify than BRV verses CCV. I mean, what is it buying direct? $165/point verses $200/point ? Truth is, the difference probably swings in favor of CCV pretty easy given the extra 32 years and what that means for resale value down the road.

I agree with this, but no where is the cost verses years left in contract tougher to justify than BRV verses CCV. I mean, what is it buying direct? $165/point verses $200/point ? Truth is, the difference probably swings in favor of CCV pretty easy given the extra 32 years and what that means for resale value down the road.

It's even closer direct - disregarding incentives on CCV it's $171/pt for VWL and $181 for CCV. Buy at 175 points? With reported incentives CCV is the equivalent of $166 and change/pt so less than BRV.

It's even closer direct - disregarding incentives on CCV it's $171/pt for VWL and $181 for CCV. Buy at 175 points? With reported incentives CCV is the equivalent of $166 and change/pt so less than BRV.

Yep, so there you go. If someone is going to buy direct it seems ridiculous to buy any contract at a resort expiring in 2042 just based on the resale value down the road. Having said that, I still think resale is a better option for many people - but I am saddened that perks were discontinued. Seems to me things like AP discounts were reasonable to offer anyone paying the ever increasing maintenance fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter