VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Ok experts,
We got our letter in the mail telling us tomake our fast pass selections for our may trip. :rolleyes2

question:
1) So I know I can pick three attractions for 1 park, what happens at the second park if you park hop? they got rid of the paper tickets so at the second park are we forced to do standby?

2) what happens if you change your mind? One of the reasons we rarely make adr's is that the "day of" we often have changed our mind. So if I pick 3 fp's for say 5/12 for MK and that day we decide to do Epcot instead, am I SOL?

Yeesh, this is way too much planning for a dedicated winger.

I hear you Eliza! Not our way to do things either. I've used it twice now although not yet without them having the paper FP's still around but I learned from each experience.

I see it as a couple different ways to go. First - after miserably muddling thru picking out pass selections before the trip for Oct I decided to see what would happen in Dec just making selections the night before and did not have any issues. I've read a few posts since where people are checking and it still seems to be working that way. HINT: If you do check and you're not seeing availability just check back later. I'm of the opinion they release FP's in blocks and not everything all at once.

If the first park has the big attractions you really want to go on then set up your FP's for that park. And if you find that that you get there early enough and FP's aren't needed then you could switch your FP's to the second park although day of you'll start to see things get booked up and not be available. And if you want to switch you can't have used any at all at the first park otherwise you're stuck with your FP's there. The other way to use the FP's is to set them up for your second park and just plan on standby at the first. Hopefully they'll starting tweaking the system to allow both hopping and additional FP's.

For the Trail's End aficionado's - do you make ADR's for this or do you just show up? DDad and I have thought we may do breakfast one day.

We've never made an ADR for Trail's End and almost always get right in but we also rarely go over during what may be the prime breakfast time. It's a ritual to go a little later in the morning and say hi to the horses and walk around a bit and then decide if we do breakfast or lunch.

eliza....I am CLUELESS now about FP+. I went on My Disney Experience and linked our resort reservations and added all guests staying in the room. I went to make FP reservations and got the message :

<<< You are not eligible to make FastPass+ plans for your Friends and Family members on this date. >>>>>

WHY??? I am on a 10 min hold with Disney now. So aggravating. Bring back the good 'ole days!!!!

Ohhh....it's because I don't have my pass yet!!!! How is this fair???? I always wait until the very end---sometimes once I get to WDW---to purchase. Because when going on a trip, the hotel, food, airfare always comes first. I HATE this. So now even though I made this reservation 10 months ago, I can't make FP reservations. STINKS. Can ya tell I'm royally annoyed :furious:

Ohhh....it's because I don't have my pass yet!!!! How is this fair???? I always wait until the very end---sometimes once I get to WDW---to purchase. Because when going on a trip, the hotel, food, airfare always comes first. I HATE this. So now even though I made this reservation 10 months ago, I can't make FP reservations. STINKS. Can ya tell I'm royally annoyed :furious:

I was just going to say that all of you need to have ticket media linked to your accounts.

I think it's because there has to be some controls the stop people from really messing with the system and booking up FP times. As it is it's really very open for that abuse or shenanigans as it is but at least it's limited to 3 per person. If you did want to get a pass now you could take the confirmation number and link it to your account though

I really believe it'll be ok and that you don't have to make FP reservations more than a night in advance. :hug:

For the Trail's End aficionado's - do you make ADR's for this or do you just show up? DDad and I have thought we may do breakfast one day.

We did the breakfast twice during our trip just two weeks ago. Did not make reservations either time. Once got there at 8am, the other closer to 10-10:30am. Sat right down each time. If you are looking at going during a busy time of year, you may have a wait, but I like the idea of being able to go to TE when we like. With the credit card ADRs now, we prefer to not make reservations. But we do like to travel off season which makes it much easier to get same day reservations and walk-ups. On one of our daily walks we stopped by to check the availability. This was around 9am and the wait was only 10 min.

The walk from the lodge is really nice. DH and I used to run as well, but with a new knee for DH and a back surgery for myself both within the last year and a half, we prefer to walk now :goodvibes. But the four mile loop we did each morning from the lodge and through the campground was really enjoyable! On the way to Hoop Dee Doo one night we counted 19 deer, and most days saw at least one. :thumbsup2

We have made ADRs, but as the others pointed out, they aren't necessary under normal circumstances. Both times we've gone for breakfast, though we had ADRs, the restaurant was nowhere near being full. I think walking up is easily done there unless it's truly a busy season.

I was just going to say that all of you need to have ticket media linked to your accounts.

I think it's because there has to be some controls the stop people from really messing with the system and booking up FP times. As it is it's really very open for that abuse or shenanigans as it is but at least it's limited to 3 per person. If you did want to get a pass now you could take the confirmation number and link it to your account though

I really believe it'll be ok and that you don't have to make FP reservations more than a night in advance. :hug:

Thank you Kathy. I had my blowing off steam period....now I'm in cool-down mode. It's just frustrating. My kids are buying their own passes. For example, my son is waiting for his tax refund to get his and my daughter almost has enough money saved up for a Premium AP. So it's hard unless all of us have tickets at the same time I guess. I'll just take my chances. Thanks for the hug ----the stress of the wedding and this on top just pushed me over the ledge :hug:

Hi Julie!!!! That would be awesome. I'm at POR until we check in to BLT on April 1. I land on March 28 but staying overnight in St Augustine at my daughter's apartment. Check in to POR later in day on March 29. What time do you leave on March 30??? Do u still have my cell#? I have yours unless it's changed.

I really want to meet this time. We've missed each other way too many times :eek:

Late. My flight isn't until 7:55 p.m. & I'll have a car so that gives me extra time. My plan for Sun. is likely breakfast at Kouzzina (I love you Kouzzina! :lovestruc ) hit DHS for a couple FP+ rides the spend the rest of the day at Epcot until it's time to head to the airport. I won't leave BCV until at least 5:30. I believe I still have your cell number. I'll PM you if I don't have it but definitely text me if you have any free time! I won't bug you because I know it's a very busy time but if you're around it would be great to finally meet!

Hi groupies! :wave2:

We got our Magic Bands in the mail today!!! :)

WoooHoooo!!!! 24 days!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I just got caught up. Still have a little problem typing but am managing.

I have been in rehab a little over a week now. They originally told me I would be here 17 days. They asked me Tues what I thought about going home. Anyway I will find out tomorrow if it will be Fri or Sat. I was hoping to leave a few days early, never expected a whole week early.

Happy birthday to all I have missed. Happy anniversary to Stopher.

Hope everyone is doing well, I will try to check in soon.

I have been in rehab a little over a week now. They originally told me I would be here 17 days. They asked me Tues what I thought about going home. Anyway I will find out tomorrow if it will be Fri or Sat. I was hoping to leave a few days early, never expected a whole week early.

Great news Kathy!!! Glad things are going well. :cheer2:

Glad you could hop on here, and best wishes for a continued speedy recovery!

That's great news Kathy! Sounds like you're making really excellent progress! :banana:

:wizard: Pixie dust for an even faster recovery than expected!!!! :wizard:

Kathy...great to hear from you, and continued prayers for a strong recovery!

Okay Groupies...now I have to shame myself with a My Disney Experience story. I deal with computers and the internet all day long, but for some reason I find the MDE site to be extremely challenging.

For instance, I went onto the site last week looking at ADRs for our May trip, and was surprised to find one available time for a Be Our Guest ADR and I grabbed it.

Then yesterday I received a reminder e-mail that my March 14 ADR was coming up soon.

Sheesh! :rolleyes2

I have no idea how I booked an ADR at at time that I have no resort reservations at WDW. I guess you don't need them, do you? In any event, I am obviously MDE-challenged and so far not a big fan. I think eventually I'll agree with Jimmy that it fits the way we tour and a nice way to make sure we can do some of the "must do's" for us at WDW.

So I guess DW & I should jump on a plane tomorrow to enjoy our dinner! :faint:

What a goof. ::yes::

:rotfl2:

Too funny! Actually, I'm glad I read the e-mail closely or else we would have been charged for the "no show". I had to cancel today to avoid that, and I found that I couldn't cancel on-line...I had to call the Dining line to do it. Yet another "issue" with the MDE site. :crazy2:

I see some fine folks will be at WDW during our May trip, so they can expect some PMs bugging them to meet up somewhere. :banana:

Thanks to those that responded with my Trail's End question. I thinks we'll just wing it and hope for the best.

Great news Kathy! So glad you found time and had the strength and energy to check in with us. You know we'll keep you in our thought and prayers. Pixie dust that you do indeed go home this week-end!

Yea! Heather's Magic Bands have arrived! That means your trip is getting close. So exciting. We have until April 1 to make any changes. Guess I'd better go take a look an make certain I have us where we'd like to go.

So sorry, Maria about your bad surprise! When Mom and I went in February, I paid to have her ticket overnighted to me so I could link her ticket to MDE and begin selecting our FP+ attractions.

Granny it looks like DDad and I are going to be at BW same time as you. We'll only be there 2 nights before heading over to the Lodge. Studios and Epcot are our only plans for the first 2 nights.

Hi groupies. Just sitting here near the fireplace at the Villas with my iPad and opened the new thread to enjoy some quiet time while the family watch the movie playing down at the beach. I want to say that the refurb construction was loud yesterday but not so bad today. We are on the first floor so don't have an updated room. It sounded like they were right above us yesterday so I believe they have made it down to the second floor.
I wanted to add that I love to run as well and love the path to Ft Wilderness. I ran last night and spotted twenty deer on the way back. They were everywhere.

Hope everyone is well.

Rob

Granny it looks like DDad and I are going to be at BW same time as you. We'll only be there 2 nights before heading over to the Lodge. Studios and Epcot are our only plans for the first 2 nights.

We are very flexible with our plans and we have a lot of overlap, so I'm sure we'll be getting together at some point. We'll have to trade some PMs closer to the time to get something set up. Very excited to see you guys again. :thumbsup2

mickeymorse said:
Hi groupies. Just sitting here near the fireplace at the Villas with my iPad and opened the new thread to enjoy some quiet time while the family watch the movie playing down at the beach. I want to say that the refurb construction was loud yesterday but not so bad today. We are on the first floor so don't have an updated room. It sounded like they were right above us yesterday so I believe they have made it down to the second floor.
I wanted to add that I love to run as well and love the path to Ft Wilderness. I ran last night and spotted twenty deer on the way back. They were everywhere.

Hope everyone is well.

Rob

Rob...great to "see" you here again! And awesome to hear that you are enjoying your stay at our beloved resort. Thanks for checking in. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter