• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Thinking some more on this announcement and what this will do to Territory lounge's menu. Up until now we've been able to get some unique and delicious flatbreads from there, even making them into a light meal on nights we hadn't really planned on much. However, I'm concerned now that the change to AP may eliminate those all together. The waiting game begins.

Thinking some more on this announcement and what this will do to Territory lounge's menu. Up until now we've been able to get some unique and delicious flatbreads from there, even making them into a light meal on nights we hadn't really planned on much. However, I'm concerned now that the change to AP may eliminate those all together. The waiting game begins.

Now I'm starting to wonder if Territory Lounge will survive? They've taken most everything that I liked about the resort away. And how does that fit in with a Snow White character meal location? :worried::worried::worried:

They better keep it because I may need a lot more to drink the next time I stay at the lodge!

Yesterday there had been a rumor about Hoop de doo closing to essentially make way for a the new, often speculated on resort by FW/River Country. At least that has been denied by Disney thank goodness! We don't go often to it but we do visit that area often and eat at Trail's end.

Yesterday there had been a rumor about Hoop de doo closing to essentially make way for a the new, often speculated on resort by FW/River Country. At least that has been denied by Disney thank goodness! We don't go often to it but we do visit that area often and eat at Trail's end.

Just talked to someone who usually is well informed and he says if you want to make sure to see HDDR go sooner than later. Accordning to this person, it will close for DVC construction and it is still undecided if it will reopen after construction is finished. Disney is of course denying it just like they did with the BLT.

(edited to make it more clear that this still a rumor, but one that I have every reason to believe to have a realistic background, not just some made up stuff)

Last edited:
Just talked to someone who usually is well informed and he says if you want to make sure to see HDDR go sooner than later. It will close for DVC construction and it is still undecided if it will reopen after construction is finished. Disney is if course denying it just like they did with the BLT.

Thanks for this update. We have only done this once but I may need to book it for our December trip to make sure we see it again before it goes into the "remember when" file.

Last edited:
Thanks for this update. We have only done this once but I may need to book it for our December trip to make sure we see it again before it goes into the "remember when" file.

Obviously no guarantee that it will really go on hiatus (and possibly never come back). After all, it is just a rumor and things can change. I think my post was very strongly worded, maybe too much. I have edited a bit. But to me it was warning enough to try and book it for my upcoming trip in order to make sure that I got to see it again. It is a fun show and we loved the food, so if it sticks around I won't feel that I wasted money, but if it leaves, I will be happy to have made it a priority on this trip.

Obviously no guarantee that it will really go on hiatus (and possibly never come back). After all, it is just a rumor and things can change. I think my post was very strongly worded, maybe too much. I have edited a bit. But to me it was warning enough to try and book it for my upcoming trip in order to make sure that I got to see it again. It is a fun show and we loved the food, so if it sticks around I won't feel that I wasted money, but if it leaves, I will be happy to have made it a priority on this trip.

Even if it isn't leaving, we haven't done it for several years so it will be fun to do it again. And I think the Annual Passholders get a discount. You mentioned that it was a rumor, so I took it as such. I would think that there is a fair amount of time left since Riviera Resort doesn't go on sale until late next year. I think they won't want to break ground on a new resort while they're beginning sales on another one.

Disney is of course denying it just like they did with the BLT.

BLT was the funniest situation yet. Every Cast Member would look at me so dumbly when I asked what the construction would eventually be...and they usually replied "what construction?" as the building went up and up. :rotfl2:

Another thought about AP Character dinner (and possible more meals). You know how crazy and how much louder the locations are that have families waiting around for their character meals? And this music and such they are talking about? Yes, AP is tucked back so the music and character antics may not carry too much but I can't imagine there won't be an added strain on the WL lobby. If the noise from WC was such a concern I think they've just negated any changes there.

Makes me happy again to own at VWL and being tucked away to the side.

What a dopey thing for them to do. Now I'm going to be grumpy for the rest of the day.
I heard(not sure how these things get started :confused3:goodvibes) another rumor to go along with the Artist Point announcement...that Sleepy(dog25) has resigned as a Dwarf(upon his disenchantment with the shenanigans going on currently) and a replacement will be on hand if needed to round out the 7. The new replacement will be Dummy. He was the one who came up with the idea to wreak havoc on Artist Point:duck::duck::duck:
They may want to consider adding in a number 8 and refer to him as Stinky cause this whole thing smells IMO!!

Now I'm starting to wonder if Territory Lounge will survive? They've taken most everything that I liked about the resort away. And how does that fit in with a Snow White character meal location? :worried::worried::worried:

They better keep it because I may need a lot more to drink the next time I stay at the lodge!
Oh no... I didn't think of that. With Geyser Point now filling the roll of both an evening and pool bar they may not feel the need to keep Territory Lounge around anymore.
Re-reading the article, this sounds more like a Be Our Guest experience they'll be implementing with individual entree ordering, etc and a meet & greet tossed in on the side, but only for patrons. What if they are removing Territory lounge for that M&G?
Noooo.... I love TL the way it is. (Well, replace those broken down chairs and it'll be perfect)

I heard(not sure how these things get started :confused3:goodvibes) another rumor to go along with the Artist Point announcement...that Sleepy(dog25) has resigned as a Dwarf(upon his disenchantment with the shenanigans going on currently) and a replacement will be on hand if needed to round out the 7. The new replacement will be Dummy. He was the one who came up with the idea to wreak havoc on Artist Point:duck::duck::duck:
They may want to consider adding in a number 8 and refer to him as Stinky cause this whole thing smells IMO!!

:rotfl2:

Nice one Jimmy! Poor Sleepy. Trampled over by the nouveau Dwarves, Dummy and Stinky.

Last edited:
Oh no... I didn't think of that. With Geyser Point now filling the roll of both an evening and pool bar they may not feel the need to keep Territory Lounge around anymore.
Re-reading the article, this sounds more like a Be Our Guest experience they'll be implementing with individual entree ordering, etc and a meet & greet tossed in on the side, but only for patrons. What if they are removing Territory lounge for that M&G?
Noooo.... I love TL the way it is. (Well, replace those broken down chairs and it'll be perfect)

That's pretty much what started crossing my mind. Geyser Point has been getting tweaked and a lot removed a shut down and they might have gotten it into their heads to make that the main or only lounge in order to increase utilization. And then Territory would be available to utilize for the character dining experience. I so hope not but I've established a concern for me until more is known about the changes.

I was just reading the DIS Daily Update email, one of the items referenced is the “trending” 2018 Hurricane Watch thread on the boards .....UGH, this time last year we were obsessing for days, and ultimately ended up canceling our trip. o_O

Hi Groupies,

We are headed to The World next week:yay:

We have a few dining reservations, but since I had to tweak our dates, I had to make changes which left a few days open. I am looking for suggestions please!
Corrine - when and where? Jerry and I will be at BWV starting Sunday - I have to work Tuesday and Wednesday (Boo) but hopefully - we can touch base one evening!

Hi Tricia sounds good! We arrive Friday staying at the BCV, how long will you be there?

YES!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter