VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hello, fellow Lodge animals! It is I, the forgotten one, who lives 10 minutes from our beloved Lodge.

First of all, I hope everybody is safe and sound and avoiding the virus like the flu! Did you get that? Anyway, this virus is nothing to sneeze at. Okay, okay.

We are safe and sound in our Florida home. I feel like we're a leper family in Ben Hur. Sometimes, we cut thru Walt Disney World to go to Rt 192. It's strange to see it so empty. I love our Florida home. It is nice to pop over to DHS and jump on the Skyliner. We love the Skyliner. And we also love Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway.

Anyway, I just messaged sleepydog about our vacation schedule and I'll post it here.
Sept 6 - 10, Riviera Resort
Nov 25 - 27, Kidani
Dec 6 - 11, VWL

We are meetup okay. Please keep us in the loop via conversations.

Hello, fellow Lodge animals! It is I, the forgotten one, who lives 10 minutes from our beloved Lodge.

First of all, I hope everybody is safe and sound and avoiding the virus like the flu! Did you get that? Anyway, this virus is nothing to sneeze at. Okay, okay.

We are safe and sound in our Florida home. I feel like we're a leper family in Ben Hur. Sometimes, we cut thru Walt Disney World to go to Rt 192. It's strange to see it so empty. I love our Florida home. It is nice to pop over to DHS and jump on the Skyliner. We love the Skyliner. And we also love Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway.

Anyway, I just messaged sleepydog about our vacation schedule and I'll post it here.
Nov 25 - 27, Kidani
Dec 6 - 11, VWL

Nice to hear from you WDad and glad your all doing well. Funny about Ben Hur - watched that on Easter and had the same thought! Thanks for the little update on WDW. It's felt strange around here how quiet it is especially in the evenings and it's difficult to imagine seeing WDW being empty. Stay well!

p1451634023-4.jpg

Hello all VWL lovers.

My journey -

In 2003, I purchased 400 points at BCV which was then being sold and received an extra 400 points for one year for free. It was great for our then young children, the pool and proximity to two parks and restaurants......etc, etc..

In 2004, I purchased another 150 points at BCV through the Time Share Store;

In 2006, I purchased 100 points at AK through Disney. So that was 650 points and thats where I remained until the last six months......

I started going to Boulder Ridge in about 2011. I fell in love with it and the whole WL vibe. We love the proximity to Fort Wilderness as well. We kept going back and hardly visited our two home resorts.

In November-December , 2019, we spent 8 nights in a Copper Creek Cabin. It was incredible -the whole place looks so beautiful ...what to do.

Through the timeshare store, we sold

January - AK 100 points. (118 pp)
January - BCV -150 points (147 pp)
April - BCV -400 points. (132 pp)

BUT in January we purchased 350 points at Boulder Ridge (at 89 pp) , effectively paying for the majority with the profit from the two January sales above. So in summary, we exchanged 250 points (BCV and AKL) for 350 points at Boulder Ridge. Having sold our original Disney purchases, I guess we lose some perks but on balance, we were content to do so.

So I have been dealing with the Timeshare Store for 16 years and cannot speak too highly of their assistance and professionalism .

Hello all VWL lovers.

My journey -

In 2003, I purchased 400 points at BCV which was then being sold and received an extra 400 points for one year for free. It was great for our then young children, the pool and proximity to two parks and restaurants......etc, etc..

In 2004, I purchased another 150 points at BCV through the Time Share Store;

In 2006, I purchased 100 points at AK through Disney. So that was 650 points and thats where I remained until the last six months......

I started going to Boulder Ridge in about 2011. I fell in love with it and the whole WL vibe. We love the proximity to Fort Wilderness as well. We kept going back and hardly visited our two home resorts.

In November-December , 2019, we spent 8 nights in a Copper Creek Cabin. It was incredible -the whole place looks so beautiful ...what to do.

Through the timeshare store, we sold

January - AK 100 points. (118 pp)
January - BCV -150 points (147 pp)
April - BCV -400 points. (132 pp)

BUT in January we purchased 350 points at Boulder Ridge (at 89 pp) , effectively paying for the majority with the profit from the two January sales above. So in summary, we exchanged 250 points (BCV and AKL) for 350 points at Boulder Ridge. Having sold our original Disney purchases, I guess we lose some perks but on balance, we were content to do so.

So I have been dealing with the Timeshare Store for 16 years and cannot speak too highly of their assistance and professionalism .
You had me at "VWL."

What a journey you had to becoming owners at VWL! The allure of the Lodge is strong. Much like the Force in Star Wars, the Love of WL is a constant in our lives; it helps to center us, somehow. So, congratulations are in order for you and yours, and we cheerfully :welcome: you to the Groupies. Please drop in often, keep us up-to-date, and pictures are always welcome!

Welcome to the groupies Beazle!!!
What a grand way to come to love the Lodge. We have owned at VWL since 01 and never regretted the decision, but as time went on, we started branching out and trying other places. We fell in love with OKW, BLT, Kidani, SSR and BWV(purchased BWV through TTSS and had a great transaction through them). But something about the Lodge draws us back, even after all the changes recently. Its a majestic place for sure, and makes you forget you are in the theme park capital of the world.

Dont be a stranger here! We love when new folks join in.

Nov 25 - 27, Kidani
Dec 6 - 11, VWL

Hey Hollis!! Great to see you folks are doing well. I can imagine how odd it is to slip through WDW and it be empty. When they open back up, I hope very soon, you, Toni and Jesse need to be the 1st in line!! Then report back ::yes::

BEAZIE welcome and thanks for introducing yourself and sharing your story. I bought in 2015 210 points through the TST and had a great experts well. Really wish I could buy more poigs, maybe someday I’ll win the lottery. I would really love BCV because I love Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter