Wade and Michelle's at-home wedding and WDW DISNEYmoon - new updates on page 6

Yes, Lisa, I've been following your PJ and TR!! So for your flowers, did you e-mail them a pic of what you wanted? Or just give them a general idea of flowers/colors? I think I'd be happy with pretty much anything, I'm fairly easy to please... well, with most things, at least... ;) I did hear back from Cathy, and she said to just put what I want on the contract when I sent it back... and then when we get about 45 days out, she'll get in touch with the pastry chef about the cake... :thumbsup2

Oh, and did you do your own hair??? Cuz DF brought up a point... that even if I have someone do my hair for the ceremony, if we decide to do the MK and/or Epcot photo shoot, I will have to do my own hair that morning... and I know that you did the photo shoot.... (which were awesome!!)

I did my own hair for both! BUT you can hire one of the local people to do it in FL. I know that is what the brides do who get married in WDW.

I'm enjoying your planning journal so far.

It's nice to see another cruise wedding to take place on Deck 7. (Not that Castaway Cay isn't great) I love the flower colour you've chosen. The first 2 pics are my fav.

Best of luck with the weight loss. I know how it feels to wanna lose the weight but having something kinda hold you back. But you sound like you have alot more will power than me so I think you'll exceed your expectations.

i know what you mean when you posted pics of the flowers but they are not the 'ones'. The pics you did post are georgeous! I havent got a clue when it comes to flowers- i wish my grandad was still alive- he knew everything about flowers, and he would have been able to help me so much! I havent got a clue with names of flowers either- i just know colours heh!

The photos you did post of the flowers are lovely, and im sure if you ask your florist about the colours maybe she could send you a photo of a sample? I will keep a look out for the colour flowers you want incase i see some you are looking for!

Yeah, I realize it's a long-shot on the cake, but I'm hoping for at least something similar... I asked Cathy about it and she said we'll talk to the pastry chef at about 45 days out and see what can be done... as for the flowers, yes, I plan on just giving her a few pics as ideas of what I like and then having them do up probably the tropical bouquet also with my colors... I don't want to pay for any "extras" above what I'm already paying for this wedding!

Another thing I haven't mentioned... DF and I a few weeks or so ago started talking about getting tattoos... we're going to get the Mickey ears, with his first initial and my first initial in the ears and then our last initial in the center... then after the wedding, we'll go back and have the date put underneath... now i need to decide WHERE to get it... I already have a "tramp stamp" in the middle of my lower back... I have a sister that passed away a little over 5 years ago and she had a similar tattoo to the one I have... So I got this one "in her memory" about 3 or so years ago... I'm not really big on tattoos, but I do like the idea of getting something that is very sentimental and really means something... not just getting a tattoo for the sake of getting a tattoo... DF doesn't have any tattoos at all... yet... ;)

Tell the DF that you now have readers of your own, it is just a big forum and it takes a while to find who is out there. I love the idea of the cruise line wedding and WDW honeymoon, we have family that insists on being there so I can't even down grade to an escape if I wanted to, but at least dad is paying for it so it isn't getting in my pocket book.
When are you planning on taking the family for the big trip?
I loved the pics of the tropical bouquets on the DFTW website, they just wouldn't fit in with the location we want, oh well.
Good luck with the weight loss, I am right there with you. :cool1:

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! :thumbsup2
I am going to do a DCL VR, hopefully in Dec. We haven't booked it yet, but I am hoping to do so in the next couple of weeks. It sounds like you are really far along with your planning already. I'll have to keep checking in with you and see what you have done and compare notes.
I am hoping to get a better cake as well. I'm going to check out a few more PJ's and see what the other DCL brides had for cakes.

Yesterday was an awesome day! We went to the Dallas Bridal Show. If any of you watch "Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?" there's a wedding planner on there from dallas, Donnie Brown... I LOVE him! Then I found out he was going to be at the Bridal Show!! So of course we HAD to go see him! Before he went on stage, a guy was throwing t- shirts into the audience and I was lucky enough to catch one!! :cool1: It says "Soon To Be Bride" with little stick figure bride and groom... adorable!! Then Donnie was signing autographs after his thing... I was FIRST IN LINE for autographs! DF had the awesome idea to have him sign my shirt! He put on there, "You are going to be a beautiful bride... love Donnie" And I got an autographed pic also! Really made my day!!! :goodvibes AND.... I absolutely fell IN LOVE with a wedding dress I saw there! And the place I saw it had a sign that said "all dresses under $800!" i am SO going there to check out that dress!!!! :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

Then I told you guys in a previous post that DF and I were going to get matching tattoos... well, we did it last night!! :crazy2: :faint: :hyper:

I'll take pics of my shirt and our tattoos and post them in a little while... :thumbsup2

Well here is the pics. The first one here is Michelle with Donnie Brown

1232918965.jpg

She was smiling like she just met the pope :lmao: She was so happy(which of couarse made me very happy)

FYI these all were shot using my phone camera. They do not allow camera's in the actually exhibit.

This is Michelle getting her tattoo.

1232917977.jpg

She was a real trooper. She went first to show me it doesn't hurt to bad :rotfl2: :lmao: Well it SURE looked like it hurt i was 2 steps from the door after watching her :drive: This was coming from a woman went thru childbirth twice!!!

And here's how it looks this am
IMG_0749.jpg

I didn't chicken out i went ahead and got my mine as well. It was i either get mine done or i was sleeping outside last night. So i manned up and climbed onto the chair of pain. As i sat on that chair waiting for the pain to begin I kept wondering if I was making a mistake. Not with my future bride but the tattoo. I mean couldn't we get matching haircuts or matching earrings. :confused3 :rotfl: Just then the needle hit the skin and we were off. In all it really was only uncomfortable for a few seconds. I wondered how did i do 5 years in the Navy without ever getting a tat.

IMG_0748.jpg

So the letters are our first initial. So W is for Wade. The M is for Michelle and the G in the head is for my last name and soon to be Michelle's as well
After we get back from our wedding and honeymoon we are going to get the date underneath the head.

Sorry readers i should correct the last post the picture of the hairy leg would be mine and not Michelle's :scared1: .. I just want to clear that up.. Michelle is not French and she believes in shaving.. Sorry for the confusion didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea. That i have smooth legs and Michelle is some hairy beast. :rotfl:

Everyone have a good day

Just realized we hadn't posted the pic of my shirt that I caught at the bridal show and that Donnie Brown autographed for me... here it is!!

IMG_0750.jpg

Looks like you had tons of fun this weekend! After reading this I did a search on bridal shows and found one in Orlando next weekend and DBF said he would go. Looks like the Dis ladies are having luck at these events, maybe I will win something!

Donnie's jacket is crazy! I love it!

Can't wait to hear about the dress once you get to try it on. :)

Your tattoos are so awesome, I love the colors in the letters. Glad you climbed into the "chair of pain" Wade. I don't think I could do it. One of my best friends has many tattoos and I'm just a pansy. I went to a tattoo parlor in Germany and got the upper part of ear pierced, that was as hardcore as I could go lol

I'm a wimp when it comes to pain trust me. I would ask for vicodin for a sore throat if i knew i could get it :sad2:

It really only stung for about 20 seconds after that it felt like something vibrating on my leg. It was not bad at all.

I think my dad scared me away from getting tattoo's as he has both forearms and the backs of both tattooed. He got them in "nam" and he said they hurt like crazy and one of them got infected. So that's all i had to hear i was done.:)

I wanted to get this one because it means so much to me that i was willing to deal with the pain. My brother on the other hand goes out on his 18th bday and gets Marvin the Martian on his shoulder. AND ITS FREAKiNG HUGE!!! so now hes a 31yr old with a huge green Marvin. Not sure if the ladies find that attractive or not:eek: :scared1: and he hates it now. My point is i wanted this tattoo to mean something. I didn't want to get something i would regret later

PS Tell the bf they have cake there!!! that's the reason i go.. Stock up on some good cake!! Thats good eating right there. :teeth:

Can't believe I forgot to mention that I also saw and met Steve Kemble at the bridal show! he's another wedding planner that has been on whose wedding is it anyway and also did Extreme Makeover Wedding Edition (and probably some other wedding shows)... he gave me one of those rubber bracelets with his website and "bride" on it... :cool1:

On another note, I am totally bummed... the dress I saw at the bridal show that was the first dress I've seen that screams "THIS IS IT!" at me is THE ONLY one of that kind in the shop and apparently got quite a bit of interest at the show, so my chances of getting it are VERY slim... AND it's a size 8, which is more like a 4 or 6 street clothes, which I am FAR from... not sure if I'd even be able to get down to that size by the wedding... this shop is kind of a small shop and they only sell off the rack... which is good in the sense that all their dresses are under $800...

so i'm a little down tonight... :sad1: :sad: :sad2: :sad1: :(

Try Searching Ebay or I know if you send a picture to this site : www.lilywedding.com They can make a pattern and make the dress. This is where we got our brides maid dresses from. I have also had them look at a picture and give me a price for a dress to wear to my At home reception, but I ended up wearing my real dress. The price they gave me was like $300 or $400. It is worth a try!

Thanks, Lisa... I'll check out ebay! Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of the dress and there are no pics on the bridal shops web site... i don't even know who the designer is or anything to even do a google search or anything! The closest thing I have is that they had the dress hanging behind Donnie Brown on a Good Morning Texas segment about the bridal show... you can't see the whole dress, though, cuz Donnie is standing in front of it the whole time!

PS Tell the bf they have cake there!!! that's the reason i go.. Stock up on some good cake!! Thats good eating right there. :teeth:

LOL I definitely told him about the cake! We were watching the Food network Sunday night and it was all cake shows. We ended up making a cake last night.

Kudos to you on the tattoo. I would need it to mean something for me too. I'm sure it means that much more after your dad and brother's experiences!

That stinks about the dress. I'm sure you'll find a way to get something similar.
I like the site that Lisa got her bridesmaid dresses from.

Michelle...Good luck with all your planning!!! Another DCL Bride!!! We are getting married April 23, 2009! Congrats to you and Wade!

Love the Tats...Great idea with the initials!

As far as your dress goes, have you checked Davidsbridal.com I purchased my dress there for 99 plus shipping and tax...I think it was 116. It beautiful and just what I was looking for! As far as sizes go they did run a bit small, I had to buy the next size up from what I wear...And I am no where near a 6...even a 10, so dont feel bad about not fitting into the dress you seen!

Hey Tine! Do you have a planning journal going? You're getting married on Wade's bday!!! There are so few of us DCL brides and I just LOVE reading about everyone's plans as well as the past DCL brides' stories!!

Tuesday evening we were expecting an ice storm... we live just a little north of Dallas... someone says "ice" and everyone heads to the stores to stock up on batteries, water, etc... blah, blah, blah... and NO ONE can drive unless they came from a colder climate (like my wonderful DF who is from Maryland and definitely knows how to drive in the crap!) anyway... before the weather even got bad, they were canceling after school activities, etc... which meant my kids were gonna be home and I wouldn't have to baby-sit (I baby-sit the dance teacher's kids - helps pay for tuition!) so Wade got home early cuz he's in training all this week and we decide to head to the bridal shop. Well, they were already closed due to the weather! The roads were perfectly fine at this point or we wouldn't have driven all the way out there (it's about 30 minutes from our house).... oh, well... not sure when I'll be able to make it out there again! :sad2:

i did check out davidsbridal.com.... we also have a david's bridal near us... i haven't actually gone anywhere to try on dresses yet... i initially said i wouldn't until i lost my weight, but now i'm thinking about going ahead and trying them on, and then if i find one, ordering it a couple sizes smaller... that will "force" me to stay on track and lose the weight!! :thumbsup2

did you order it online without having tried it on or anything similar before hand? that makes me nervous... i see things i like online but have no idea if they would actually look good ON ME...:confused3

Okay, the bridal shop that was at the Bridal Show where I saw what may be "THE DRESS" still has that dress!! I can't get out there until at least 4:00 today... hopefully it will still be there and hopefully I can cram my fat a$$ into it!! It's a size 8 (equates to 4 or 6 street size) and i'm more like at least a 12 street size... I need to be able to just get in it enough to get a good idea of how it's going to look.... or maybe if that's not "THE DRESS" then hopefully I will find "THE DRESS" there! Wish me luck, ladies!!! pixiedust: :thumbsup2

Okay, I went to the bridal shop and learned a few things:

(1) The dress I saw at the show WAS beautiful, but NOT for me... it has a ton of beading, etc., and is super heavy with a long train... not exactly suited for a cruise ship wedding!

(2) I need to wait until I lose the majority of my weight before seriously trying on dresses.

(3) I have a little better idea of what I want.

(4) It's REALLY hard to see something hanging on the rack and have any clue what it's actually going to look like on ME!

That being said, I'm going to wait a while longer before seriously looking... But at least I won't keep thinking about "the dress that got away!" ;) :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter