Walking with Walt - January 2024 Exercise Thread

50 minutes for me (450/500) and congrats to ShannyMcB on jumping straight from Orange to Pink!

This morning I've been reading about the Tiki Room. - Did you know it was initially supposed to be a restaurant? I also read that the costume designer for the birds copied a favorite sweater of Walt's (blue, brushed wool, according to the book) for the material underneath the feathers because it would move without bunching when the birds "breathed".

+65

1005/1000

Hi all ! The January doldrums continue. Took a good fall in the house - I'm okay, just banged up. So no minutes for me - unless you count doctor visit - ugh. So, @PollyannaMom , if you'd like, take me off the team for this month. I'll give it another try in February.

So sorry to hear about your accident and hope you feel better!

I have 215 minutes since my last update a week ago. I feel like January is always a struggle. No matter what I do, I'm always exhausted. I wish I were in the Tiki Room right now. 🫤
635/700

Um, I think that’s endemic to being the mother of a baby. 215 minutes is fantastic when you're responsible for a young human!

:grouphug: to everyone!

I feel like January is always a struggle. No matter what I do, I'm always exhausted.
I'm the same way. I blame it on lack of sunlight.

Did you know that some antibiotics can cause tendon ruptures?
Yikes - I did not!

I had to take some recently myself, and they affected my platelets a little (I run low anyway) but I'm feeling better now.

45 new minutes for me (495/500 - had I realized I was that close, I'd have walked 5 more yesterday :laughing: ) and congrats to Elizabeth Smith on turning pink and red in one post!

The team is at 8,305 minutes (and I expect higher as Twilight Sparkle has probably been racking them up in WDW)

I've been reading about Adventureland, and how Walt would sketch rides on little pieces of paper and take them to the designers. That lead me to a little Googling, and I found this video about the original map used to show investors:

It's hard to believe that January is almost over, but we're into a new month tomorrow!

💕 Who would like to be our February host?? ❤️

Last edited:
A last 20 minutes for me, and so much new green!!! :jumping1:

PollyannaMom - 515/500
ShannyMcB - 331/330
sophy1996 - 1040/1000

Elizabeth Smith - 700/700

Will update additional minutes as they come in (I think one or two people are traveling) and otherwise - thanks for participating and see you on the February thread!

Aw thanks for checking up on me! I'm mostly over things but still on antibiotics. Did you know that some antibiotics can cause tendon ruptures? So no working out for me for another few days. Boo. I'm planning our next trip instead so Boo-to-You! :)
I did know that. I think Avelox is one of them, and that happens to be one class of antibiotics I have not had an allergic reaction to (am allergic to 5 other classes of antibiotics).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter