Walking with Walt - January 2024 Exercise Thread

Just stopping in to say hi :wave2: - no minutes to report - it's my turn with the upper respiratory thing that the kids have had - ugh. Just glad it's passing quickly.
Love the videos - the flagpole base reminds me of the old lamp posts in New York when I was growing up!
Sorry you've been sick. Hope you're feeling better now!

The thought of a kid getting to see a horse for the first time at Disneyland made me choke up a little bit. 🥰 It's so sweet to think of life through the eyes of a child.
I took Thursday off, then felt sick yesterday (must have eaten something that disagreed with me?), and today I decided to do an arm/core exercise. I notice when I'm rocking Charles to sleep, he's heavy enough now that my arms start to ache and burn, so I need to work on that. +10 minutes.
240/700
Hope you're feeling better by now, too!

A quick 10 minutes for me (370) and a big congrats to Twilight Sparkle on turning Pirate Purple!!

Still reading about Main Street, I learned about the Upjohn Pharmacy attraction, which I don't think I'd ever heard of before. Here's a video: (The narration was a little slow, so I sped it up to 1.25 in the ⚙️ menu when I watched.)

I also learned there was a real bank branch (not just an ATM) at Disneyland for years! The book suggested that it may have been a sort of thank-you for taking a chance by backing Snow White: "Perhaps Walt paid back the loan (and leap of faith) to Bank of America by offering prime real estate at his other risky venture - Disneyland."

And from D23: "The bank operated a branch on Main Street at Disneyland from July 17, 1955 to July 28, 1993. One of the longest-running participants at Disneyland, it was one of the only banks to have regular Sunday and holiday hours. It also sponsored 'it's a small world' from 1966 to 1992."

Just 30 minutes for me since my last post. (400/500) I've been feeling a little "off" this weekend myself.

We have lots of color changes, though! -
Congrats to:
sophy1996, Twilight Sparkle, me, CarolineBowmanFan37, and the team!!

This week, I learned about Walt's hidden entertaining room in the park:

Congrats to Elizabeth Smith on reaching Pirate Purple, and to sophy1996 on being the first to hit Rafiki Red!!

Did you know that, although Sleeping Beauty Castle is said to be inspired by Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, one of the spires is different? - The gold one to the right was modeled after Norte Dame Cathedral's. - Apparently, Walt had seen it on a trip...and just really liked it.

1706194815980.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter