Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We have a group of 6 (4 adults, 2 kids in boosters). What are our best options for getting to Swan from MCO? Two separate Ubers? One shuttle service?

FL Tours has vans that can accommodate a group and their luggage. They are recommended on the Transportation forum here. Two groups of my relatives used them in September and were pleased with the price and service. :)

I have a question: Was the Swan not recently renovated? I returned from a stay this past Tuesday, and the found the Swan to be in pretty rough shape. The hallway carpets had almost all of the pattern worn off, and there were multiple dings and dents in the paint in my room.

I unfortunately ended up with a musty smelling room too. I had read that could be a problem, so had brought some air freshener along. It did the trick to knock out the musty smell, thank goodness! We had a lovely corner room so I didn't want to give that up.

I have a question: Was the Swan not recently renovated? I returned from a stay this past Tuesday, and the found the Swan to be in pretty rough shape. The hallway carpets had almost all of the pattern worn off, and there were multiple dings and dents in the paint in my room.

I unfortunately ended up with a musty smelling room too. I had read that could be a problem, so had brought some air freshener along. It did the trick to knock out the musty smell, thank goodness! We had a lovely corner room so I didn't want to give that up.

It was renovated within the past couple of years. As far as dings and dents in the paint, it's hard to prevent those with so many guests in and out of the rooms. Some less careful than others.

It was renovated within the past couple of years. As far as dings and dents in the paint, it's hard to prevent those with so many guests in and out of the rooms. Some less careful than others.

If the carpet looks like that after 2 years, they picked the wrong type of carpet. Looks like it has been there 10 years at least.

If the carpet looks like that after 2 years, they picked the wrong type of carpet. Looks like it has been there 10 years at least.

Was the carpet blue with silverish streaks in it? That’s latest carpet design.

I stayed there twice since October 2016, and both of my rooms as well as those of my group looked brand new and were clean and luxurious. It’s a shame that you got a bad room.

I stayed there twice since October 2016, and both of my rooms as well as those of my group looked brand new and were clean and luxurious. It’s a shame that you got a bad room.

Yes. And in the hallway I was on the pattern was already worn off of the whole center of the carpet from foot traffic. I looked very bad.

Yes. And in the hallway I was gone the pattern was already worn off of the whole center of the carpet from foot traffic. I looked very bad.

When we were at Dolphin in June, we also made the same comment--the hallway carpets were worn to a frazzle from the housekeeping carts. I could not believe the poor condition for carpets that had only just been replaced.

Can someone please tell me if staying at the Dolphin will allow me the benefit of booking dining reservation at 180 + 10 days out?

the pattern was already worn off of the whole center of the carpet from foot traffic.

we also made the same comment--the hallway carpets were worn to a frazzle from the housekeeping carts. I could not believe the poor condition for carpets that had only just been replaced.
I think I saw the same on our trip in August. I was surprised. I think they got a bad type of carpet. I don't think the carpet itself was very worn, just the design. Like maybe the design did not go into the carpet deep enough. :confused3

Can someone please tell me if staying at the Dolphin will allow me the benefit of booking dining reservation at 180 + 10 days out?
You are entitled to the 180, not the +10. However, many here report having been able to get the +10.

Fuel at the Dolphin is a great place for breakfast, whether bagels, assorted bakery, or breakfast sandwiches. It also has a good selection of grab and go salads and sandwiches, as well as packaged snacks and coffee. However, it does not offer the 20% AAA discount that Picabu provides.

With a fairly large seating area, it looks like Fuel is becoming a popular Counter Service location.

Fuel at the Dolphin is a great place for breakfast, whether bagels, assorted bakery, or breakfast sandwiches. It also has a good selection of grab and go salads and sandwiches, as well as packaged snacks and coffee. However, it does not offer the 20% AAA discount that Picabu provides.

With a fairly large seating area, it looks like Fuel is becoming a popular Counter Service location.

I got the 20% AAA discount at Fuel 2 weeks ago.

I got the 20% AAA discount at Fuel 2 weeks ago.
They gave it to me a few days ago. However, when I presented my membership card yesterday, I was told they did not honor it for discount. When I said that I was given the discount the other day, a manager, who was working the other register, told the person checking me out that it was okay. I asked the manager if they normally honor the AAA card at Fuel; she smiled and shook her head no.

Last edited:
Does working at a Day Care Center as an assistant Pre-K teacher count as a teacher discount at the Swan/Dolphin ?

Does working at a Day Care Center as an assistant Pre-K teacher count as a teacher discount at the Swan/Dolphin ?

From what I remember after reading about, and booking, the nurse's discount, they require a license (nurse, teacher) to qualify. In fact, the first time I used it, I brought my license with me because the website said that I should? You can call and ask though. This was around six years ago, and my memory isn't always great.

I have reservations for April '18 and my 180 window opened up last week. Unfortunately, I didn't get the +10. Every day last week I had to make reservations for the corresponding 180 day mark of my trip. For example, the second day of our trip is 4/22/2018, so on 10/24/17 I was able to make any reservations I wanted for 4/22, but could not make any reservations for 4/23 or beyond. I had to wait until 10/25 to make reservations for 4/23, and wait until 10/26 to book for 4/24, and so on. Fortunately I only wanted two hard-to-get reservations (dinner at CRT and lunch at BoG) so I only had to get up super early one day to get those. The rest I just booked each day when I had a few free moments. I got all the times I wanted except CRT was an hour earlier than I had hoped, but that's not the end of the world!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter